It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Sonic Weapon For Crowd Control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
aolsvc.news.aol.com...

Seems that the Isaeli military tested a new sonic weapon on some "violent protestors"(how violent can they be if the picture in the link is of a little boy?). At any rate, the weapon targets the inner ear, where the body's mechanism for balance is, and induces a state of nausea and dizziness in the victim. The sonics are said to be unbearable for longer than a few minutes, though no long term tests have been made.......

Physical projectiles are a thing of the pass........waves are the wave of the future........

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Indeed, i commented in another thread a few moments ago about low freq waves being used in riots. Causing the rioters to lose control of their bowells. This particular one you're on about is new to me.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
^^^

That would be bad.... How can they stop riots by getting rioters to crap in the streets? That would only make the streets full of crap and worsen the situation...I would rather have a street full of rioters than crap...

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I think the hope is that they would take their crap home with them!!

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
These weapons have been tested by the US also. I wonder why they are not being in Iraq also?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Yeah, would make sense in Iraq. Its hard to distinguish a civillian from an insurgent, and shooting a 50 cal machine gun at everyone you think might be an insurgent would not be a good idea. They should really use some crowd control weapons in Iraq instead of military weapons.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Why is there two threads on the same topic, by the same member????

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

NEWS: Israel Tests New Sonic Weapon

A device called, "The Scream" was tested at a recent protest against Israel's West Bank separation barrier. The Scream works by emitting specific sound bursts that target the inner ear and induce nausea and dizziness in the subject. Isreal is deciding whether or not to employ this new device against Jewish settlers who won't cooperate at this summers Gaza Strip evacuation.

original news source:

aolsvc.news.aol.com
JERUSALEM (June 10) - Israel is considering using an unusual new weapon against Jewish settlers who resist this summer's Gaza Strip evacuation - a device that emits penetrating bursts of sound that leaves targets reeling with dizziness and nausea.

Security forces could employ the weapon to overcome resistance without resorting to force, their paramount aim. But experts warn that the effects of prolonged exposure are unknown.

The military offered few details on the device, but Pike said he assumed it worked on very low frequencies that set off resonance in the inner ear. He said he was unaware of potential damage besides possible hearing loss.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Acoustic weapons........the wave( ) of the future!!! A humane way of dealing with resisitance to government action, it has the looks of being more efficient than current strategies against violent protests and I wouldn't be surprised to see its eventual use over here in the U.S.

For any one who wonders about the technology, it is fascinating stuff who's origin was probably the result of our studies with dolphins......yup....dolphins!! The link below, if you start about a third of the way down, provides a detailed look at the sonic capabilities that dolphins have evolved and you'll also note that the benefits of sonic manipulation have medical applications as well as military.

www.planetpuna.com...

Edit to include the link....

[edit on 10-6-2005 by MemoryShock]

[edit on 12-6-2005 by anxietydisorder]

[edit on 12-6-2005 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
This type of device has been in production for years by a company called Information Unlimited. In fact, I remember getting my first printed catalog in the mail over ten years ago that included it. They call it a Phasor Pain Field Generator, and it is "Intended For Law Enforcement Personnel Or For Qualified Acoustical Research". They even have smaller versions for personal protection.

Ultrasonic Devices

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Let's try to keep this to one thread at a time for active discussions on the same type weaponry

Sound weapons (of the future)

Thread Closed

top topics

join