It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William 'kills deer with spear'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   

William with the Botswana band who played at his 21st party.

Prince William has killed a tiny antelope on holiday in Kenya with a 7ft spear, according to reports.
The story in the Mail on Sunday is likely to reopen the debate about the Royal Family and their participation in blood sports.

The prince had been taking lessons in hunting from a Masai warrior when he took a shot at a dik-dik, a 14 inch (35 cm) high native deer.

Legei, the tribal village's Masai leader, told the newspaper that William experimented with the spear - made from acacia wood and fashioned with a metal tip - by targeting tree trunks in a village clearing.

He said: "Then we took him out hunting and he crept up like we do on the first prey he saw, a fully grown dik-dik.

BBC

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
....I thought you were referring to "our" William.
And I was really wondering just how much stress he's under with this site.

Nevermind tho.
Yay, the crown prince killed a dik-dik. PETA goes nuts. Everyone at ATS snickers because dik-dik is a funny word.
(hell, I laugh everytime I see it...)

-B.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think Prince William has been blooded well before this.

Not really sensible on the world stage, if it's as reported. The small antelopes are interesting (and nimble) creatures, and not that easy to bring down.

I wonder if they drugged it or tied it up to make the spear shot easier.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Yeah must been them brit and blood they like to kill foxes

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
As long as he didn't kill some animal that was protected by endangered species laws I dont really see the problem. People hunt. I don't agree with the activity myself but it's not my business.

Anyways this activity took place in Kenya. That's what they do there, and he did it with the locals. "When in Rome..."

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Everyone at ATS snickers because dik-dik is a funny word.

*snicker*

He speared a dik-dik....

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
William is very much like his mother. He does what he wants. Good for him.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
That's nothing compared to the American package vacation where you fly to africa and shoot caged lions and take the heads home. There was a documentary about it a couple of years ago.

"Hey, get your spear out of my dik-dik"

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well killing animals runs in the family, how would Willy like it if someone shoved a spear up his derrier?!

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I think that business with the lion was a pantload!!
This is no big deal except to PC anti-hunt types from the UK. They just banned the classic hunt in jolly old England why should we be surprised that there would be outrage over the SOD (son of dianna) spearing a helpless small dear like animal!! What you are not told is that the Dik-Dik is a vicious creature it preys on un-suspecting Pus-Pus jumping them over and over until it collapses from fatigue!
Truely horrible!!

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I don't understand the hunting of animals for recreational purposes.

I wouldn't want a "stuffed" anything that was once alive stuck on my wall like some trophy either.

top topics

join