It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Port Arthur Massacre and Martin Bryant

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I just went a few weeks ago to see about getting a .22 or a 12 gauge shottie.
The selection in the gun shop was very limited.

I asked about permits and what not, the owner replied it takes about 3 months to get the permit and then another month after you get the permit you can get a gun.

Only bolt action or lever action .22s
Side by side or Under and over shotties, no 5 shoot semi autos like i use to shoot with my gramps, lame.
You can get a semi auto permit if you are a primary producer.

In short i think it was a test case for the USA and their gun control laws.

There is no way this nutjob hit all those targets with headshots, the police distraction (the herion). And the coroner's van they purchased just before the massacre is fair suss too.

I havnt been hunting since 1996. # this government bs

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Hi Kings. I use to go hunting with my uncle with a scoped .22 when I was younger. I'm 18 now and he no longer shoots and has since got rid of his rifles.

I was wondering if it's now possible for me to get my own gun license?
Do you have a website regarding weapon restrictions, etc?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MaskedAvatar

You are absolutely right. I have lived in Australia for 30+ years and like everyone believed Martin Bryant did it. I did however have a couple of unanswered questions that I now have answers for. On a recent visit to Port Arthur, my husband bought a book that showed an employee of the site who it said was still campaigning to find the real killer, firmly believing Bryant was innocent. II thought she was an idiot but googled conspiracy at Port Arthur and am now fully convinced that Bryant DID NOT commit the massacre. It is so glaringly obvious that he didn't. Now what can we all do about it??

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Its all a bit suss if your ask me.

I remember when watching the news they said their was another person helping.

And lets not turn this into a gun thread please..

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Spare a thought for Wendy Scurr, the Port Authur staff member and volunteer ambulance officer who came under fire when a bullet whizzed past her head. Still she was the first to telephone a reluctant police force, who only dispatched one unarmed officer with a pencil whose sole duty was to 'take names'. Wendy Scurr was the first to enter the Broad Arrow Cafe--a scene of intense carnage--to assess the dead and assist the wounded and dying. She performed triage and first aid and helped others to escape the carnage, all under fire whilst the gunman still stalked victims in an atmosphere in which she admits wetting her pants. She continued on for hours deprived of medical staff because they were scattered amongst the various crime scenes doing police work because the police didn't show up.
In fact armed police didn't arrive for over 6 hours. When they did arrive, they briefly interviewed her, but did not want to know anything about the homicides in the Broad Arrow Cafe. Since that day police and polititions have shunned Wendy Scurr who later came to the belief that Martin Bryant couldn't have solely carried out such a military precisioned operation, leaving no witnesses. Although Wendy Scurr is possibly the greatest heroine in Australian history, there are only a handful of Australians who have even heard of her, and she is shunned by mainstream media. See Wendy Scurr speak here:
Warning: Whilst Wendy Scurr's description is very graphic and disturbing there is a warmth in her delivery, which will endear you to her. It is also a very long delivery.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Fahrenheit451]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
What exactly is a "Beirut Triple"?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I think its a military term meaning shooting from the hip..

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Just stumbled upon this thread as I am going to bed, so just a passing comment b4 I check back in tomorrow.

Here is a link to a yearly event they used to hold at a place called Inverell, NSW, Australia at the local bowling club (I think it was the Bowling Club).

www.youtube.com...

It is basically a presentation put on by eye witnesses etc from the event.
There are many respected people who have raised unreconciable questions.

There are many things that do not add up regarding Port Arthur.

I actually tried to pull up some old bookmarks to web sites on Port Arthur the other day for a friend and they have all been removed.
Here are a couple..

www.vialls.com...

www.shootersnews.addr.com...

Joe Vialls is an investigator worth reading up on.

www.google.com.au...

See you all in the morning *yawn*

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Sorry,
I see the Inverell video link was posted a few messages above,

Still worth the watch though

Now I am really going to bed.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by afaik]

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
We are going to see a mass shooting in Tasmania...unless we get national gun control laws.”
-- Roland Brown, Chairman of the Coalition for Gun Control, uttered on "A Current Affair with Ray Martin", March 1996

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I believe the tasmanian govt purchased a 23 body hearse in the weeks leading up to port arthur and sold it shortly afterwoods,i will try and find the link

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
This is old news.

Martin Bryant, whatever his level of diminished responsibility, was guilty as charged.

That's a conspiracy in itself...

Bryant was judged as fit to stand trial, and his trial was scheduled to begin 7 November 1996. Bryant initially pleaded not guilty, but was persuaded by his court-appointed lawyer and the prosecution to plead guilty to all charges.
Two weeks later, Hobart Supreme Court Judge William Cox gave Bryant 35 life sentences for the murders plus 1035 years for other crimes, and ordered that he should remain in prison for the "rest of his life."

Martin Bryant - Wiki

Why would his defence lawyer persuade him to plead guilty, given the sentence he received? Was it reduced in any way?

He had nothing to lose whatsoever pleading not guilty. Any decent defence lawyer would have known this.
edit on 30/12/11 by NuclearPaul because: typo

ETA: His "court appointed" lawyer helped the prosecution avoid a trial, where evidence would be presented before the public.
edit on 30/12/11 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I certainly agree with your point. If someone took an immense amount of trust fund money away from me I would definitely be angry. Having said that though, I feel I have a pretty good understanding of the concept of money. Whereas someone who is defined as 'intellectually retarded' May not have the same understanding. Its clear that by the way he was reportedly spending his inheritance he had very little comprehension when it came to having the money. Would he also have the same lack of comprehension when it comes to having lost it?
Also when it comes to kids and their mouse clicker trigger fingers, this just seems so very far detached from the realities of actually holding and shooting a real weapon.
Ive read in reports that it is expected that in a mass shooting for every 1 person killed it is expected that there will be 6-7 injured. Whoever did this killed 35 so the projected wounded would be expected to be a minimum of 210, instead the number is a mere 23. This guy would have to be in the top 1% of shooters in the world. So why then when they finally surround Martin at seascape, where he then is reported to have fired 250 rounds, does he not hit a single officer? Going by his previous statistics you would have expected to see the biggest police massacre in history.
When I think of motive for this case I think of semi automatic gun reformand the dis arming of the Australian people which happened almost overnight. Then you cast your eye on the current situation in the U.S, things seems eerily similar. Australia was used as a testing ground.....once again.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Charlie Murphy

I have read a few articles on this subject concerning a conspiracy. Apparently Bryant was a left hander and could only shoot from his left shoulder and certainly not from the right hip. One of the victims at Port Arthur knew Martin Bryant and has stated that Bryant was not the gunman who shot him. The gunman stepped over him 3 times while he played dead so he got a close look. I remember just weeks before it happened 4 Israeli intelligence agents including a woman were caught at an airport and sent back home according to the newspapers. I would bet that were sent to Australia to intercept the killer but we fools stopped them. Or were they part of it? I know a few ex cops who say something isn't right and something weird was going on with our intelligence services at the time. There was definitely others involved other than Martin Bryant. Is it true that some of those shot were members of our intelligence agencies? Does someone know?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

NuclearPaul
Why would his defence lawyer persuade him to plead guilty, given the sentence he received? Was it reduced in any way?
He had nothing to lose whatsoever pleading not guilty. Any decent defence lawyer would have known this.

The covert operators always make sure the 'defense' lawyer is a ringer for the prosecution. Kip Kinkel of the Springfield, 0R shooting, Amy Bishop of the UofA/Huntsville shooting, and Jared Loughner of the Tucson/Giffords shooting also suddenly pleaded guilty at the behest of their lawyers just before their trials were to begin, after initially pleading innocent and waiting years to go to trial. In the depths of the prison-industrial complex, no one can hear you scream.

Also note that these prisoners are held incommunicado to this very day. No one is allowed to interview them to get their side of the story.

If you want to understand the tree, you must also study the forest in which it dwells. A careful survey of these mass-shootings has uncovered am easily recognized profile for these events:

signofthetimes.yuku.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join