It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Lifting Pressure Points?" (Party Trick)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hi There

I don't know where did this shoud go (i know its not really paranormal) but anyways:

Does anyone know how many "lifting pressure points" they are and how to do them.

"Lifting Pressure points" (as i call them) as in the party trick where someone seems weightless (the one with 4 people and one person being lifted in the middle) its on the film craft and probly other "witch" films, however it is real (not by magic, just balance)

I remeber my dad telling me his father (my grandfather) used to do one where you could pick someone up by under their arms with 2 fingers while they were standing up.

Does anyone know how to do this/or others, or if they are any sites which explane how to.

Sorry about the bad explanation (however i do not know what it is called)

Thanks in advance.

(Btw if someone knows of a better explanation please feel free to post it, i wont be offended or anything)

I have tryed a search on "Lifting Points" and found nothing (although i am sure its been brought up before, pobly in different wording)

I also have searched "Pressure Points" however it comes up with things such as Kill Bill and Martial arts (what i expcected really)

And yes i have searched for "Lifting Pressure Points" which comes up negative.

[edit on 12-6-2005 by Crash]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
judgeing from the "views" i guess no one understands what i am on about, or no one has any information.

No problem, as i guess that their references are hard to come by

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
dude you're on global ignore... no one can see what you type unless they click reply.....

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Crash I see you have yet to read your u2u's. I sent you one some time ago, please review this mail so we can sort things out.

If you aren't sure how to retrieve your messages all you need to do is click on the notice (1 New U2U) or the "memCenter" link.

Thanks bud.......

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Sorted mate,

Sorry for any inconvenience, and for U2U'ing me, i did not realise i was on global ignore.

About the "advertisement rules" my computer had been down for some time so i forgot the rules, and posted a new signature when i managed to sort out this computer.

Thanks for the heads up, appriciate it

*Edited for minor spelling mistakes and grammer*

[edit on 12-6-2005 by Crash]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I remember doing this once when I was a kid. I think we just had someone lay down on the floor while a bunch of us kneeled and randomly stuck two fingers under the guy while gently lifting upward. It was freaky because everyone said they weren’t exerting any effort and the body just kept going up. It did seem almost magical back then.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
"lifting pressure points"

Ah yes i remember this trick my dad used to do this when i was younger.
ill try and explain in point by point to make it easyer.

1, 1 person (subject) sits on a chair, 2 people stand either side of the subject

2, the 2 people place there hands 1 on top of the other on the subjects head and presses lightly, while subject closes eyes

3, Ask the subject to relax and think about flying over mountains, tell them to feel light, talk in a slow gentle tone,

4, tell them they are feeling lighter and lighter,

5, slowly the 2 people take 1 hand at a time of the subjects head,
place 2 fingers under arm of the subject, (both people do this on either side of the subject)

then put 2 fingers under the leg (just above the back of the knee)

once done then count 1 2 3 then lift!!!!!!!!

you should be able to lift the person if done right!

lol swear this is funny but really it works How?? i have no idea lol

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
From what I understand it is an example of Chi focus. Similar to trying to pick up your favorite pet while it is sleeping, compared to when it wants to be picked up. There is a percieved wieght differance, yet if you had a scale they would weight the same

There is another way that you can do a shot of them from above and put a skateboard underneath them.

Or a camera shot where you see the wieghts of the barbell, but not the weightlifers on eacther side helping the 5 year old.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Awsome, I wanna try that sometime, if only I wasn't so lazy.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Does anyone know a site which explanes how to do it (and possibly with diagrams)

Also alasa, i believe thats the one my dad was telling me about, except his dad did it solo (i think)

[edit on 13-6-2005 by Crash]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
trying to find some more links

www.mdani.demon.co.uk...

www.castleofspirits.com...

goodtricks.net...

do a google search under human levitation tricks and you will find many links, im sure on one there has to be some pics

[edit on 13-6-2005 by asala]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Me and my friends call it "Light as a feather, stiff as a board"

One person lies on a bed, you make the room completely dark, the other people (need at least 1 on each side) put their hands under that person, everyone closes there eyes, and everyone but the person lieing down chants Light as a feather, stiff as a board. and the person feels lighter. Cant open your eyes or laugh at all.

We got yelled at by my ex-best friend's sister for playing that at the Hilton(birthday party sleepover thing), her sister was all "Dont do that! Its witch craft stuff" and shot a dirty look at me even tho playing it wasn't my idea... :shk: they think I'm like a paganist or a satanist even tho I'm christian...

And now that friend is mad at me, and we dont talk anymore (its been about a month with that whole not talking thing) but today at least we were laughing together at the nurses...who knows maybe we're making progress with becomming friends again

No matter what I will allways like her as a person...

But thats off topic, so yeah, Me, Sydney, and Shannon played that when they slept over my house for my mini b-day party, and you really feel lighter...its creepy...then Shannon and me got scared cause of ghost stories tho

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the links alasa

I will also edit the topic now i know its under "Human Levitation"

(Can not seem to edit the title)

[edit on 13-6-2005 by Crash]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Bingo....try the above also as a search...
They even called it that in The Craft as well....

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Bingo....try the above also as a search...
They even called it that in The Craft as well....

I believe the orriginal version of this game had them chanting that in some other language...can't remember I read about it awhile ago, I'll try to find the link for it

top topics

join