It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is ATS So Addictive?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It's the only place I can find over people as messed up as me to talk to... LOL

Naa.. I like it cause it is a place to discuss subjects which are more interesting, realistic and relevant than 'Celebrity Love Island' and 'Big Brother'.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I agree its addictive. I joined christmas eve of last year, Thats right, i was your christmas present. (Santa ran out of coal) anyway, Ive been here six months and can't wait to check the posts in the evening. I think its the multitude of differant opinions that keeps me coming back. You can learn about ANYTHING and get get that info from every single angle imagined. It's better then a college education.

I do need to break a bit from it though. I'm even starting to have dreams of conspiricies. I'm serious. Last night I dreamed I was at a radio station and the president, vice president and all his cabinet were there. People came in with guns and started shooting and killed all of them. Luckily i was able to make it ut a window and head over to this chicks house, Who i didn't know, and while there I saw the president giving a speech on television. I knew instantly that the entire executive branch had been replaced with lookalikes by the people who had killed the real president. Thats when they came for me. They knew I knew the truth and they were going to kill me to keep it from being revealed. They were shooting and i was running when I woke up.

Yeppers, I think its time for a break.

Wupy

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Here's the main draw for me.. I work in the much-maligned mainstream media. Through my cyber travels I kept seeing ATS links on sites I would research. I avoided it like the plague, for a long, long time b/c I am not one to sit on the computer and talk to people rather than those who are in front of my face. HOWEVER... it bit me one day. I visited and read/followed certain members and then finally logged on myself. I've been posting ever since. The main thing I love about this place is that I can post TONS of information and analysis that I could NOT put out there in the media. There are plenty of things that are simply not discussed unless you're a brilliant op/ed writer. (And I do get them in when I can.) I just love the free-flow of information and ideas and the incredible diversity of our membership. It reminds me of the fax revolution in the old Soviet Union. Fu** the mainstream media, man, we got this.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I chose ATS over Dinner today

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Let's see, "Why is the ATS so Addictive???

Because we can beat one another up,,,,

without flaming?

The Mod see to that!

And when it comes right down to it,,,,We're all on this planet together.

We are working together to figure out solutions and that's what makes us Great!

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Very...um...illustrated.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vinci

Do not let your dedication be your undoing.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
I'm even starting to have dreams of conspiricies. I'm serious. Last night I dreamed I was at a radio station and the president, vice president and all his cabinet were there. People came in with guns and started shooting and killed all of them. Luckily i was able to make it ut a window and head over to this chicks house, Who i didn't know, and while there I saw the president giving a speech on television. I knew instantly that the entire executive branch had been replaced with lookalikes by the people who had killed the real president. Thats when they came for me. They knew I knew the truth and they were going to kill me to keep it from being revealed. They were shooting and i was running when I woke up.

Wow.

That would make a pretty good movie.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Wow.

That would make a pretty good movie.

ATS! We are going to take over the world....

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

ATS! We are going to take over the world....

We should patent the movie and then pretend that we've started filming, then some rich director will come buy the script off us. Dun dun.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

We should patent the movie and then pretend that we've started filming, then some rich director will come buy the script off us. Dun dun.

Write me a script. The EastCoast Syndicate will bankroll it.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Do not let your dedication be your undoing.

You should of video taped me this past week or so. I came back from graduation, changed, got on the computer, went to bed at 6 am, woke up around 1, ate, read ATS/played a bit of DoD/read ats/guitar, went to bed at 6 am, woke up at 1 ....

I haven't showered in a week >_< I'll go take a shower now.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Now that is dedication...

[edit on 6/15/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
After The Game

I shower once a week whether I need it or not.

Of course, I'm not addicted to ATS, I'm just here to help you guys out.

I can quit anytime. No sweat. Don't ask me to because I don't need to prove anything.

Oh yes, I've got it all under control.

Excuse me. I need to go spam the Council forum some more...

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

Excuse me. I need to go spam the Council forum some more...

The Council.. I knew there was something I was supposed to be doing!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join