It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galactic Systems,i love em.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Just wanna say i have been watching more and more programmes about space and solar systems, at first i thought it was boring but gradually i have began to like this new found knowledge i am gaining with each episode i watch, for example on T.V the was a programme called Edge of Space (i think) Planets from Hell.

It was about Scientists and astronomers searching for new solar systems and also trying to find a "Twin Earth"
All very cool stuff.

[Edited on 10-8-2003 by drunk]

[Edited on 12-8-2003 by drunk]

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I really dug Cosmos with Carl Sagan back in the day. It made astronomy palatable. I wish they would rebroadcast it again. I guess that is why they have DVDs.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I love anything aboout space and new planets... I watch any show that I can about them... As long as it's a fairly recent show... not something fo like 1950 or something.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I bunne c une sho but da man wha dsidead dat Hee wud mayka uh kunspare asee site luk bad bI ulways ryting thinbgs da wrung way.

I yearn for the days when this site wasn't filled with people trying to discredit it.
Yes, TBATS was wrong, but so are those who are lowering the credibility of this site due to, either, their laziness or the fact that they're G men who want people to think that we're all idiots here.

Ah beuh Dwunk!!!

PS:This isn't aimed at the people who responded to the original message. Yes, like I've said before, I screw up, too... But, when I START a thread, I try not to make the site look dumb... or drunk.

[Edited on 10-8-2003 by onlyinmydreams]

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 01:11 AM
link   
OIMD - I understand what you're saying, but how many people use perfect english when they speak? What's wrong with a little personality showing through in the posts - rather than all of them appearing as if they were proofread by college grammar professors?

I read the post and understood everything that was said and I'm sure you did, too; why bemoan a few spelling mistakes here and there?

It's not as if there are people at other websites, whispering in dark internet corners about "the laughably sub-standard levels those cretins at ATS are posting at.."

Who do you want to take us seriously? We're a discussion site about shadow governments, aliens & coverups, atlantis, loch ness, etc. Anybody that's interested will hang around - everyone else is laughing at us already: MJ12 - that's so scifi; Patriot Act and Homeland Security - those are designed to protect us; The Illuminati - you're paranoid; pre-knowledge of 9/11 - Blasphemy!!

All I'm saying is: we're already pre-judged, favorably or not, by the discussion here - not by whether I can make a proper english sentence or spell "scientist" correctly.

Sorry for the long rant - I decided to post my whole take on the TBATS thing (days late, mind you) right here.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
I bunne c une sho but da man wha dsidead dat Hee wud mayka uh kunspare asee site luk bad bI ulways ryting thinbgs da wrung way.

I yearn for the days when this site wasn't filled with people trying to discredit it.
Yes, TBATS was wrong, but so are those who are lowering the credibility of this site due to, either, their laziness or the fact that they're G men who want people to think that we're all idiots here.

Ah beuh Dwunk!!!

PS:This isn't aimed at the people who responded to the original message. Yes, like I've said before, I screw up, too... But, when I START a thread, I try not to make the site look dumb... or drunk.

[Edited on 10-8-2003 by onlyinmydreams]

Ahhh shut up.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Just wanna say i have been watching more and more programmes about space and solar systems, at first i thought it was boring but gradually i have began to like this new found knowledge i am gaining with each episode i watch, for example on T.V the was a programme called Edge of Space (i think) Planets from Hell.

It was about Scientists and astronomers searching for new solar systems and also trying to find a "Twin Earth"
All very cool stuff.

[Edited on 10-8-2003 by drunk]

OK i corrected the 3 spelling mistakes OIMD you sir are a pompous orangutang.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I like space movies and programmes too.

I really liked watching that show with the giant robot and the little people that were in the land of something or another with that road that led to nowhere and the furry little balls
that were out to populate . very cool stuff.

Rock on Dude!!

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Wasnt that show called "Land of The Giants" it was quite cool,if it is the same 1 you are talking about.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 08:18 PM
link   
By no means am I a perfect speaker or writer. My point was that the message board loses a certain degree of credibility when every other topic title is horribly mangled. You guys are all right... I make mistakes, too, but the problem here is that basic, obvious errors in thread titles convince newcomers and people just surfing the site that all of us are under 12 years old. Instead of attracting people who can add to the discussion, such language puts us into a loop where intelligent people want to stay away from the site while others feel that there is no reason to take the time to write-out a thoughtful post.

TBATS was wrong because it wanted to exclude non-select people from ATS. However, there is a general trend, on the board, towards raw incomprehensibility. If we want ATS to retain its quality, we have to monitor ourselves. Now, I don't expect everyone to be perfect... But I would expect people to at least edit themselves and take the time to spell-check their thread titles.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
By no means am I a perfect speaker or writer. My point was that the message board loses a certain degree of credibility when every other topic title is horribly mangled. You guys are all right... I make mistakes, too, but the problem here is that basic, obvious errors in thread titles convince newcomers and people just surfing the site that all of us are under 12 years old. Instead of attracting people who can add to the discussion, such language puts us into a loop where intelligent people want to stay away from the site while others feel that there is no reason to take the time to write-out a thoughtful post.

TBATS was wrong because it wanted to exclude non-select people from ATS. However, there is a general trend, on the board, towards raw incomprehensibility. If we want ATS to retain its quality, we have to monitor ourselves. Now, I don't expect everyone to be perfect... But I would expect people to at least edit themselves and take the time to spell-check their thread titles.

Sorry u were rite just noticed that i spelt galactic wrong sorry for the ranting but could yuo just tell me directly next time.

top topics

join