It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

what would happen

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
i know this would never happen

what would happen if Guns were legal in the UK again
would gun crime go up
and would more people be breaking into homes or attack someone on the streats ( if the posibility was their victim would be armed )




posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
i know this would never happen

what would happen if Guns were legal in the UK again
would gun crime go up
and would more people be breaking into homes or attack someone on the streats ( if the posibility was their victim would be armed )


I personally think that legalising guns here in the UK would be a very bad idea. We already have enough problems as it is regarding gun culture, why make it any worse?



posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
I personally think that legalising guns here in the UK would be a very bad idea. We already have enough problems as it is regarding gun culture, why make it any worse?


- I totally agree.

I think opening the flood gates to a US style general gun ownership in the UK would take the situation here to a level of criminality with gun usage and ease of supply/access way beyond anything seen here so far.

(as well as all the attendant accidental maiming, deaths and domestic horror)

Thankfully there is absolutely zero prospect of any serious move in this direction from any of our serious political parties.......which the public would resist mightily even if there were.



posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
No one knows for sure, but definately people will think twice before breaking into peoples property.



posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 87718
No one knows for sure, but definately people will think twice before breaking into peoples property.


Of course they'll think twice something along the lines of ''shall I take my sawn off shotgun or the handy 9mm pistol?''

I'm against the wide spread use of guns, in my opinion it'll only lead to a increase in deaths whether through murders or people protecting their homes from criminals.
If a person wants gun they should have it registered so they are linked with the gun, so if they use the weapon for anything apart from a nice little shoot in the country or firing down the range
they can be linked with the weapon and thus punished relevant to the crime.



[edit on 12-6-2005 by UK Wizard]



posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   


Of course they'll think twice something along the lines of ''shall I take my sawn off shotgun or the handy 9mm pistol?


Like they don't anyway....



posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

If a person wants gun they should have it registered so they are linked with the gun, so if they use the weapon for anything apart from a nice little shoot in the country or firing down the range
they can be linked with the weapon and thus punished relevant to the crime.

[edit on 12-6-2005 by UK Wizard]


Well going for a shoot in the country is now classed as a crime.



posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
i know this would never happen

what would happen if Guns were legal in the UK again

They are legal...I'm going away on saterday to fire a 7.62 rifle for a week....completely legal..


would gun crime go up

Most definately.


and would more people be breaking into homes or attack someone on the streats ( if the posibility was their victim would be armed )

Yes they would go up.



posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Already being talked about here:
Is The Gun Ban In The UK Working???



posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Dear all,

If civilian gun ownership was legal on the same scale as the US then we would see all the same social problems that they have over there.

What call could there possibly be for a change? Gun crime in this country is growing but arming everyone is not going to halt that. It will simply increase it.

Unlike the US we do not have a culture of gun ownership.

Look at the other countries in the world like this and these are the countries worth emulating.

Cheers

BHR



posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Just one quick question:

Why do we always look towards "America" instead of the rest of "Europe" when we talk about Britain and our Gun-culture and/or crime rate?



posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Odium,

Because like it or not we are more like them than we care to admit.

Cheers

BHR



posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Even so, I showed in the other threads the parts of America with the worst gun-crime, are the places with the stricter gun-laws and in Europe (Finland) it was seen these sort of gun bans don't work.

I myself like the Swiss version of gun-control and National Service, seems to work fairly well.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join