It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did the Jews kill Jesus Christ? What were they planning?.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   

God has patience and strength and love. When man turned against God He could have let us all receive our wages, to be forever seperated from Him in hell.

I would say that I pity Christians living under the threat of hell but as a Jewish woman, I'm not to keep time constraining commandments. But it's the thought that counts!

But He showed how much He loves mankind by satisfying His own law when He went ot the cross.

Right because G-d wasn't powerful enough to change things without killing himself. That's not love. That's stupidity. I have rules for my children and they will break them as children do. Should I rush out and kill myself so that they will never have to be under my rules anymore? Sounds like they will be heading to an institution which is what has happened to people without actually being in a medical setting. Anyhow, there will always be rules and there will always be laws in everything you do in life. But I have some questions about the "law". How did Jesus satisfy the laws regarding women cleaning themselves after their monthly cycle? Did Jesus have a vagina? A uterus? How did Jesus satisfy the law to circumcise his offspring? Take one step back, how did Jesus satisfy the law to be fruitful and multiply? To marry? There is a law about not putting any Jew to shame. The NT shows that he didn't satisfy that one. How about honoring thy mother? Didn't seem that he did too much of that either. Did Jesus kill individuals from the seven tribes of Canaan? Do I need to go further? Do you even know what the law is? There has never been a need for the "law to be satisfied." There are 613 laws and there is not one person on this planet that all could apply to.

He showed/shows His patience for us by having mercy on us and not dealing with us as we deserve.

That's a cop out. Have you not noticed that G-d in the Tanakh is completely different than your man god?

You say He's impotent, I say He is stronger in every way than we could imagine.

That's because you live under the fear of blaspheming the spirit. I don't. For me to "follow a spirit" would be against what G-d has commanded me to do.

To go and let the creation you made nail you to a cross and then remain there while justice was satisfied, when you could have spoken a word and removed yourself, requires an awful lot of strength. One of the greatest shows of strength is to not retaliate, when wrongly abused.

I'm in awe of the pitifulness of this statement. Let's look at this logically. We'll use the two qualities of omnipresent and omnipotent. The first would put G-d in all places at all times. He is everywhere, past, present, future. If he is omnipotent then his abilities and knowledge are endless. The two together kind of create a paradox but let's go with it for a minute. If G-d is omnipresent then he was already there and being omnipotent he already knew but could he have used his omnipotent powers to change things? No because then we would see something along the lines of the Butterfly Effect. G-d has the role of sort of parent so as a parent, would I let my children kill me? No. That's not justice unless I'm doing terrible things to them. Is it your opinion that G-d was being horrible to mankind that it was necessary to do so? Was he that mean and abusive? Or is it more along the lines that following the law is a little hard for some people. The L-rd did not set his love upon us, nor choose us, because we were more in number than any people but because we were the fewest.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Al Davison... the Sanhedran, technically, cannot even convene until after Passover....

Al, I agree with your view about Temple corruption and Yeshua being PO'd about it. That's the direction I'll be taking us down in my Understanding the Historical Yeshua thread. So, I’m going to continue this post in that thread, okay? The posts will be entitled "Yeshua the religio-social activist, part 1, 2 and 3." Check ‘em out!

[edit on 18-6-2005 by smadewell]

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join