It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F/A-22 Raptor crash analysis : flight control system malfunction

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

I know these people. one of them is me.

EDITED TO ADD:

Yes, I'm the one in the tin foil body suit.

[edit on 08/12/71 by Esoteric Teacher]

Do you fly the Raptor...? Damn...
Id I come and visite you, can you then let me fly it...

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN

I know these people. one of them is me.

EDITED TO ADD:

Yes, I'm the one in the tin foil body suit.

[edit on 08/12/71 by Esoteric Teacher]

Do you fly the Raptor...? Damn...
Id I come and visite you, can you then let me fly it...

Sorry, not a pilot. I was one of the firefighters to the right of the big yellow truck on the left. We call it "Crash 7". It's a P-23, an ARFF apparautus. Holds 3,300 gallons of water. 500 gallons of AFFF (foam agent).

Besides, it would be irresponsible of me to tell what I know about the aircraft, which isn't much to begin with. I know what's released, what armaments it carries, and the emergency egress and shut-down proceedures. That's about all. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Besides, it would be irresponsible of me to tell what I know about the aircraft, which isn't much to begin with. I know what's released, what armaments it carries, and the emergency egress and shut-down proceedures. That's about all. Sorry.

I'd like to ask a question, I understand if this would violate security and you can't answer it. Was this fire more difficult to put out because of the modern materials used in the Raptor's construction? I noticed that there wasn't too much left in the picture.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

I'd like to ask a question, I understand if this would violate security and you can't answer it. Was this fire more difficult to put out because of the modern materials used in the Raptor's construction? I noticed that there wasn't too much left in the picture.

I don't believe this information will violate any security issues.

It is true there are different protocols for dealing with fires involving the carbon composites they use to construct certain stealth aircraft.

Some of the things we did different was:

1) Left the hose we used to fight the fire on scene, and then re-serviced the apparatusses with hose from storage at the main fire station. We left the hose we used on the aircraft there on scene, until it was washed down/deconned.

2) We (the firefighters), and our vehicles went through decon before leaving the scene.

3) Had a debrief that mostly consisted of health related issues and possible side effects of exposure.

4) Water could not be applied to magnesium components.

5) We tried to disturb the scene as little as possible due to investigation efforts.

Those are most of the differences.

I would add that there were 3 large sections of the aircraft left, and many spot fires, and further south on the runway (off to the side of it) was where the pilot landed.

Although I helped create the map of the fire departments interpritation of the crash scene, I have only a vague recollection of where exactly everything was.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Thanks, for answering my questions.

I've worked with carbon based composite panels before and knew the procedures that we had to use for dealing with the dust created by our machining them. At the time we were instructed that in the event of fire, we were not to try to extingush it, but just to leave the area immediatly. I found this king of odd since most of us were ex-military and had had extensive fire fighting training in the past. From what I understood the resin that bonds the panels together gives off toxic vapors when it is burning.

[edit on 22-8-2005 by JIMC5499]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Very true, you don't want to breath this stuff in, as it could be lethal. Also, you don't want to get the particles on your skin, or especially in your eyes. I don't think they have a visine for that.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Not really paid much attention to this 'downed' Raptor but after looking at the RSOE EDIS site I wondering if there is a link between this highly sofisticated aircraft crashing and the 'burble' of lots of little earthquakes in and around that area ????

Maybe nothing but then might be something ?? I mean this is a conspiracy website isn't it ??

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join