It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It took one day...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I have read a few posts on these forums that mention the fact that the member has been an avid reader for a very long time, and only recently joined because they felt the need to say something about the current subject. In my case, I stumbled on to this site, looking for something else. I started reading posts, and the next day I registered to be a member. Hopefully, by telling you a little about myself it will become clear why that was.

I believe I see a few common threads that are leading to the destruction of our race. The biggest is ignorance. Please don't confuse this with stupidity; ignorance is only the lack of knowledge. Places like ATS are important for that reason. The dissemination of information and knowledge to everyone is a precious commodity.

The next thread would be blind faith. I am not speaking religion in particular here. I am speaking of the ability to believe what you are told, simply because you are told that thing. People that possess this ability put us in danger of being swallowed by hidden agendas and counterproductive misinformation.

Lastly is the inability to progress. These forums should be a place of progress. By using our minds we can purpose new ideas and then substantiate them by facts. People with an inability to progress fall into one of two categories. Those that oppose new ideas in general, just because they don't share the opinion and people that forget about the substantiating with facts part of the above sentence.

I don't pretend to think I can change any of these things on my own. Hopefully, however, with my contributions to this site, I can do my part. That being said, I have really enjoyed the posts I have read thus far that further either my understanding or imagination. This truly is a wonderful place and a service to all of us that care where we have been and where we are going!

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Hello Cameo......glad you decided to join us!

The MORE people questioning our reality the better IMO.

If you need some help with anything, hey u2u me and I will see what I can do.

Enjoy, learn.... and share your knowledge!

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS Cameo!

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I think it took me about as long also. Welcome to the club.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Hi Cameo, glad you could make an appearance (my lame attempt at humor).

Welcome to ATS,ATSNN,BTS,P@ATS and Ignorance Denied. Enjoy

Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I used this sight as a reference source before the adds made me sign up as a member. It still took me a while to type anything in, but I found myself with opinions that just had to be expressed.

So welcome to the insanity, (or the only sane group on the planet)
This would be based on your point of view.

Cut loose, and show us what you've got.
I look forward to reading your opinion on the many topics available on this board.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Hi, Cameo, I look forward to your posts

Here
is a hand book of links that may help you answer some questions you have about stuff on ATS

If you have any questions feel free to u2u me, or any other staff member.

Also, for avatar info, here are kinglizard's avatar instructions and a reminder to all ATS members.

Also, here's a great link to help you organize your favorite forums. It will also keep threads you post in as favorites: www.abovetopsecret.com...
This link is also up at the top as myATS

And, don't forget to check out PTS and BTS. You can log in to these other two forums with your ATS login information.

Have a good time here

And,
Welcome to ATS

top topics

join