It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Significance of 3 am?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
an altogether more reasonable answer could be that you wake a few times during the night, which is not unusual, but you only remember 3am because you have attached a significance to it.

other possibilities include a low ebb in sleep hormones at this time of night coupled with sleep related distortions (sleep paralysis etc.) or you having set your biological alarm clock for this time.

it could be simply that your neighbour gets in from his night shift at 3am and bangs about a bit.

there's tons of logical explanations, i suggest trying to eliminate them first. a good start would be to stay up till 3am and see do you get that feeling.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

I don't make claim to the story from the movie, just pointed to an alternate theory.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
not you in particular jhill, just hadn't read any posts suggesting elimination of the obvious before proceeding with the supernatural, thats the only point i was making. i've heard the supernatural suggestions for any time between 3 and 5 in the morning, but others wre making them and i wanted to add a different perspective. its all good stuff, i'm open to your suggestion as well as mine being right in equal measure.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
3am is a great time of the day

there are worse time however

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
3am has always held a special significance in Chinese ghost stories & especially in Hongkong or Chinese movies. Lots of ghost movies in Asia love the 2:30am to 3am timing for the ghosts to appear.

My brother & I have talked about it a few times, ranging on how the military (in my country I think) like to start dawn attacks from this hour onwards, & on how this time of the night always seemed particularly cold etc.. Most times I've woken up at 2am to 3am because of the cold.

I think that this 3am seems particularly eerie is

1. The temperature.
2. The quietness from the enviroment. Most people are asleep.
3. Human attention & alertness is lowest at this timing.

If you want to avoid waking prematurely, try wearing something warmer like a sweater or raise your temperature by drinking something hot. It'd seem much less eerie & easier to fall back to bed.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by postmeme]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I too have the same issue, believe it or not if I don’t take a sleeping pill and/or drink a few I wake at three on the dot. I don’t know why I do it, but as a kid I slept under my twin sister’s bed most of the times do to my imagination. My imagination runs amuck all the time and I think all the time…….who knows maybe that has something to do with it…..

But my feelings go out to you…..especially if you can’t drink…..lol

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
We have a thread dedicated to the Significance of numbers in our lives.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please post your thoughts and experiences there.

Closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join