It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish Rite Consistory Masonic Ring

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toelint
Okay, I'm going to end this bickering over, "what's this degree and that degree". Okay?
As for whether or not there's an ACTUAL secret...well...find that on your own.
[edit on 12-6-2005 by Toelint]

Toe,

I don't see that there was any "bickering" per se...someone asked a question and it was answered. The degrees of the Scottish Rite branch of Freemasonry are structured somewhat differently and TITLED differently in different jurisdictions. That chart gives a basic understanding but leaves a lot out....so let's not "bicker" huh?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
LOL Okay, senrak. Ya gotta deal! As for my last post about M and H masons...well...I MAY have been mistaken. I'll keep searching, just to make sure.

[edit on 13-6-2005 by Toelint]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

LOL Okay, senrak. Ya gotta deal! As for my last post about M and H masons...well...I MAY have been mistaken. I'll keep searching, just to make sure.

I've never seen such a thing, and I've seen many different uses of the square and compass. Everything from a skull to an arm and hammer, but no letters except "G"...

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I have a rather wierd question.

I've seen (as I'm sure all of you have) the Masonic ring that has the Square, Compass, and the letter G set in the middle. However, I've also seen this same ring (Square and Compass) with the letter M. I've ALSO seen this ring with the letter H.

What's the difference?

[edit on 12-6-2005 by Toelint]

I'll have to agree w/ Sebatwerk here. I've seen variations..but never either of those letters. The only letter I've ever seen was "G" inside the Sqauare & Compasses.

Sebatwerk pointed out that some have an arm and hammer, that's the emblem of the Junior Order of United American Workmen. . . not related to Freemasonry at all.

Perhaps the ones you saw were other (non-Masonic) organizations that use the S&Q symbol as well.

Curious indeed...

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Yay! I got my dollar!

He gave it to me when I said "Gimme my dollar, its a 32 degree scottish rite masonic ring!Master of the Royal Secret" and he was all "Heres your dollar, I am very proud of you for doing such good research"

So yeah, the others where surprised when they found out I got the dollar

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reikuro
He gave it to me when I said "Gimme my dollar, its a 32 degree scottish rite masonic ring!Master of the Royal Secret" and he was all "Heres your dollar, I am very proud of you for doing such good research"

I expect my $0.50 no later than the end of the fiscal quarter

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reikuro
Yay! I got my dollar!

LOL! Well, truth be known, there was no research for those of us who replied. Several of us are 32nd Degree (Scottish Rite) Masons.

Congratulations on your dollar!

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I found a site where letter "H" represent one of the letter in Lost Word in 18th Degree Secret Initiation Ceremony of the Knight of the Pelican and Eagle Sovereign Prince Rose Croix of Heredom

Marshal, followed by the candidate, passes seven times round the Chapter, within the three pillars. He should time the seven circuits to agree with the seven sections of Scripture, noting that transgressions occurs in the third and fifth and that the seventh ends with transgressors. During the third circuit, Marshal shows and gives the Candidate the letter F from the Pillar of Wisdom in the north, during the fifth the letter H from the Pillar of Beauty in the south, during the seventh the letter C from the Pillar of Strength in the west.

It's a conspyracy site so is there any truth about this letter stuff or It's just their wild imagination?

Any thoughts?

Link

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It's really sad that things get labled as "cults" or "anit- Christian." I grew up fundamentalist and we were always taught that the Masons were evil.

In the Assembly of God and Southern Baptist by laws members are not allowed to join "secret societies." Even though this is not always enforced it is still in practice.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
I found a site where letter "H" represent one of the letter in Lost Word in 18th Degree Secret Initiation Ceremony of the Knight of the Pelican and Eagle Sovereign Prince Rose Croix of Heredom

It's a conspyracy site so is there any truth about this letter stuff or It's just their wild imagination?
Any thoughts?

The quote you posted makes a bit of sense, but the F, H, & C stand for "Faith" "Hope" and "Charity" The ritual link you posted is one I found quite some time ago, it says it's from the Supreme Council of England and Wales but, while similar, it's not the ritual in use by them at this time (at least not in the 1988 version which is the newest one I have) and I've got several older versions.

In the U.S.A. the 18th Degree is called "Knight Rose Croix" (in the Southern Jurisdiction) and "Kinght of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M." (in the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction)

I just scanned through my copy of the U.S. 18th Degree and saw a similar reference to F-H-C but the thing that puzzles me is that I've never seen the "H" inside the square & compasses, which is what brought this whole conversation about. I wish I could find a picture of one. The S&C aren't utilized as an emblem in the 18th Degree either.

Very curious indeed.

[edit on 15-6-2005 by senrak]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek

It is not from the secret word. F, H and C stand for "Faith, hope and charity" which are the three tenets of the 18th degree.

Senrak: These letter WERE presented to us during the 18th degree.

[edit on 15-6-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

It is not from the secret word. F, H and C stand for "Faith, hope and charity" which are the three tenets of the 18th degree.

Senrak: These letter WERE presented to us during the 18th degree.
[edit on 15-6-2005 by sebatwerk]

Yes, I said that.

I discussed the letters F-H-C and they DO appear in the 18th Degree. I haven't seen the new Revised Ritual of the 18th Degree, which is the one you recently saw, but the older "Pike" version discussed Faith, Hope and Charity at length...perhaps the new version does as well.

My point is the "H" isn't found inside the S&C.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak
Yes, I said that.

I discussed the letters F-H-C and they DO appear in the 18th Degree. I haven't seen the new Revised Ritual of the 18th Degree, which is the one you recently saw, but the older "Pike" version discussed Faith, Hope and Charity at length...perhaps the new version does as well.

My point is the "H" isn't found inside the S&C.

hehe I know you said that, I didn't see it until after I posted my message.

Anyways, in the 18th degree the letters were presented and discussed a bit, but not extensively. I doubt there has ever been a H inside the S&C, might just have been a confusion. I doubt there has ever been any other letter except G, for that matter. Maybe a hebrew character, but that's about it I would think.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I did find this.....it doesn't have an the letters H or M inside the S&C but does resemble the S&C of Freemasonry with an A and M outside the S&C

www.iamaw.org...

Similiar, but obviously not the same as the Freemasonry S&C.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Masons and men alike have the habit of having custom rings made. The rings with the H or M appearing outside the square & compasses could be explained as simply as being initials of a last name. I believe we have all seen rings with offset diamonds next to a square & compasses. That H or M is basely the personal taste of its owner.

Silent Professional
Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silent Professional
Masons and men alike have the habit of having custom rings made. The rings with the H or M appearing outside the square & compasses could be explained as simply as being initials of a last name. I believe we have all seen rings with offset diamonds next to a square & compasses. That H or M is basely the personal taste of its owner.

While that is possible, most masons get their ring for one of two reasons: to remind them of the lessons and symbols given to them during their initiation, and to identify themselves as a mason. Seems like adding your own customizations to the square and compass defeats either of those purposes.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Brothers,

If the letters of H or M had any additional meaning, then that secret would be known to all Master Masons.

Now the H could have additional mean; but, discussing that here is forbidden.

Silent Professional

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I can see a good reason for an H but for two very good reasons the G is the standard in American Freemasonry. The Grand Lodge of Colorado AF&AM replaces the G with a book (the Bible) in it's seal. I have heard but, do not know for a fact, that European Masons put nothing within the S&C.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join