It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is ATS So Addictive?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Well, i am actually addicted to ATS because of Ycon,TRG,Asala, several others. I just get up in the morning and need that ATS fix.
. like folgers in my cup! I need ATS to brighten things up!

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Im here for the free beer

There's free beer?!?!??!?!

Dammit!

I'm over 21...I want free beer!

But yes - it's probably the most informative, inciteful and at the same time entertaining forum I've been to in years.

If not "forever".

And we can't dispute the power of conspiracy theories. I think there's that little part in each of us that secretly (or not so secretly) wants to hear about things not really being as they seem.

Or do we?

Edit: I meant "insightful". But dang...it looks much funnier as "inciteful"......

[edit on 12-6-2005 by Tinkleflower]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Two words,

Mind Control

(JOKE)

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
aaah yes, it's the mindcontrol!

The government is secretly beaming control rays at us through the cathod ray tube sitting before you. You ARE being CONTROLLED ATS!

They have us all.. right.. HERE.

Oh well.. I can diggit.

I concur with what pretty much everyone else has said. I truly enjoy communicating with such a diverse collection of thinking people on so many different issues. Before I came to ATS I honestly had never posted on any other site. Talking to people out in cyber space? Why do that when I know so many people out here in the real world?

The strangest thing is that I have struck up friendships with people that are every bit as real as those right here in front of me. It's cool. I have struck up friendships with people from all over this great big world. And I get their views, which is invaluable (being in politix and media out here). I truly value those friendships and connections. Something even more cool than that, though, is when you can become friends with someone whom you have totally butted heads with. That means a helluva lot to me.

Thanx to everyone here for making ATS such a cool place to hang out.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
aaah yes, it's the mindcontrol!

Yep, it's mind control.
As I brought up in the missing pics thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Honestly, I can not figure it out. Sometimes I get SO BLOODY PISSED about actions at this place that I leave ............ and then come back. Hell from less than a month ago back, I was gone for almost several months!
And then that weirdo kidfinger dude gives me crap about it.

Maybe I should find a group like AA for help ....... oh, wait, that's right, AA is a secret cult (ugh, heh).

Misfit

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

And then that weirdo kidfinger dude gives me crap about it.

WHo you callin wierdo Willis?

Im still waiting for the free beer you promised me!

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Free beer for ALL at PTS every Friday! Hooray beer!

Think that'll draw 'em in?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I think it is because it gives everyone a chance to put his/her two cents in. And the wealth of information here on ATS. I am addicted, and my girlfriend is planning to "take out" ATS to "save me" so watch out!

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
You can learn on ATS, and its fun to learn........BECAUSE KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
I think it is because it gives everyone a chance to put his/her two cents in. And the wealth of information here on ATS. I am addicted, and my girlfriend is planning to "take out" ATS to "save me" so watch out!

You better get a grip, man. she might just dump you!

Better give her equal time!

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
A website that is addiciting? Hmmm, will I guess about anything can be addicting but like with everying, moderation is the key. So far I find the site to be part informative, part interesting, and part just plain entertaining. Lets see which part blossoms the longer I stay on the site.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Only if we make it Duffs beer and throw in doughnuts too! DOH!

ECK, we need a Homer emot

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

Only if we make it Duffs beer and throw in doughnuts too! DOH!

ECK, we need a Homer emot

No shiZit! Hook us wit dat (working w/Lysergic maybe) and I will grant you all the Duffs beer and Donuts you can shove down your throat.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well, for me, it’s definitely the points system. The more I post, the more points I’m rewarded with. One question though, when is the catalog coming out so I can cash some of these bad boys in? I could definitely use a new set of steak knives or coasters, and if I work hard enough, a push scooter. Seriously though, it has to be the people that congregate here and the stories that we share. This type of information is always fun to talk about. I mean, who doesn’t like a good ghost story or conspiracy? Couple that, with the fact that ATS has to be one of the most active, and maintained, sites on the net and you have a winner.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I often wonder how many "significant" others are in this same boat with ATS members. I have learned to keep Yahoo's home page minimized and if I hear my wife coming I quickly pop it up. It keeps the eye rolling, and nerd comments to minimum. Plus, if you take her out early enough, you both win cause you can still be home in time for some quality chat.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by skychief

I often wonder how many "significant" others are in this same boat with ATS members. I have learned to keep Yahoo's home page minimized and if I hear my wife coming I quickly pop it up. It keeps the eye rolling, and nerd comments to minimum. Plus, if you take her out early enough, you both win cause you can still be home in time for some quality chat.

BINGO! Put yer ears on BOATPHONE!

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Skychief, I hope you don't mind, but I am going to quote you on my LISTEN UP PTS! thread b/c of your comments regarding the ATS point system. I would love it if you (and everyone else) would join that conversation. We are trying to figure out ways to improve PTS.

Come on over..

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Here we go again.. I logged on to check the progress of a council thread and now I've been here for HOURS!

Must.. turn.. OFF.. moniter! It's hell to get away from this site.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I could always chase you away ECK. You know, I can see you through your monitor..............big brother (or sister in my case) is always watching. Now go have some fun and turn off your computer already. Have a nice night.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memorialday1999
I could always chase you away ECK. You know, I can see you through your monitor..............big brother (or sister in my case) is always watching. Now go have some fun and turn off your computer already. Have a nice night.

Oh I'm not gone yet..

btw, I AM big brother..... muahaaahaaahaa!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join