It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is ATS So Addictive?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Must......Post........On..........ATS...........

*Wakes up in the morning and wonders who MemoryShock is.......*

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

You too?!

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Hmm, I'm not a doctor but I think what happens here is that you're suffering from, er....MEMORYSHOCK.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

What Grady's actually saying (in english) is we're being MIND CONTROLLED!!!!!!!

BF Skinner refused to address the matter of mind. His was only concerned with what is observable: behavior. However it is framed, control is the operative word.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I wonder how many people have lost their better halves to an obsession with ATS?
I mean,

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Hmm, I'm not a doctor but I think what happens here is that you're suffering from, er....MEMORYSHOCK.

*rubs sore spot on head*

*eyes glazed at sharp, german command*

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I wonder how many people have lost their better halves to an obsession with ATS?
I mean,

*Raises hand*

Seriously though, when I tell people about ATS they laugh at me. But when I actually show it to them they're blown away. Thats when I convert them to the dark... err um.... ATS side.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
But when I actually show it to them they're blown away. Thats when I convert them to the dark... err um.... ATS side.

"Cyberdude, I am your father".

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Seriously though, when I tell people about ATS they laugh at me. But when I actually show it to them they're blown away. Thats when I convert them to the dark... err um.... ATS side.

That, of course, is a factor that must be recognized. ATS is the most user-friendly bulletin board (if that's the appropriate term) that I have ever seen, although mostly what I hear from others is how complex and confusing it is.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I mean,

*Raises hand*

Sorry to hear that. But hey - you still have us!

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I like that I can come to ATS and get multiple opinions and viewpoints on an issue. Its not as biased as radio or t.v. news sources. Even though there are people out there that spray more opinion than fact, there are those that help keep most discussions on track. Seems like news gets here fast.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Yes, yes well at least I still have ATS.

*breaks computer*

No, no thats just not fair.

*weeps profusely*

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
An ATS For The Rest Of Us

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
ATS is the most user-friendly bulletin board (if that's the appropriate term) that I have ever seen, although mostly what I hear from others is how complex and confusing it is.

This is an interesting point.

I must confess that I found ATS rather overwhelming when I first came here.

There was a step in the learning curve, but once I got over it, well, the rest is sordid history.

One of the more important roles for the Council is helping new members get adjusted to ATS life, as well as helping more experienced members resolve problems.

I have some ideas on this, and I know our L Councilor, theRiverGoddess, is absolutely passionate about this issue.

Hopefully we will be able to make things easier for everyone through a combination of easier-to-access information and perhaps some recommended interface changes.

Of course, we need to be careful not to fix what ain't broken, so it will take some time.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I've mentioned ATS in passing to some people, most aren't the type. I've mentioned it in depth to my girlfriend, and she reads a bit every now and then.

The reason I like ATS is summed up by her thoughts on the matter. "I'm scared. I'm not smart enough to post there, they'd eat me alive."

Now, besides being wrong, annoying, etc., it's the reason I love ATS. I'm a big internet guy, and I've been around the block a few times. I must say, ATS is the best place around for all sorts of things. Ranks high for community value, very high for features, but it ranks number one for content. We cover every spectrum of topic, from Republicans to Aliens to My Dead Cat. We have members that care, members who want to learn and who want to teach. I expect to come to ATS to teach someone something and to learn something from someone. Nowhere else do I consider that an everyday thing.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It is the MSG. It makes your brain think the posts are more flavorful than they really are.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
I must say, ATS is the best place around for all sorts of things. Ranks high for community value, very high for features, but it ranks number one for content. We cover every spectrum of topic, from Republicans to Aliens to My Dead Cat. We have members that care, members who want to learn and who want to teach. I expect to come to ATS to teach someone something and to learn something from someone. Nowhere else do I consider that an everyday thing.

Nah......it's the points......

[edit on 13-6-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
I must say, ATS is the best place around for all sorts of things. Ranks high for community value, very high for features, but it ranks number one for content.

Nah......it's the points......

I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the cool avatars.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Don't worry, nothing to hide here. We all know eachother as wielders of the dark side.

Either that or I've been playing too much Star Wars Galaxies. I realised that I've spent over $300 on that game.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Actually i would be interested in knowing what the fall off rate is. With the execption of the staff, I believe there are very few members that have been around for two years. Of course, ATS isn't all that old, and as the years go on this trend may change.

It seems that ATS is highly (highly) addictive for roughly 3 months and then the glitter sparkles off. Of course, you're still around because its a great place. Then, from there, ATS becomes less and less amazing. I suspect the bail out point is a year or a year and half. Even that, ATS memberships is amazingly long lived and fertile.

[edit on 14-6-2005 by ktprktpr]

[edit on 14-6-2005 by ktprktpr]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr

It seems that ATS is highly (highly) addictive for roughly 3 months and then the glitter sparkles off. Of course, you're still around because its a great place. Then, from there, ATS becomes less and less amazing. I suspect the bail out point is a year or a year and half. Even that, ATS memberships is amazingly long lived and fertile.

I agree . . .The first 2-3 months I was overwhelmed with ATS. Then as the time passed, I got bored and mi regular visits were reduced to a minimum of 1 every week, in contrast with the daily visits during the 2-3 month period.
Now, this is mi first visit and post in more then 3 months

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join