It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the story of Moses and the plagues

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I think Will Farel as Moses would make a great movie.

The plagues are rotten. How Moses could suddenly have all this magical powers to then only lead his people to wander in the desert for 40 years, makes no sense to me. One should wonder why god did not endow Moses with power of direction rather than power of spontaneous locusts.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   
moses was an old man by the time he went to save the Jews. After he fled egypt he met his wife and had a family dwelled there for years and years. the reason they wonder in the desert for 40 years was because the people sinned building the god. no one saw the Holy Land who committed that sin.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
I think Will Farel as Moses would make a great movie.

The plagues are rotten. How Moses could suddenly have all this magical powers to then only lead his people to wander in the desert for 40 years, makes no sense to me. One should wonder why god did not endow Moses with power of direction rather than power of spontaneous locusts.

They should have an ignorance award. Its obvious you know nothing about the material you are talking about. (ie..ignorant of it). Stuff like this really detracts from the entire thread and site.

===============

On the water turning to blood:

The thing is...it doesnt say that it 'looked like blood" or was 'red like blood'. It says it turned to blood.
Just like with the staff. It doesnt say that they thought it looked like a snake. It says it turned into a snake.
The same with the locusts, frogs, etc..

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
A lot has been lost in the many interpretations of the plagues. It most certainly can mean that it it turned red, not necessarily blood. And as for the first born sons dying, weren't food and grains stored in silos (or something like them)? By the time all of the plagues had passed, you'd imagine that the grains were contaminated with disease. First born sons were considered priority in the family. They received double-portions to make them big and strong. Wouldn't it be safe to say that the ration they got was enough to kill them, while it may not have been enough for other siblings who got less food so they lived?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Is there really any evidence that Moses and the Israelites were ever in Egypt for 40 years? I've read about how some scientists have found none.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by evildoer
Is there really any evidence that Moses and the Israelites were ever in Egypt for 40 years? I've read about how some scientists have found none.

Ive heard that some couldnt even find a bible to see what to look for.

Yet they still said it was science

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The sin excuse for traversing the desert 40 years is a joke. Either they had no clue where they were going, they either never made it to Israel, or it is made up that it took them 40 years to get their. If it is true, Moses did a marvelous job of brainwashing his followers. I know I could not put up with that for for more than 40 minutes!

"Hey, Moses...hate to correct you but Israel is thataway---->"
"I know. But because we have sinned, we must travel for 40 years before we can go there."
"Nice knowing you Moses."
"Kill, the infidel!"
"
"

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The story of Moses and the Plagues are Pre-Figuration of the New Testament.

quote///The Old Testament Hebrew Pascha prefigured our New Testament Christian Pascha.
In the Old Testament Pascha, death passed over the dwellings of the Hebrews.
They were liberated from bondage in Egypt and given the Promised Land. Thus also in the Christian Pascha, the Resurrection of Christ, eternal death has passed over us.
The Risen Christ, having freed us from the slavery of the Devil, has given us eternal life.

Christ died on the Cross on the day when the Paschal lambs were slain, and He rose immediately after the Hebrew Pascha.
This is why the Church always celebrates the Resurrection of Christ after the Jewish Passover and calls the feast Pascha(Easter).

The word Pascha means "passing by," "passover," or "deliverance from misfortune" — the angel of death passed over the Hebrew dwellings. Every year on the evening of this day the Hebrews slaughtered and prepared the Paschal lamb and ate it with unleavened bread. This feast lasted for seven days.
www.orthodoxphotos.com...

All of the OLD TESTAMENT IS A PRE-FIGURATION OF JESUS CHRIST !

During the Old Testament period, God gave laws to the Hebrews to help them live righteous lives. He instituted animal sacrifices, which the Hebrews were to make as offerings for sin.
These sacrifices were a prefiguration of Christ's sacrifice, to prepare the people of God to understand and accept the meaning of Christ's death on the Cross. But neither the sacrifices nor the laws were able to restore mankind to the state he had lost at the Fall.
www.orthodoxinfo.com...

The Forty-year Wandering of the Hebrew People, the Bronze Serpent.....The Bronze Serpant pre-figured the Cruccifiction of Christ...
see explanation....
www.orthodoxphotos.com...

IX
helen

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
The bible says there are TEN PLAGUES....however...PSALM 78 gives us SEVEN PLAGUES meanwhile PSALM 105 has a healthy NINE PLAGUES and we finish with the BOOK OF WISDOM which leaves it at SIX PLAGUES ???

The nile is naturally red due to the high mountain clay content due to the autumn rains and red microorganisms..its known locally as the RED NILE

The frogs appear in the pools left by the withdrawl of the nile and the same with mosquitos.

The boils are the direct effect of said mosquitos..

The hail is a rare event in Eygpt but is frequent in Caanan in the winter.

The locusts are a frequent epedemic in the crops of the middle east.

The darkness could have been caused by "THE BLACK WIND" a sand storm raised by the KHASMIN wind that passes normally at the end of March, funnily enough exactly when the jews left Eygpt..!!

The death of the frist sons - one things certain NO EYGPTIAN SOURCE menetion the event ??
Why is this only added to the other nine plagues as an after event ??
In exodus 4;23 they only speak of the death of the son of the Pharoah.
The tale could be copied from an Eygptian myth with a similar storyline and simply added by the bible writer later.

The tales of the jews always have one thing in common, they try not to be profane, nothing they do or whatever victory they have real or false is always with the help of god.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972

The nile is naturally red due to the high mountain clay content due to the autumn rains and red microorganisms..its known locally as the RED NILE

Did this take place in autumn?

The frogs appear in the pools left by the withdrawl of the nile and the same with mosquitos.

It does not say frogs were in pools of water, nor does it say the nile withdrew because of the autumn rains. (logic?)

Wouldnt the frogs have eaten the skeeters george?

The boils are the direct effect of said mosquitos..

Really?
Not in all my years have I seen this

The hail is a rare event in Eygpt but is frequent in Caanan in the winter.
Really?!

Houses in the mideast must be made of asbestos since firey hail is common there

The locusts are a frequent epedemic in the crops of the middle east.

Yet they showed up on command and then completely left and drown in the sea on command. Not one was left behind. Is that also common in the mideast?

The darkness could have been caused by "THE BLACK WIND" a sand storm raised by the KHASMIN wind that passes normally at the end of March, funnily enough exactly when the jews left Eygpt..!!

Exo 10:21 And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even darkness which may be felt.

Darkness that may be felt. Only over egypt. hmmm
On command

Could it be that just as Jesus , the firstborn of creation, was 3 days in the earth and then rose up to life again...walked the earth for 40 days...and went on to be with God...

the jews were 3 days in darkness...then the firstborn was slain and they passed through the water (baptism) and walked 40 years in the wilderness...then on to the promise land.

Almost seems prophetic

The death of the frist sons - one things certain NO EYGPTIAN SOURCE menetion the event ??
Why is this only added to the other nine plagues as an after event ??
In exodus 4;23 they only speak of the death of the son of the Pharoah.
The tale could be copied from an Eygptian myth with a similar storyline and simply added by the bible writer later.

The tales of the jews always have one thing in common, they try not to be profane, nothing they do or whatever victory they have real or false is always with the help of god.

Exo 11:5 And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sitteth upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that is behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts.

now compare to

Exo 4:22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:
Exo 4:23 And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn.

Seems God is talking national there. It appears He followed up too

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join