It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jazeera TV Shows Tape of Alleged Sept 11 Plotters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2002 @ 05:11 PM
link   
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (Reuters) - The Arabic Al-Jazeera satellite television channel said Monday it had received a videotape that apparently showed some of the Sept. 11 suicide hijackers studying flight manuals.

"Jazeera has recently obtained what seems to be a tape prepared by al Qaeda on the first anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks showing some of the perpetrators of the...attacks carrying out technical training on controlling aircraft," the Qatar-based channel said in a news bulletin.

Washington has blamed the attacks on New York and Washington on Saudi-born militant Osama bin Laden and his al Qaeda network. More than 3,000 people died in the attacks with hijacked airliners.

Jazeera showed footage of a map with a hand pointing at the Pentagon and people studying flight manuals without showing their faces. It separately showed men wearing south Asian clothing and identified them as four of the hijackers.

However, none of the men mentioned by Jazeera was among the hijackers that U.S. officials said were aboard American Airlines Flight 77, which destroyed part of the Pentagon on September 11.

Two other hijacked aircraft smashed into the World Trade Center in New York and a fourth plane crashed in a field in Pennsylvania.

Another portion of the tape carried what Jazeera said was a fifth hijacker, Abdul Aziz al-Omari, saying: "This is a message to America to make it leave...and stop supporting Israel." The alleged hijacker also praised bin Laden while thanking those who supported and trained him.

TAPED WARNING

"Learn (America) that we can topple you along with the other big enemies," the tape shows the man identified as Omari as saying.

"This is a message to all infidels and to America...We shall keep seeking to humiliate you so long as the book of God (Koran) and the teachings of our master (Prophet) Mohammad are between our hands or until we die," he said.

The man identified as Omari said he was "delighted" as he recorded his last message and described the attacks as "a glorious act."

The channel said the tape had been recorded in Kandahar, Afghanistan, but it did not say when or how it was obtained.

Jazeera identified the four men who appeared in the alleged training portion of the tape as Ahmed Alnami, Hamza Alghamdi, Ahmed Alghamdi and Wail Alshehri.

All the names appear on the list of hijackers compiled by U.S. investigators after the September 11 attacks.

The tape showed the faces of three men sitting on the floor of a room with another man wearing glasses and covering his face with his hand in what appeared to be an attempt to avoid recognition.

The tape also included a voice-over by a man Jazeera identified as bin Laden naming the hijackers and praising them. The same remarks came in a videotaped statement by bin Laden aired earlier this year.

Jazeera, noted for broadcasting several of bin Laden's videotaped statements, said the tape was recorded before the hijackers left for the United States to carry out the attacks. It did not elaborate.

A Jazeera journalist said Sunday that two al Qaeda members had told him in an interview that an initial plan for the September 11 attacks had been to target nuclear power plants in the United States. The plotters also told him that bin Laden was personally involved in planning the attacks.

The first part of the journalist's documentary was aired on Jazeera last Thursday but did not include those interviews. The second part of the documentary, which Jazeera said would include that material, is to be aired this Thursday.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
pull your head in!!!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
"this man once tried to kill my father" (bush bagging out saddam) watch alot of tv do you? i'm not a muslim, cristian or any other bloody fanatic it seems you americans are only happy when we all look like you do and act like you do. you are all digging your own grave america even in australia you hear pepole commenting on how much they dislike americans and you must remember multi culturism is big in this country so you encounter different pepole every day from every county in the world and you hear the same thing and if you you don't know why the world is starting to turn against you just read the first quote i made and think about it for a while. why is israel allowed nukes? why do americans hate communism, native americans , african americans, muslims & islam in general. so proud american tell me what you have to be proud about . 2 wrongs don't make sept 11 right !!!

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I love proud americans. I am very proud to be american. Every culture has skeletons in the closet its just that america's skeletons are open for the world to view. We have an open society which allows you, me, and everyone else to criticize it as we please with no ramifications to us or our families. I dont like everything which goes on or all the decisions we make and I can voice my opinion on them as I wish. There are bad apples out there which are twisted in their views and seems that they get all the attention while those main stream people like the majority of america who are hard working everyday folks get lumped up in the same catagory. I dont hate others for who they are what religion they chose to believe in or what they look like. I just prey that my family stays healthy and safe from all the dangers out there in the world today. I will be willing to wager that 90% of america as well as the world has that as their goal in life. Its sad that your so simple minded to hate people just because of what country they come from. Id venture to say that your in that 10% who have twisted views of yourself as well as the world you live in judging from your tone in your post. You preach american's hate other people if they arent american like yet you say that you hate american's. Id say that thats a fine example of a hipocrit if ive every seen one.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
HA! "as long as MY family is healthy and as long as MY family is safe" ME ME ME MY MY MY thats just it you miss the big picture there is more too see than what's inside the square you live in called america.
I couldn't help but notice you are safe and healthy but what about all the other countries & races your pepole have crushed into the ground.
I'm so glad america used nuclear weapons (new clear weapons) to stop the japanese invading the world. Im so glad to see mcdonalds & k.f.c on every corner & have your movie stars thrust into our faces all day every day.
I'm getting sick of all these wars & who's safe & who's healthy i bet my right arm the pepole of iraq would do anything to not have bombs going off every day killing hundreds. and what about the rest of the terror attacks around the world i'm quite sure these countries would like to feel safe??
you see buddy i'm as simple as you might think.
JAPAN, KOREA, VIETNAM, AFRICANS, RUSSIANS, CUBA, AFGANASTAN, these are just a few of the places your country has crushed, thats right you are safe & you are healthy in your brainwashed world.
pull your head out of the propaganda machine how about i come over there and shut down hollywood because it was corrupting pepoles minds.
pepole would go off their nut. they would all say "THIS IS AMERICA AND WE CAN DO AS WE PLEASE IT'S OUR COUNTRY" so i get my army to blow hollywood up.
NOW WHAT PROUD AMERICAN

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by unhingedmullet

I'm so glad america used nuclear weapons (new clear weapons) to stop the japanese invading the world. Im so glad to see mcdonalds & k.f.c on every corner & have your movie stars thrust into our faces all day every day.

First off, what country are you in or from?

Turn off your TV, stop going to the movie theater and stop eating at Micky D's. No one is forcing you. The law of supply and demand comes into play. If no one was buying the stuff, then we would not supply it. If you don't, then apparently you do not have much use for your own culture.

And while I am against Nukes, you should do a little research into why the A-bombs were dropped. Bone up on what happened at Iwo Jima and then place that situation into the context of a much larger Japanese homeland invasion. The last divine-right nation in the modern world was not very receptive surrender. Try asking the millions of Chinese who were killed by the Japanese if they were against the US/Brits/Aussies and others taking on the Imperial Japanese Army.

And I live about 10 minutes from Hollywood. You would have no problem with me dying?

Face

[edit on 22-9-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
go back and read my first post a bit slower all you pepole are seeing is the anti american measage.(as you allways do) these are not my words these are the words of many.
It's not just australians like me who have this veiw. you must remember i said in my first post that multi-culturism was big in this country. I'm just taking the views of a broader range of nationalities and venting them for the word to see.
i never spoke of my hatred toward americans in my first post if you go back and read properly you will notice i only spoke of other pepoles veiws. I gave the subject a name i did to grab attention and to prove a point.
And i must say it has worked quite well.
As soon as you americans see just a few words that may be just a little bit nasty toward you its instant. I must be some sort of monster to say nasty thigs about america. as i said these are not my words.
And i must finish by saying you missed the point about the japanese.
my point being yes we crushed iperial japan but what made millions of japanese kill themselves, The big propaganda machine of course the same one that was running right around the world at the time.
so forget the attention grabber i used and replace it with goverment.
the first and second world war killed 100,000,000 so the world could look and act like america.

i must add the hollywood thing was just a senerio to maybe give you an idea how the pepole of iraq must feel. you have to remember it was america who had trade sanctions againt iraq which in turn made 1000's starve to death.
ohh yes thats right you are safe and you are healthy so why should you care.

[edit on 22-9-2004 by unhingedmullet]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

And i must finish by saying you missed the point about the japanese.
my point being yes we crushed iperial japan but what made millions of japanese kill themselves, The big propaganda machine of course the same one that was running right around the world at the time.
so forget the attention grabber i used and replace it with goverment.
the first and second world war killed 100,000,000 so the world could look and act like america.

Ummm.... Japan started the war with the US.

We made millions of Japanese kill themselves? Go to websters.com and look up the term "Divine Right." Then research the term "Bushido." Let's see, they launched a surprise attack against the US which killed thousands and you think we were just going to sit back and take it?

[edit on 22-9-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
not your propaganda machine the worlds propaganda machine.
you must remember when the attack happened on perl harbour your top officials were meeting with japans top officials and even though the attack had started before the meeting was over these officials were let leave ???
Now why would you do that let traitors leave the country.

you see the links you gave me are just links to japanese & western propaganda.
you must remember at the same time everyone was running scared from the japanese, their government was telling them the same thing about us.
you tell me to turn off the t.v. well daaa if you haven't noticed i see t.v. as the biggest brainwasher out there.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
i think you are missing the point , im just trying to get across the fact that war is useless. No matter what proof there is two wrongs doesn't make it right.
E.G. if your mum punches you in the face what do you do do you get a lump of wood and beat her to a pulp, no you wouldn't you would be arrested.
so why go into two different countries because off what happened on 9/11 even the date is sus" 911 emergency"
humans have no natural predators except for bactirea & ourselves so we go off to war for this reason goverments around the world fabricate these stories to get the average joe blow to run off kill everything they see and quite often get themselves killed in the process. the ultimate human cull

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
You my friend, are part of the reason ATS is so popular. Ignorance. You are very ignorant, deny it.

To me it seems lik your some 14 year old punk who will believe any anti-American propganda since your afraid of America. People who hate like you are afraid.

So you would rather have WW2 go on then have it end right there? Millions of Allied troops (Not just Americans) would die during an invasion of Japan. To me it seems like you support WW2 era millitary Japan who forced prisoners, soldiers and innoecents in death marches. My grandmother's cousin was a priest who died in the Batam Death March.

Noe lets disect the countries that you said we "destroyed"

JAPAN- It was a war, an invasion of the Japanese mainland would've been suicide. Now they are big in technology and doing fine.

KOREA- Another war. North Korea suffers under the premise that we fought there against, while SK is doing fine.

VIETNAM- Another war, and they suffer under the enemey we wanted to stop.

AFRICANS- Please, nearly every civilzation had slaves, and the Africans are killing themselves due to their ignorance about AIDS and sex.

RUSSIANS- Huh? The Ccommunsit regime put them in the craphole they are in now.

CUBA- Not our fault, its Fidel's regime.

AFGANASTAN- Another war, and we are slowly rebuilding. Ddo you think they were better under the sadisitc Taliban?

"why do americans hate communism, native americans , african americans, muslims & islam in general"

More sheer ignorance on your part. Communism is a failed idealogy that has resulted in tolitarian regimes. Read 1984, that is not based on America. Orwell wrote that on Russia and how Communism was. It was an attack on Communism. Christ, Indians? How do we hate Indians? So we took their land that was hundreds of years ago and that was a differnt time. Blacks, pff. How can you even say all Americans hate blacks? Sure we ensalved them but like I said nearly every culture enslvaed someone. The Romans enslaved Catholics. And please Muslims and Islam? The majority of us do not hate them. I hate fanatic Muslims, I hate fanatics of all sort. If terrorists happen top be Islamic and the fact that we do not like Islamic fanatics is not racism.

Get a history lesson, and deny some ignorance. Right now your just a punk 13 year old kid who hates American blindly, and who is dumb enough to believe anythign he hears.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
old post

[edit on 22-9-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   

not your propaganda machine the worlds propaganda machine.
you must remember when the attack happened on perl harbour your top officials were meeting with japans top officials and even though the attack had started before the meeting was over these officials were let leave ???
Now why would you do that let traitors leave the country.

you see the links you gave me are just links to japanese & western propaganda.
you must remember at the same time everyone was running scared from the japanese, their government was telling them the same thing about us.
you tell me to turn off the t.v. well daaa if you haven't noticed i see t.v. as the biggest brainwasher out there.

Do a little research on the Geneva Convention and you will see why we let the Japanese Ambassadors leave.

DO AOT of research into the Japanese mentality of the time which was founded on Divine Right. It was the last major world power to have such an authority.

We were still pulling Japanese soldiers out of the Jungle islands almost 30 years after the war ended!!!!!!!!!

They still thought the war was still going on and in one case, they were still actually fighting against the local island populace! That is why we did not invade the Japanese mainland. The mentality that death is better than defeat or capture. That is why.

Before you chastise the US for WMDs, Do some research on what happened in China with regards to the Japanese Bio-weapons being experimented on civilians and POWS! Particularly their testing of the Bubonic plague on unsuspecting local Chinese populaces. They were actively looking to infect the US with the black plague. That is a documented fact. We just beat them to it. That always seems to be conviently forgotten.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but try telling that to all of the sailors who are still sitting at the bottom of Pearl Harbor entombed in the USS Arizona.

Brainwashing? I don't watch TV. And you can always turn yours off.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
1000's of sailors at the bottom of perl harbour and every one stopped to think about the geneva convention good bloody on ya.
as for the japanese mentality at the time hmmmm. PROPAGANDA don't get me wrong i'm not supporting any attacks on any one that's the whole point.
I just can't see how any of it is logical in any way it doesn't matter how you look at it governments cull their excess

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
How about you respond to my post, and stop yelling "PROPOGNADA".

When one reduces to using a phrase over and over in a debate, it simply means that person has run out of idea/is full of #/ and is losing. Unhinged do a little reaserach.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
i haveowned a puter for about 3 weeks and didn't even finish high school.
scholar are we?
must feel pretty silly arguing with a backward country hic.
if i knew how to give you links to this and links to that let me assure you i would make you sound silly.
now go back and read a bit slower this is not my veiw alone it's what i hear around. pepole have lost faith jedi

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

1000's of sailors at the bottom of perl harbour and every one stopped to think about the geneva convention good bloody on ya.
as for the japanese mentality at the time hmmmm. PROPAGANDA don't get me wrong i'm not supporting any attacks on any one that's the whole point.
I just can't see how any of it is logical in any way it doesn't matter how you look at it governments cull their excess

Every one stopped to think? What the hell are you talking about??? Make sense please.

Propaganda? It is called Divine Right!!! From the time you are born, you are told your leader is a living incarnation of GOD!!! That is a lot differrent than a President or Prime Minister!

Now we have "Theorcracies." Just as bad in my opinion. Religion on one side, the State on the other please, thankyou very much.

Yes, there is always propaganda that goverments put out to support their agendas. It's called Politics. There was a much different mentality in the world back then. Hopefully we have made strides past it.

Do you ever stop to think why those poor people in Iraq are being beheaded in front of a video camera??? Do you? It's called PROPAGANDA.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I did and all I get is that you blindly hate American, you provide weak reasons and in fact your own reasoning is weak.

What should I feel sorry for you since your computer is slow?

Ah name calling how mature. What a "country" hick i am. My my, I must go kill dem chikens now. *shakes head*

Hey, just to make you feel kinda dumb, with my logical reasonings.

Ii just entered high school.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
yes i can see you have just entered school as for the counrty hic i was refering to my self

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
divine right, propaganda god, president, i'm still having trouble seeing the diff. in the end you still end up with the same thing a mass human cull.
can you show me any other reason why normal every day pepole would go off and kill themselves, i don't think you can as i said it's not america i hate it's the so called free world we live. ever tried traveling over seas and see how hard it is to get into alot of countries.
in the end just face it america has troops on every continent in the world if that's not global dommination then i don't know what is!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join