It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy Forcefeild

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I have to say this is an interesting thread, especially since I have often thought about this concept myself. What I once thought would be possible for bullets is what nasa is supposidly trying and that is the use of a magnetic field to create a repealing force.

However I have also had another recent thought involving the matter, and wouldnt the creating of artifical gravity theoritcally allow for the creation of a force shield, since it would mean, that all objects would be deflected.

F=MA

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

an antimatter sheild, somthing like a bunch of crammed together particles made of antimatter, thus kind of just sucking the object in it that would be shot at the sheild.

Yeah, not such a good idea, the only thing that that would do, is create an explosion big enough to take out the North American continent.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Personally, I'd rather carry a "Bullettime" Switch and press it to avoid incoming projectiles, but that requires spacetime bending and all sorts of stuff.

Bullets are made out of a fast moving, high mass, electrically and magnetically neutral metal, aka lead, thus making them perfect for flying straight through anything but harder materials. Tank rounds are insidieously difficult to stop with anything but insane amounts of layered steel or speciality high desity materals, aka Chobham composite. Magnetic fields are not really applicable for either and none of the other ideas seem to be plausible.

Soviet tanks in the 80's tested "reactive" armor which is a realistic version of the antimatter idea. You strap high explosives onto your tank (thrilled tank commanders when announced, Im sure) and when an enemy round hit the vehicle, it would cause an explosion that would project outward and to the sides, thus slowing down the incoming projectile or disrupting its "burn" stage with HE rounds or deflecting it with kinetic rounds. It worked to a degree, but isnt a "force field" by any means.

Best idea for a "energy field" to block physical objects would be a fast tracking laser that could disturb the flight path of rockets or bullets, or simply incinerate them, but who wants molten lead splashed on them?
Perhaps some method of quick ionization and then use of magnetic fields. I never really gave it thought because Mr. Bullet is so darn good at his job.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Reactive armor is still used and is still good...well, at least far better then nothing more then a couple inches of steel.

However, I think it will be replaced by the newer and better "Electric Armour".

Dstl scientists have developed a revolutionary Electric Armour system which can resist attack by RPGs or other shaped charge weapons whilst remaining of a practical weight and size for armoured vehicles to carry. A recently demonstrated system, consisting of bulletproof metal plating, insulation, power distribution lines, and storage capacitors weighs a mere couple of tonnes, but has a protective effect equal to carrying an extra 10-20 tonnes of steel armour.

Electric Armour

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
and as for people...Curently they use kevlar, some have a steel plate in the middle, for a little extra security for your vital organs. kevlar has being pretty good, because its flexable, and yet still can stop bullets.

But something better has emerged, liquid armor. Your vest would have a non-toxic liquid in it, so its very flexable, and the moment a bullet or fragment penatrates its outer layer the liquid goes hard...stoping the bullet from entering into you.

Liquid Body Armor

&date10=12.04.03&article_id=218392121 target=]video about the armor (quicktime needed to view)

"The sky's the limit," said Wetzel. "We would first like to put this material in a soldier's sleeves and pants, areas that aren't protected by ballistic vests but need to remain flexible. We could also use this material for bomb blankets, to cover suspicious packages or unexploded ordnance. Liquid armor could even be applied to jump boots, so that they would stiffen during impact to support Soldiers' ankles."

In addition to saving Soldiers' lives, Wetzel said liquid armor in Kevlar vests could help those who work in law enforcement.

"Prison guards and police officers could also benefit from this technology," said Wetzel. "Liquid armor is much more stab resistant than conventional body armor. This capability is especially important for prison guards, who are most often attacked with handmade sharp weapons."

With liquid armor you could be able to have a bulletproof vest, pants, sleeves, and you allready have a bullet proof helmet. Soom they might have soldiers put on a liquid armor suit, that covers you from your neck to your ankles...that would be very impressive.

heres a pic of the backside of it, after shot at.

[edit on 14-6-2005 by Murcielago]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
That liquid armour is awesome...Just think of the possiblities
Thanks for posting it. I also llike the idea started earlier about the use a laser to melt the projectile, all that would have to be modified is some form of quick cooling system right after the laser.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
"Star Wars" system that Reagan got a term with was based on the idea of defending the country with a net of space and ground-based lasers and intercepter missiles, thus my idea for a smaller system. Wouldn't be practical though..

I still opt for the bullettime button, or maybe projected bullettime fields, you know, you've seen the movie. (sarcaism)...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join