It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans can develop ability to see into future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I had a burning question today. I believe humans already have the ability to see into the future, but it is subconscienciously. Let's say you pick up a snowball and want to throw it at a kid that is running away from you. When you throw it at him, you Somehow manage to come fairly close to hitting him/her and may even actually hit them. I believe that in the split second before you launch the snowball, your Subconscience "Looks" into the future and quickly sees the outcomes of different throw forces and sends the info to your brain and causes you to somehow "know" how hard to throw the ball. I'm not exactly sure how to word it, maybe someone else could word it better for me, but if we could somehow figure out how to make these unconscience forecasts into conscience forecasts, could it be possible that everyone could "Develop" the ability to see into the future?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   
time is like a waterfall constant but can change its form.
All we do is see possible outcomes of this and if we guess correctly then we have seen just one outcome of many.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I think that kind of thinking that happens to do this is all from experience in life. It's like after you've thrown something once, you pretty much know how much force will throw how heavy of an object what distance. It's an interesting theory but I really think its just from this experience with things.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx
I think that kind of thinking that happens to do this is all from experience in life. It's like after you've thrown something once, you pretty much know how much force will throw how heavy of an object what distance. It's an interesting theory but I really think its just from this experience with things.

yes i think his example personally would be more conceptions than preconceptions

JAK

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I had an intersting conversation with a friend yesterday which related to this topic.

We touched upon the possibility of people somehow, although maybe not conciously so, being aware of future events. As if ripples would eminate from and event of a big enough nature.

The main points mentioned were: and

It was an interesting conversation. Also in 1994 there was another co-incidence involving the Daily Telegraph's crossword where

Source
    In 1994, the Daily Telegraph crossword apparently foretold the sinking of a passenger liner in the Baltic. It was written up in Fortean Times at the time. The solution to their crossword of 24th September 1994 included the words "passenger list", "master mariner", "slain" and "Estonia". On September 28th 1944, the liner Estonia sank, killing over 800 of its 1,000 passengers.

Jak

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
wow nice reply JAK this is turning into a good post

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I can't attack the original point that perhaps people have the ability to develop foresight, but your example is flawed. When you throw a snowball at a friend running away, you take into account how fast they're running when you throw. That isn't sight into the future, it's just an estimate of about where they'll be if they continue on the same speed and directional line. It's the same thing as shooting an arrow at a moving target. You take into account how far you are, how fast the object is moving, then shoot somewhat ahead so the arrow hits in the right spot.

If it were foresight, you would be able to predict that a friend will dart left or right when the snowball is in midair, or stop altogether. You've never thrown a snowball way to the left of a friend, only to have him turn and start running left just after you throw it, then it hits him, right?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
can we see into the future? maybe

can consciousness itself find a way in the future to deliver messages to potential recievers in the past (us), maybe.

which is which, or are both happening?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
people are born with certain abilities. such as seeing into the future or being all knowing. along side of that they can also get to Feel in great detail and everything there is, being an empath, being telepathic and a whole list.

you get only 3-4 at the start which you got to learn to work with. after a while you'll get a few more. you can't learn everything as lots of people assume and you can't choose what you can or can't learn. you just can or can't. simple as that.

most people already got the ability to see into the future. all they got to do is accept that they can and learn to use it. being able to see into the future is a gift given more then being all knowing.

now seeing time is not that you can see years ahead and know what's going to happen. time is not set into stone and changes each time you make a decission. however the most important points in someones life ARE set in stone whether you want it to happen or not. so when you see things of the future it's usually in a timeframe of the next 3 weeks at most. when you're trained in it you can look a few years ahead and only see the events that are already set in stone and are important. things that are important are certain Lifes Lessons and time of death. rest it's pretty much up for change as you make decisions constantly and free will and stuff like that

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The Voice of L said it once, but I'll say it again,

You didnt see into the future, but rather your brain calculated the known flight plan and reflexibly used the correct force. You do that for virtually everything you do, from walking to talking.

Before you go and poke at the laws of physics, and Im fairly sure your mind seeing future events violates a whole slew of them, insure there is no other way to explain it rationally.

top topics

join