It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminati Roundabout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I live near one of the busiest roads in London, and half a mile down the dual carriage way you come to a roundabout.

Now it is important that i set the scene, just imagine your driving along this dual carriage way, you start to descend a steep hill, you can see the roundabout in the distance, with at least half a dozen cranes within eye shot aswell. In the middle of the round about there is a huge structure, an atom. I believe it is referred to as modern art. I am going off memory, but i would say it is about 70 ft high

It sits in the middle of one of the busiest roundabouts in the country, and has been adapted as an advertisment for GAP amongst other big name brands. It has electronic boards on each of the four sides visable to traffic. It looks very futuristic, but still very ugly to me.

There is also a McDonalds 50 ft away, a drive through 24 hour McDonalds, the amount of building work going on in that area is unreal, it is also situated close to the River Thames.

To me it symbolises the New World Order's control over life.

Subliminal messaging forcing people to accept McDonalds, advertising and capitalism as life.

Thoughts anyone?

[Edited on 10-8-2003 by Peace]

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 12:08 AM
link   
McDonalds is a real estate company masquerading as a burger chain. Their corporate philosophy is to own the most expensive commercially leasable (using measures of traffic and foot count) ground floor space in every city where the corporation is allowed to operate.

I personally see the presence of McDonalds, and highly visible billboard/neon signs nearby, as a pure reflection of capitalism. The 'atom' modern art piece is a very interesting adjunct... who owns it?

In contrast, not far from where I am right now, there is a plaque just off the footpath next to a picturesque park, which reads

"In 1872, on this site, nothing happened".

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I beleive the GREAT and SORELY missed Douglas Adams was once where you are now...

PEACE...
m...

join