It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new game: Act Of War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
"A frightening view of tomorrow's war"

official site

this is about as real as it gets. You control a counterterrorism force in the domestic United States, where an army of terrorists has infiltrated and launched attacks against the US.

I am not quite sure what to think about this, one thing that is interesting about all this is that they are only releasing it on the PC platform, which immediately cuts its exposure down to almost nil. But that may just be a coincidental benefit, since some of those video segments are things that wouldn't work on the mass produces consoles.

Anyone have any idea about this? I've heard of military funding video games and other media in the past, but I couldn't find too much info on this one.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Actually this came out a few months ago. Nice graphics, but crap gameplay and really cheesy live action cutscenes and voicework. A subpar RTS trying to cash in on peoples current interest in terrorism and Clancy stlye espionage. The only thing "frightening" about this game was the realization you wasted $30-40 on it. I saw a used copy at EB for $10.

Oh and it's not on the consoles because real time strategies don't work well with a control pad. There have been very few RTS titles made for consoles.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Bought it, its good but a little "out there".

Completed it in a few hours too.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a few hours? you should be promoted from nerdling to geek imho..

yeah its a little bit out there, and some of the segments are silly...I was just interested because these types of ideas that float around here all day made it to a major video game release..didn't really expect that.

new topics

join