It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel launches raid against Lebanon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Israel has launched a raid in Southern Lebanon on a position near the Lebnaese village of Tayr Harfa. Any casualties are as yet unknown. Tensions have risen after a series of events over the disputed border.

Earlier, 1 Israeli was killed as the Israeli town of Shlomi was hit by shells claiming to be fired by Lebanese Hezbollah, but they maintain they were targeting Israeli jets that had violated Lebanese airspace.

Hezbollah routinley fires on Israeli jets flying over Lebanon, and sometimes shrapnel can land in Israel (according to a BBC reporter). The escalation of violence started when a Hezbollah fighter was killed in a car bomb that was blamed on Israel.

BBC

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It is really too bad that people keep killing one another,it is also too bad that people think it matters.
-it is all meaningless-

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It is to bad Isreal isn't left alone by the UN to do as they please. Why not? Let Isreal go, they wipe out the middle east, no more terrorist attacks.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
It is really too bad that people keep killing one another,it is also too bad that people think it matters.
-it is all meaningless-

finally one who knows!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
-it is all meaningless-

finally one who knows, glad to see ya

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
pleeztabeehere.The truth is really very simple.....

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Yep, more mindless fighting on both sides. I'm glad so far all posters in this thread have laid the blame on both sides like I do. Slanted opinions bashing only one and making the other out to be heroes bugs the hell out of me.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
It is to bad Isreal isn't left alone by the UN to do as they please. Why not? Let Isreal go, they wipe out the middle east, no more terrorist attacks.

Well, there is a good reason not to do that. We know well enough IDF commanders don't give a damn about the human rights of populations they occupy, see for example the palestinians, now even targetted by Israeli racial purity laws after being bulldozed. BTW, Israel cannot occupy even one adjacent nation, they lack the manpower to do that .. that's where the US part comes in in your brilliant plan ?

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 07:29 PM
link   
James, thats exactly what the US is doing. israel cant do it without our help. Israel is the only country in the world I can honestly say should be groveling at our feet and kissing our asses, because if it werent for us, they would have been eaten alive by thier neighbors. Yet, what is our thanks? The USS liberty. White slave rings. 9/11. Exstacy drug rings.

Good for Lebanon, shoot those stupid jets. What the hell is Israel doing flying in thier airspace anyway?

They are provoking the Lebenese to attack them trying to stir up more trouble to justify even more brutality against the Arabs.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Uh, Isreal defended itself successfully several times, by itself. It won land each time it was attacked.

Second, there is no such thing as a Palestinian. There never was a Palestine, and they never existed until Isreal was re-made.

Third, it isn't a racial law, it is a keeping civillians alive law.

Fourth, Isreal doesn't owe us a d@mn thing. We keep screwing with them. They get attacked, lose civillians, no problem. They shoot a missle killing a terrorist leader and some of his goons and Isreal is yelled at and has sanctions threatend against it.

Fifth, how can so many people support terrorists? Now I would understand if the minority of the middle east were terrorists, but when was the last time any protests in the middle east happened that supported Isreal? No, they all death to the jews and push them into the sea.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
you know I understand that really there is no right side in this conflict all are as guilty as the next. But why is it that the U.S. always leaves Israel alone? It has to be for political reasons, I mean could you see America badmouthing Israel anytime soon? I could honestly care less if the terrorists kill each other, but I do care about the fact that they kill more civilians than they do their enemies.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Mossad.......
Think big.....
I have always heard that many things never happen without a reason....

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Thats like in any war man, the people always get hit, its always been like that and will continue to be like that.
I wish i had the power to get every world leader in a huge ring and let them fight it out and then tell them, the last man standing can have controll of the world and then when one wins you get a gun a shoot his legs off
*Then i wake up*

Guerilla

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 09:08 AM
link   
your plan for world leaders is good,but the end won't work,the one left standing should get hung.

top topics

join