It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum computers - a disaster waiting to happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I was reading this really cool article on quantum computing:

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

That started me thinking. One of the unsolved mysteries of the quantum world is the behavior of entangled particles - what Einstein called 'spooky behavior at a distance.' Here's a good explanation of Entanglement:

www.joot.com...

I've been wondering if large scale quantum computing might actually have some unintended consequences because of the entanglement of particles. Do we know how manipulation of quantum scale matter might affect totally unrelated but entangled matter? And could entanglement itself prevent quantum computing since it would make sense that a certain amount of data would be faulty due to external interference in quantum states? Do we have any idea how much 'spooky behavior' might increase from our interference at the quantum level, and what effects we might actually see on a day to day basis?

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
One good rule of thumb I now follow is that if a particular technology or discovery is made public, than the Powers-to-be already have a working version of it or them...probably in a more advanced form or mode already...

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It wouldn't predict the effects it would have if produced on a large scale, though. For example, one coal burning fire doesn't have the effect on air quality that millions of them do.

For example, one thing I wondered is whether or not quantum manipulation might have some effect on consciousness, since both seem to share that 'otherworldly' interaction.

new topics

join