It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Studying it from a scientific viewpoint, instead of paranormal. Can we prove it once and for all?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
then ask yourself

What do i care what other people think? There is more then 1 truth in this world and this is yours. Do it for yourself not for others

as if i let the opinion of others stop me from doing my researches and finding my truth. i say # them hehe...ohhh starting to sound like an american here :O

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Thankyou
but i never meant it would stop me from continuing research into this topic. I just was commenting on the....not niavity of the general public.....just there unusual resentment against the topic.

Now......heres the million dollar question

We've all seen the footage of orbs and the like, whether it be most haunted or somewhere else etc.......Can anybody (and I dont care how wild or silly they sound - anywhere is a good place to start) think of how these orbs could be illuminated, even if they ARE dust or flies or whatever, Or maybe they are paranormal. Either way....probably the first question is what do you think they are made of???

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
you should take a look at www.worlditc.org where the spiricom device was used to have two way converstaions with people who once lived on earth, maybe you should also check out www.cfpf.org.uk, where the evidence points to full materialisations of people who once lived on earth coming back to visit their relatives etc.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I will check out the latter, thanks! Although, ive mentioned Spiricom in numerous different threads but whenever i do the conversation always seems to go dead, so to speak. There are serious questions over the authenticity but there is hardly any useful info on spiricom being a hoax so perhaps its real!.

The first account of the "spiricom" devie is from thomas edison. It was his last project before he died, and he never finished it. Bell laboratories was rumoured to have picked up where he left off, But they, for some unknown reason cut off all connections with it and deny having anything to do with it. Did they finish it??
Now Spiricom has it under there own name. Although the site seems to be dead.

[edit on 15-6-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I would think that a sheet of steel has more of an EM field than a human body.
We're just cells with a nervous system that uses chemicals to make tiny electric pulses. Im sure your moniter would make a Huge field conpared to you, seeing how its an electron gun.

Good luck finding proof, seems to be a serious shortage of it around these parts.

P.S. If I find a EM field and it happens to be a ghost, I should be able to rip him apart with my speaker magnet. Now that sounds like fun.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Whatever spirits and whatnot are composed of has to be so weak, weaker than EM, weaker than gravity (which is the one of the weakest forces) etc etc.

Perhaps this is why siances apparently work, ever so slightly (but so unbelevably weak and infrequently that there isnt consistent evidence). I think we need to set up experiments during a siance, ranging from EM detectors to Brainwave monitors on each of the participants etc. Maybe we could discern what (if any force) causes the paranormal activity.

Then logically, what occurs naturally should be able to be refined and amplified by scientific methods.

[edit on 15-6-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Just remember, just because something looks like the shape of a person, or a face, doesnt imply anything. You must prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that ghosts or mind waves exist. If you cannot, than it will forever be questioned.

Odd

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
are you denying the existence of brain waves?

that's hard science... i think you need to do a little more research before you decide to keep up this skepticism gig.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I said Mind waves, and I dont mean alpha waves, Im implying the "I can read your thoughts and pick up books" mind waves.

I also wish people would remember that EM waves are the same thing that creates radio and light and most of what isnt matter transfer.
If you dont realize Light is an Electromagnetic wave, you better hit the books from high school.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Oh most definately Raideur. Odd i dont think thats what he was trying to say.

What I meant is that if, in a siance for example, if you are recording ALL the variables, brain waves, EM waves, UHF waves, EVP etc, if you are recording absolutely evrything, that leaves no room for error or criticism. (of course there will always be unanticipated variables)

Then you do a control experiment (a set of results where nothing is going on) and compare. FOR EXAMPLE on the control all the results could be at normal levels, but on the siance, for eg: there is a 200% increase in UHF frequencies (remember this is purely an example). Then you will know what is causing paranormal activity in that case.

After finding out what is the changing variable, study it, duplicate it, amplify it.......and so on until you too start seeing ghosts

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
yea Electromagnetic WAVES can refer to any part of the spectrum of all radiation. Electromagnetic FIELDS is the magnetic field created when current is run through metal, i.e: wire

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Start with the links provided in thread dealing with paranormal ability and mental illness.

I believe scientists cant prove anything because they dont know where to look.

Furthermore, Scientist are more the glass half empty type and we are glasss half full. If you (scientists) are only motivated by what you see and touch than something like this may be beyond your comprehension. Everything isnt about pen, paper, and formulas.

I think only a scientist who is also deeply spiritual ( if there are any ) can do this to establish the necessary connections.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
Film and media is one of the main reasons this subject is taken so unseriously. If
people would just take a second to look at the real scientific data and theories
behind the topic and how it could work then it actually sounds quite
plausible.

The infamous herd mentality will lead us to our Doooom I tell ya. If everyone takes a
couple of hours a week to do some research regarding ANYTHING that intrigues
them, I think we'd have a lot of answers by now. Unfortunately, most are brain dead
and would rather watch TV.

I have not seen one, not one pic/video of an orb that can be differentiated from
a dust particle! The first thing then is to find a way to differentiate it from dust.
Maybe shoot a video in a completely sterile room with no dust/dirt/grime
whatsoever?

Originally posted by DragonflyKingdom
If you (scientists) are only motivated by what you see and touch than something like
this may be beyond your comprehension. Everything isnt about pen, paper, and
formulas.

Tell Einstein that! I still cant comprehend relativity!
I do agree that even now it is difficult for a scientist to take a bold approach towards
an unchartered topic because of fear of ridicule, losing a job etc. But that does not
mean that we believe every quack out there making ridiculous claims that are not
supported by scientific evidence. I do believe that there are things that cannot be
explained by current science and that human conciousness plays a bigger part in our
lives than is accounted for. Its just a matter of time before we have more
answers...er...and more questions.

Shadow88, I would be a bit careful with EMFs. There are claims that long term
exposure may cause cancer. The coorelations are weak but why take a chance?
www.niehs.nih.gov...

Keep up the research !!

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
the world is in the 3rd vibrational sequence. some people are in 4-5 and some like me are in the 6th and 7th (there are 13 in total). technology simple has a long way to go.
[edit on 11-6-2005 by Enyalius]

Excuse me? It's impossible that you are in the 6th and 7th. I'm in the 32nd and I don't see you here. Please stop telling lies. My friend's old roommates' brother once met a guy who had a friend who's ex-gfs' dad used to know someone who talked to a guy that met a stranger on a DARK NIGHT in the middle of NOWHERE who told him his mother once knew a woman whos husband's co-worker made a daily commute from the 64TH(!!!!) to work everyday. He also said that he never saw you in the 6th OR THE 7th.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by backtoreality

Originally posted by Enyalius
the world is in the 3rd vibrational sequence. some people are in 4-5 and some like me are in the 6th and 7th (there are 13 in total). technology simple has a long way to go.
[edit on 11-6-2005 by Enyalius]

Excuse me? It's impossible that you are in the 6th and 7th. I'm in the 32nd and I don't see you here. Please stop telling lies. My friend's old roommates' brother once met a guy who had a friend who's ex-gfs' dad used to know someone who talked to a guy that met a stranger on a DARK NIGHT in the middle of NOWHERE who told him his mother once knew a woman whos husband's co-worker made a daily commute from the 64TH(!!!!) to work everyday. He also said that he never saw you in the 6th OR THE 7th.

Heeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy!!! I'm on the 32nd too! So you're the one I bump into everyday on my way to the pretzel making class?!?!?

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hey! That's YOU?? It's a small world I guess, even in the 32rd!

I forgot to mention before, but that guy who commuted from the 64th everday....said traffic was HORRIBLE!

I mean, could you immagine?

You know how bad the passageways get around rush hour. And what's the deal with the construction going on in the 18th? I swear!! It's like, I know you have to do improvements, but puh-leeeze. And of course, everyday, I get stuck behind some idiot coming from the 19th who barely can navigate his way. SIGH. You know what would be nice? If they had a warp zone from the 20th to the 16th. Like they do from the 27th to the 24th. You know the one I'm talking about? Man! It took me forever to find that one!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by backtoreality
Hey! That's YOU?? It's a small world I guess, even in the 32rd!

I forgot to mention before, but that guy who commuted from the 64th everday....said traffic was HORRIBLE!

I mean, could you immagine?

You know how bad the passageways get around rush hour. And what's the deal with the construction going on in the 18th? I swear!! It's like, I know you have to do improvements, but puh-leeeze. And of course, everyday, I get stuck behind some idiot coming from the 19th who barely can navigate his way. SIGH. You know what would be nice? If they had a warp zone from the 20th to the 16th. Like they do from the 27th to the 24th. You know the one I'm talking about? Man! It took me forever to find that one!!!

Yea a friend of my mom's sister said that her cousin's husband had a dog who's previous owner always gets stuck on the 64th. Drunk driving is so like not controled on the 64th. ANd you know the whole deal with that on the 32nd. Absolute disaster!
19'ners! Oh such kiddies!
They DO have a warp-expressway from 20th all the way up to 16th and 17th. It takes only 3.5 minutes to get to the 32 after you get off the expressway. Hullo! Look carefully when you get to the bend behind the big tree with the squirrel ...there's a bum holding a sign to the expressway. Dont make this too public though. Or else we'll have traffic jams there too!

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
*holds up hands*

Alrighty, enough enough, we get your point. If you two are snapping such jokes of the topic, I would think you wouldn't believe in any of it.

As usual, no one can prove Jack about any of the topics. Getting someone to back up their story is like pulling teeth, since they get defensive and avoid it as long as possible.

I really think that the entire body of paranormal, "Telekinesis, Mind reading, the whole bit" is just the collection of stories made up by people who thought they had seen something, and may very well have, that they could not understand, but somehow turned into something they believe even blindly and use it as a mental support to the point that it becomes truth.

I've seen many a things of that likeness occur to people, since our poor mind wants to feel in control and special in this world, and thus tricks the rational side into believing baloney.

Now, before you whine, you gotta ask yourself one thing. Do I have proof?

Well, do ya?
Punk.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
YOU GUYS! QUIT IT!!! i'm trying to have a serious, objective discussion. I do find it funny but not too much k?

-----------------------------------------------------

Remind me about the EMF's. I thought i only mentioned EMF detectors???

-----------------------------------------------------

Maybe this whole topic has no reality behind the story, but then that is what im trying to discern. Even if its not yours, my opinion is that the current amount of study is crap. More is needed if the subject wants to be proved, or disproved.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Sorry, I apologize

Originally posted by Raideur
I've seen many a things of that likeness occur to people, since our poor mind wants to feel in control and special in this world, and thus tricks the rational side into believing baloney.

I'd say "most" paranormal things happen because our mind plays tricks on us... but there are unexplained cases which boggle the mind. Instead of investigating it with different tools we either dismiss it completely or call it fancy names like demons and what not. Will we find the right tools? *shrug* In the meantime we all should try to stay sane.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join