It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Studying it from a scientific viewpoint, instead of paranormal. Can we prove it once and for all?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Yea def, am tryin to stay neutral on my opinion on whether theyre real or not. Plus tryin to keep sane.......(not workin tho, probly y we're all here :lol

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The only sane people here are the ones who can use deductive logic in a coherent manner and thus solve problems. If you have some bias or some believe disturbing that train of thought, silence.

Odd

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Radieur--

I submit for your consideration the Coral Castle of Homestead, Florida. The Castle is a massive and complex open-air structure, constructed entirely from carven blocks of coral, some of them weighing as much as 35 tons. There are some amazingly delicate structures in the Castle, including doors that consist of massive slabs of coral arranged in such a manner that they can be opened or shut with the push of a finger.

Coral is very difficult to cut-- it can break diamond drill bits and saw blades-- but the structure is rife with intricate and detailed carvings, and each of the blocks that comprise the castle is carved with mathematical precision.

Now, the really interesting thing about Coral Castle is that the entire thing was constructed by one man. Edward Leedskalnin, who emigrated from Latvia in the early 20th century. He cut and assembled the 1100 tons of coral that make up the structure using nothing but hand-made tools. Ed had no job, no savings, and a fourth-grade education; his sole form of transportation was a bicycle with no tires. It took him twenty years, from 1920 to 1940, to complete the castle... but he did it by himself, and to date no structural engineer has been able to explain how. When questioned, Leedskalnin would attribute his feat to a particularly intimate understanding of the mathematics of nature, including principles he claims were used in the construction of the Egyptian pyramids.

Leedskalnin, who died in 1951, coordinated and executed a feat that cannot be explained, much less duplicated, by any knowledge currently possesed by physical scientists... by rights, the Castle ought to have required a massive budget and construction technology far beyond that which one poor immigrant with no known family could access. But there it is, just the same.

There are aspects of nature and physics that, while they can and do affect us, are currently beyond the scope of scientific understanding. There is no reason whatsoever to believe that mankind is at the zenith of his comprehension of reality; indeed, quite the opposite is true; we are just beginning to truly broach the enigma that is our universe. With many important discoveries in the field of physics over the course of the past hundred years have come very strange and very difficult questions, questions that we are probably decades or centuries away from answering.

Just because we have not yet managed to grasp the mechanisms at work behind 'paranormal' occurences does not mean that they do not occur. No rational scientist will refute the assertation that we do NOT know everything there is to know about our world, or about the laws and forces that shape it.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Now thats a story! Bravo.

I never claimed humans knew everything, and I know good and well we will Never know everything, but what really gets me are people who claim that they understand or harness things outside of the normal scope of human knowledge. The man in that story did nothing that I could not believe, since the evidence stands and cannot be refuted. Perhaps we do not know, but it exists.
Unlike some more fantastic stories.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
U no ive probly learnt more useful information, general knowledge etc from this site all together than i have from skool

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Thats mostly due to the facts that
#1 None of the high school idiots would do this with their spare time, luckily.
#2 You cant be a bling-chadded idiot and still get everything you say accepted.
#3 You cant be an idiot, period. You must support yourself in a much more rigoriously scholastic environment than any public school will ever be.

#3 is especially true with skeptics like me lurking about.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
O yea definately CAPITAL D! no way do you get asked to prove this, this, this and this, still not get believed, asked to back up your statements with graphs and charts and video footage etc etc. LOL at school your comforted and praised and say "better luck next time" and all that. Here flippin hek its an eat or be eaten environment. the stupid ones just get eaten!

But ok back to paranormal stuff

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
Here flippin hek its an eat or be eaten environment. the stupid ones just get eaten!

Unfortunately, the stupid ones dont go extinct! NOW THATS WHAT I CALL "EVOLUTION!"

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Speaking of which.... Let us disprove some paranormal baloney shall we?

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
ummmm......ermmmmm....ok! off the top of my head.

the following suck:

demons - made up by mental patients

Lizard man - guy who wanted to be famous

(Ghosts and spirits are still on middle ground)

Leprechauns - Those crazy irish!!!!

Angels - awwww would be kwel but um.....where are they???

Mooses - we may never know

Ayny others things that suck....just dont turn this into a rant

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Leprechauns - Those crazy irish!!!!

NO way! Leprechauns totally exist! There's one stalking me!

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Ok children, since you cant seem to stay on topic, I will simply claim everything having to do with ghosts, telekinesis, telepathy, EVP, etc, its all garbage and none of it has a shread of proof to back it, and furthermore the sheer idea goes against normal thinking.

Any objections?

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
No objections whatsoever.
However....

U no ive probly learnt more useful information, general knowledge etc from this site all together than i have from skool

Wow, you know, I just might believe this kid.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Cheers! (ps. i have an umpalumpa locked in a cage
)

Um......lets not TOTALLY dismiss them. Yea theres not enough proof to support them, but on the other hand, there is still evidence, even if it is rubbish, blurry or little to come by. so until we find a way to prove these things wrong then we cant.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Um......lets not TOTALLY dismiss them. Yea theres not enough proof to support them, but on the other hand, there is still evidence, even if it is rubbish, blurry or little to come by. so until we find a way to prove these things wrong then we cant.

I have said this before:
When making outrageous claims, the burden of proof lies with the person/people making the claims and not those who are to be affected by it. In other words, it's not our responsibility to prove them wrong; it is their responsibility to prove themselves correct.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by backtoreality
When making outrageous claims, the burden of proof lies with the person/people making the claims and not those who are to be affected by it. In other words, it's not our responsibility to prove them wrong; it is their responsibility to prove themselves correct.

Absolutely!

Time for Shadow88 to put the umpalumpa to work. SLAVE LABOR!!! THose buggers always scared the crap outa me!
By the way Shadow88, thanks a lot buddy..now the umpalumpa song is stuck in my head!

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
You know my friend said that umpalumpas are actually reptiles that live under the INDIAN OCEAN!!! They come out after 13 years and put on the umpalumpa costumes and then....reek HAVOC! They also have a weak point for McNuggets.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by backtoreality
You know my friend said that umpalumpas are actually reptiles that live under the INDIAN OCEAN!!! They come out after 13 years and put on the umpalumpa costumes and then....reek HAVOC! They also have a weak point for McNuggets.

OMYGOD Ronald mcdonald is a shapelifting reptile?!? All the while I thought it was a fake smile, little did I know he had evil intentions behind that grin. I hate those cursed chicken mcnuggets anyways.
I shall be cautious of every midget I see from now on. What if they change the national anthem to "dooopadeedoooo?"

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
HOLD THY TONGUE, LEST YE SPEAKEH MORE GARBAGE.

Seriously, Isle, Shadow, how old are we? 8?, 11? Shaddup make useful comments.

And I remain in my position that those stories get a certified OWALOS:
(Oh what a load of !@#$)

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU!!! LOL just kidding.....theres not really much else to say till i conduct ma test etc etc blablabla sigh im bored o this convo now

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join