It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US denies French fighters emergency landing rights in a critical situation

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy
France gives permission for NASA Space Shutle To Make Emergency Landing In an operational French air

i did'nt bother to read all the posts

You keep asking for links, Stealth Spy. HereĀ“s a link for ya :
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Btw, this is your own thread. You should read the replies.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The French initially approached the air base assuming that they were going to be given permission. But they were'nt and turned away to Atlantic City, and made to travel farther when they were critically short of fuel.

Its not like they got to atlantic city outright. They went to McG??? Base and were then turned away to atlantic city

If I am "critically low on fuel" I am not going to be calling Operations at McGuire AFB, I am going to be squawking the international emergency transponder code and yelling on the Guard frequency for a vector to the nearest airport that can handle my aircraft. Actually I wouldn't have gotten "critically low" on fuel in the first place. When you plan an exercise like this you arrange to have emergency divert airfields. How hard would it be for the French Embassy to have contacted the US and asked for permission to use airfields in the first place. Hell, the Air Force would have probably put a couple of tankers on alert just in case. While we are on the subject I understand that one plane had a mechanical problem but why were there 9 of them? Should have been just the plane in trouble and his wingman. As far as this being the US trying to get back at the French for some percieved slight that is absurd. If you want my honest opinion I think that the French just wanted to crash the airshow. Look at the posted maps again. This section of the US is loaded with airports that could handle these planes easily. I still want to know how much fuel each plane took when they were refuelled.

[edit on 23-6-2005 by JIMC5499]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Maybe you should have READ the article Stealthspy. The DATE on the article is June 7th, and it explicitly says "LAST FRIDAY" in it.

June 7, 2005
Fair-Weather Friends
US Denies French Fighters Emergency Landing Rights

By DAVE LINDORFF

ow on fuel last Friday because of a freak storm that prevented them from returning to

If you're gonna post something bashing the military, at least get your facts straight. Now let's see, the article was on June 7th which was a Tuesday, the previous Friday would have been June 3rd. Ever seen an airshow with the Blue Angels or Thunderbirds flying? They do a special show the day before an airshow just for the military and their families. Now let's see, the air show was June 4th, and 5th. which were Saturday and Sunday, which would make the day before the airshow.....everybody now......Friday June 3rd. Practice show/Military Family Day show. Any questions?

[edit on 23-6-2005 by Zaphod58]

[edit on 23-6-2005 by Zaphod58]

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join