It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phantom Hitch-hikers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Has any-one here witnessed them. I have. I was on my my home to Belfast after a trip to Dublin. It was a stormy night. We picked up a hitch-hiker and he said nothing. A few miles down the road it got ice cold inside the car and this is with the conditioner at full heat. My dad said to him"do you need a blanket" and then it regained normal temperature and he was gone. He was out of the car.
Give your own stories about them here.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Can you give more detail??? What did the person look like? Did you or your dad touch him? I heard that there are many stories on resurection Mary. Ever hear of it? There was a women (named Mary that died from a cause that I forgot) that likes to hitch-hike and disapeaers while she is in someones car. I don't know all the details but all I know is that many people have similar storys. I think that it usualy happens on stormy nights. Well I hope you learned your lesson! NEVER PICK UP HITCH-HIKERS!!!

[edit on 707/15/0505 by Acekwak]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I've never seen one, but you might want to check this link out: www.snopes.com... It has a story similar to yours. What did the one you picked up look like?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by speight89
Has any-one here witnessed them. I have. I was on my my home to Belfast after a trip to Dublin. It was a stormy night. We picked up a hitch-hiker and he said nothing. A few miles down the road it got ice cold inside the car and this is with the conditioner at full heat. My dad said to him"do you need a blanket" and then it regained normal temperature and he was gone. He was out of the car.
Give your own stories about them here.

i thought fiction wasn't allowed on these boards

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Can you prove he isn't being truthful?

While the phantom hitchhiker stories are usually relegated to myth...we have no way of confirming falsehood here....at least with what was stated so far....

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
it was a dark and stormy night...followed by an urban myth....

www.snopes.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Very famous one here in the Chicago Area:

Resurrection Mary

More common were the claims of motorists who would see the girl walking along the road. They would offer her a ride and then witness her vanishing from their car. These drivers could describe the girl in detail and nearly every single description precisely matched the previous accounts. The girl was said to have light blond hair, blue eyes and was wearing a white party dress. Some more attentive drivers would sometimes add that she wore a thin shawl, or dancing shoes, and that she had a small clutch purse

I drive Archer Avenue everyday, and have yet to see her.............

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Yes! that's it! That's what I meant by the whole "resurection Mary" thing.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I was reading this newspaper article going around Samoa a couple of years back..Taxi drivers were reluctant to pick up any passengers.
Apparently alot of Taxi drivers go to pick up this 'female' passenger and go to drive her somewhere...she doesnt say anything but they say she disappears after a while..The following day they suffer temporary loss of sight.
Might be hysteria..who knows

top topics

join