It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GPS guided dropping of supplies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The dilemma for airdropping supplies has always been a stark one: high-altitude airdrops often go badly astray, while low-level paradrops create significant dangers from enemy fire and reduce range.

A new advanced concept technology demonstration pursued by U.S. Joint Forces Command (USJFCOM), the U.S. Army Soldier Systems Center at Natick, the U.S. Air Force Air Mobility Command (USAF AMC), the U.S. Army Project Manager Force Sustainment and Support, and industry shows promise, and has been combat-tested successfully in Iraq.

The Joint Precision Airdrop System (JPADS) uses an airborne guidance unit (AGU) integrating global positioning satellite (GPS) technology to guide airdropped cargo platforms to their designated target. This enables accurate high-altitude airdrops within an accuracy of 50 to 100 meters, and also allows airdrops to multiple locations at one time. JPADS is expected to be especially helpful to Special Forces, but also has wider military applicability.

Several U.S. allies have expressed interest in the system, while others are developing comparable systems of their own.

Read this for more info...

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
GPS guided Parawing

I think this is the coolest.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I just want to add I live just a few miles from that place in Natick

Okies, back to relavent replies...

new topics

join