It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listen Up PTS!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Forgot increasing the amount of points a post is worth on PTS it is a minor issue with very little importance. It is most important that PTS moves away from the liberal vs consertive mindset and move towards what would be consired as non partison debate.
Dont get side tracked by minor issues that have little or no affect on the quality of PTS

We must see an end to repeat topics for example there a to many abortion threads members should be encourged to post simila topics in one thread. Sometimes less is more.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
There has been discussion of PTS NOT being visible enuff. I just posted on PTS ans switched over to the NEW POSTS board on the mains site. New posts in PTS do not register there, and I suppose vice versa. It would greatly improve PTS visibility and participation if (somehow) PTS posts could appear on the NEW POSTS board at ATS. Just a thought. What do you ALL think?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Clean-up of existing threads, the Mods moving them into the right sections once the sections are up. War on Terror being moved to the Politics section so that it A) brings more members ehre and B) I think it has more to do with this part of the board.

You know, I have to agree. I have never understood why this separation of WOT and politix. WOT is NOT conspiracy-related. It is far more closely knitted to politix. Hell, it IS politix - in a different form, is it not? If there was any way to combine the two, I think that would be a major improvement. Thanks for the input (all your ideas), Odium. You've contributed greatly so far.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I just posted on PTS ans switched over to the NEW POSTS board on the mains site. New posts in PTS do not register there, and I suppose vice versa.

I'm not sure what you mean completely, but the P@ATS ''New Posts'' can easily be accessed from ATS by simply clicking on the P@ATS button in ''New Posts''.

or have I misunderstood?

[edit on 12-6-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
or have I misunderstood?

There are two boards. Both NEW POSTS. Different boards altogether. When you post something at PTS it doesn't register on the ATS board, so no one there sees it. I"m sure its vice versa. How bout we combined the top posts (on one main board) from both PTS & ATS. That way PTS would be much more visible. People who spend all their time at ATS would at least SEE what was going on at PTS.

If I'm not making sense, just shoot me.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well hopefully I'll see my ideas become flesh, if they do then I will begin to place articles in the Africa and Middle East section of the site so that people have access to things to discuss there as a starting point. I have the next what 10weeks off, with only work to do so I'll be on ATS for a few hours a day and able to attempt to get teh discussion towards the right area. Just would be good to see sections for Africa, Asia, Middle East, etc.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

There are two boards. Both NEW POSTS. Different boards altogether. When you post something at PTS it doesn't register on the ATS board, so no one there sees it. I"m sure its vice versa. How bout we combined the top posts (on one main board) from both PTS & ATS. That way PTS would be much more visible. People who spend all their time at ATS would at least SEE what was going on at PTS.

If I'm not making sense, just shoot me.

I understand now, I'm going to have to disagree though, I think ATS and P@ATS should be kept apart, they have two different purposes and combining them even on a small scale will lead to arguements.

Basically the whole purpose of your idea is to advertise what goes on in P@ATS, which I think is really needed, I'd like to see some method of ''getting the word out'' about what P@ATS is all about and getting more posters and opinions.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Basically the whole purpose of your idea is to advertise what goes on in P@ATS, which I think is really needed, I'd like to see some method of ''getting the word out'' about what P@ATS is all about and getting more posters and opinions.

That's why I said get a section for Asia, the Middle East, Africa, etc, to get those members of ATS interested in this section of the forum. I find it rather "rude" to only have sections fro Europe, America and the U.K. for the Politics discussion and one for the rest of the world.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Hopefully these discussions will be the beginning of changes that will improve the entire site and increase membership all the way around. Thanks for being involved.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
To increase the use of PTS, perhaps the council could suggest "priority items" for enforcement by mods. For example the comittee could suggest to the mods "This month we want to put a high emphasis on moving arm-chair general threads to Military & Security in PTS" or "When the election rolls around we want to put a really high emphasis on reading and applauding where appropriate in PTS". This way we get concerted efforts which really steer the community and hopefully take hold after the enforcement campaign ends.

I also really like the personal point transfer idea. That could be a great way for non-mod community leaders to encourage up and coming contributors. I have to disagree with xpert about points being a peripheral issue because they have such a tremendous power to steer the activity of newer members, and if the participation is there, the veteran members will see PTS as more worthwhile as well.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I really think if the War on Terrorism was moved to PTS it would begin to get more people involved. There is about 2500topics in the whole of the PTS section and over 8000 in the War on Terror part itself and most of the WoT if not all are to do with Politics and nothing more or less.

The rest should go in the correct section of ATS such as Political Conspiracies, etc.

Edit:
Energy & Science Issues
Review policies related to oil production, nuclear energy, space exploration, and others.

That's part of PTS so why is Peak Oil a part of ATS? Should Peak Oil not be a part of that section of PTS?

[edit on 12-6-2005 by Odium]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Dangit Vagabond! Now I have to come up with a good idea to counter yours so the left side is represented as well
J/K.

Those were some great ideas there. Also, I think you make a good point about the point system being integral for new members. For most of the new members who move on to be full contributors to ATS, it really isnt untill they have made enough points and blown a few, to realize they are pretty useless. Its nice to be able to hold more U2U's and all, but after a while, you customize everything you want and you just stop spending them. You start to realize that people are here because they like talking about things. Of course, I am reffering to those of use who have been here for a while. Im coming up on a year soon, but other members have been here since the beginning, still post quite frequently and usually have something to add to the conversation. So you might say that it is through the point system that most members evolve and grow into full contributing members.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
ATS is the main site hence moving high impact forums away from it would damage it. That's probably why some things are in P@ATS and others are not.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
ATS is the main site hence moving high impact forums away from it would damage it. That's probably why some things are in P@ATS and others are not.

But the War on Terror is politics and by not having it in the Politics Section it is damaging that area.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
I also really like the personal point transfer idea. That could be a great way for non-mod community leaders to encourage up and coming contributors. I have to disagree with xpert about points being a peripheral issue because they have such a tremendous power to steer the activity of newer members, and if the participation is there, the veteran members will see PTS as more worthwhile as well.

This is something I really hope will be considered. I truly believe this sort of innovation would give new members more incentive to participate. And I agree, its a great way for us to encourage their growth here.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Ya know VAgabond & Kid, we're almost gonna havta make ODIUM an asst. to the asst.
He's really puttin out some good ideas.

If I cannot bequeath my hardwon points to younger members, than dammit! Lemme buy a hat, tshirt and coffee mug with 'em!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I was just reading comments on my thread WHY IS ATS SO ADDICTIVE. I found these comments by SKYCHIEF. They relate to our points discussion:

Well, for me, it’s definitely the points system. The more I post, the more points I’m rewarded with. One question though, when is the catalog coming out so I can cash some of these bad boys in? I could definitely use a new set of steak knives or coasters, and if I work hard enough, a push scooter. Seriously though, it has to be the people that congregate here and the stories that we share. This type of information is always fun to talk about. I mean, who doesn’t like a good ghost story or conspiracy? Couple that, with the fact that ATS has to be one of the most active, and maintained, sites on the net and you have a winner.

Interesting...

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The True Nature Of Politics

But the War on Terror is politics and by not having it in the Politics Section it is damaging that area.

Bingo.

There is an unfortunate attitude -- which I once shared -- that politics is not a “legitimate” issue for ATSers to discuss.

In truth, anything involving more than one person is politics.

Much of what we call “conspiracies” are entirely political in nature, and all politics are rife with them.

To think Politics and Political Conspiracies can be arbitrarily distinguished is fallacious.

The truth is that they are inseparable.

The ATS Political Forums should include Political Conspiracies and all political subjects, such as the War on Terrorism.

Unless, of course, we wish to attempt to maintain the fictitious distinction between them -- and in doing so falsely imply that any form of politics on this planet isn't laced with conspiracies.

The question of whether a given political topic is “legitimate politics” or a “political conspiracy” is one which I think should be left up to each member to decide, not an “editorial” choice on the part of moderators.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
The True Nature Of Politics

Bingo.

There is an unfortunate attitude -- which I once shared -- that politics is not a “legitimate” issue for ATSers to discuss.

In truth, anything involving more than one person is politics.

Much of what we call “conspiracies” are entirely political in nature, and all politics are rife with them.

To think Politics and Political Conspiracies can be arbitrarily distinguished is fallacious.

The truth is that they are inseparable.

The ATS Political Forums should include Political Conspiracies and all political subjects, such as the War on Terrorism.

Unless, of course, we wish to attempt to maintain the fictitious distinction between them -- and in doing so falsely imply that any form of politics on this planet isn't laced with conspiracies.

The question of whether a given political topic is “legitimate politics” or a “political conspiracy” is one which I think should be left up to each member to decide, not an “editorial” choice on the part of moderators.

I strongly concur.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Ya know VAgabond & Kid, we're almost gonna havta make ODIUM an asst. to the asst.
He's really puttin out some good ideas.

That sounds like me in-between those two; that's the sort of sausage fest' I try not to get invited too.
j/k

It's nice of you to say though, I guess I have some what of an advantage though as I have worked for the National Union of Teachers and Students Union before and it is one hell of a task attempting to get 16 year olds motivated and interested into Politics.

If I cannot bequeath my hardwon points to younger members, than dammit! Lemme buy a hat, tshirt and coffee mug with 'em!!!

I like the idea of being able to get ATS t-shirts, I would. Also we have some amazing artists on the site who I am sure would not mind doing the designs for free. The profits from said T-shirts could then go on ATS being advertised on the 'net and inturn gain us more members.

Majic, well said. I agree with you and it is why I keep mentioning the issue. I think we should make a split between Politics and other including WoT, etc, being moved to PTS. I think it would be wise to move New World Order (forum) to PTS as well as I think that is an important section. Which would give a good split between the three areas; one for less serious discussion (BTS); one for everything involving Politics and one for all other Conspiracy's.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join