It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Lifted Off The Bed...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Has anyone ever had the experience of almost being in a sound sleep and suddenly you feel like you are jerked off the bed and dropped? This happened to me a couple of nights ago... and once I felt as if I was floating off the bed and when I realized it I dropped to the mattress. A Very weird feeling.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It's time to put the pipe away.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Entirely natural. This happens when your body is in such a relaxed state that your heart and lungs almost shut down. Your brain sends a kind of shock through your nervous system to wake you up, giving your heart a kick start and keeping you alive

It's happened to me when I've fallen asleep in a room with other people present. They all saw what happened and assured me I was not floating

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I get the feeling all the time that im floating, but i never float does that make sense? anyways i've experience this since i was a kid

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Did you ever do the thing when you were a kid (this is usually a slumber party thing and I don't know if guys have all that many slumber party things), where you lay on the bed and you get lots of friends to stand on each side of the bed; each person puts two fingers under you and then they start saying something (I don't remember what it was) and then you start getting the sensation of floating? like their all picking you up with just two finger? FREAKY!

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Ive had that feeling before when your just about to fall asleep..except when it happens to me, it feels like Im on a skateboard thats being pulled out from under me or Im loosing my footing in some way. Never felt as if I were floating, tho.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Did you ever do the thing when you were a kid (this is usually a slumber party thing and I don't know if guys have all that many slumber party things), where you lay on the bed and you get lots of friends to stand on each side of the bed; each person puts two fingers under you and then they start saying something (I don't remember what it was) and then you start getting the sensation of floating? like their all picking you up with just two finger? FREAKY!

My mother and brother used to do that to me all the time when I was younger. Except it only required 2 people, and I layed on the floor.If my memory serves me correctly I believe the saying was "stiff as a board. light as a feather". the felling is really weird, and kinda erie

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I think I remember something like that... It has something to do with physics?

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Yeah, I think it has the same thing to do with standing in a doorway and pressing your forearms real hard against both door sills for several seconds. Then, when you step away, your forearms lift up all by theirselves. FREAK!

hahhaha...childhood memories, weird as they may be.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheyWatchYouToo
Has anyone ever had the experience of almost being in a sound sleep and suddenly you feel like you are jerked off the bed and dropped? This happened to me a couple of nights ago... and once I felt as if I was floating off the bed and when I realized it I dropped to the mattress. A Very weird feeling.

once.
It was a dark thing suffocating me, and a roar in the background like a lion laughing.
then it stopped.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
floating out of your body?

Anyone?

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
When you do the "stiff as a board light as a feather" thing, are you actualy picked off the ground?

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I don't know. I hate to be so unscientific...I'm sure it has to do with pressure on one side and then relieving it and the pushing up on the other side....but I just don't know. All I can tell you is that when they did it to me, I felt like I was floating up in the air and was just FREAKING OUT!

hahaha

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I've never had anyone do the stiff as a board thing and I don't think I'd like it either.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Yeah, I think it has the same thing to do with standing in a doorway and pressing your forearms real hard against both door sills for several seconds. Then, when you step away, your forearms lift up all by theirselves. FREAK!

Yep.....It's some sort of a reflex......quite cool...

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I sure don't like talking bout that, it freaked me out.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheyWatchYouToo
I've never had anyone do the stiff as a board thing and I don't think I'd like it either.

Its really fun. All you have to do is lay on your back and or sit in a chair chant "Im stiff as a board, light as a feather" and then have your 2 partners each put 2 fingers onder your knee and 2 fingers inder your arm pit and lift at the same time.

There is also another way to do this which requires 5 people. It has to do with HUMAN DIAMAGNETISM GRAVITY ANTENNA LEVITATION. Diamagnetism is essentially a magnetic-neutral zone existing between a north and south magnetic field, which can be exploited for purposes of levitation

Have 5 people and a steady chair ready, willing and able to help you in your levitation trick.

2. Decide who is going to be the person you levitate - put that person in the chair -
tell them to sit down, shut up and hang on

3. Sit the chair to face due West (sometimes this will work with the chair facing due North - if nothing happens try changing the position).

4. Stand 4 people around the chair in a square i.e. 2 people behind the shoulders and two at either knee (see diagram).

5. The person who is going to be levitated must sit relaxed, with both feet together on the floor, hands in lap.

6. All four participants surrounding the person in the chair should now extend their hands out with fists clenched except two fingers. Palms down, the person beside the shoulder places his or her fingers under the armpit - the person beside the knee places his or her fingers under the knee (you get the idea) - together everyone should try to lift the person in the chair first off before you do anything. You should find that you cannot do it.

7. Try again BUT THIS TIME........ - Everyone place their hands one on top of the other upon the chair sitters head - press down slightly (don't cave the poor persons head in) - no two hands of the one person should be touching each other i.e. one hand of each person on top of the other. Lay your hands as if you would heal this person in the chair! - In unison count to ten - on the count of nine remove all hands QUICKLY together and place under the person in the chair (under armpits and knees), on the count of TEN lift and UP THEY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

If you keep counting you should easily be able to hold the person up in the air while you count and lift down again slowly. GIVE IT A GO!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by damefool

Yep.....It's some sort of a reflex......quite cool...

Speaking of freak- has anyone ever done that Bloody Mary thing? I've been too chicken to ever try it out.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 12:09 AM
link   
What is a Bloody Mary Thing?

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by damefool
What is a Bloody Mary Thing?

You know, that thing where you say Bloody Mary in a darkened room looking in a mirror and supposedly some old witch comes out to get you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join