It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish Rite Consistory Masonic Ring

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Does anyone have any information on what this ring is all about?

The school security guy at my school (we call him Grampa or papa cause we're like children to him...only some of us...not cpr he smells) has it, he told us he would give us a dollar if we could figure out what 32 meant.

So far all I know is that he has the Scottish Rite Consistory Masonic Ring.

So I need like background info, and other stuff on it

Please and thanks

-Rei

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reikuro
The school security guy at my school (we call him Grampa or papa cause we're like children to him...only some of us...not cpr he smells) has it, he told us he would give us a dollar if we could figure out what 32 meant.

The 32 means that he is a 32nd degree mason

If you really want to surprise him, tell him it's because he is a "Master of the Royal Secret".

[edit on 10-6-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
but what do degrees mean?

and what are masons really...all I know is that they were a secret cult or something...never really learned about them, only learned about Illuminati somewhat

and whats a Master of the Royal Secret?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Go to Scotland and join a lodge. Then some years down the road you'll have your answers.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well I only have untill Monday to answer or I dont get the dollar

and no one else will no...so I just want some background info on it

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reikuro
Well I only have untill Monday to answer or I dont get the dollar

and no one else will no...so I just want some background info on it

Freemasonry is not a cult, it is a fraternity for men. Degrees are levels of knowledge within the fraternity. Master of the Royal Secret is the name of the 32nd degree.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Quote: "but what do Degrees mean?"

Degree of Initiation into the Order. "Degree" does not equal "Rank". Masonry is not a
"Diabolical Secret Society" - just a Fraternity of Men looking to make both Themselves & the World in which they live better! They do a LOT of Charitable work & giving!

P.S. The "Scottish" Rite has nothing to do with Scotland & you do not have to go to Scotland if you are Interested in Joining – you just have to be a Regular Master Mason first (i.e. be accepted & go through the Formal F. & A. Masonic Process) & have your Application accepted!

[edit on 10-6-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

[edit on 10-6-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer68
Go to Scotland and join a lodge. Then some years down the road you'll have your answers.

Oh for cryin' out loud! The Scottish Rite:

www.srmason-sj.org...

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Speaking of, I just returned from the Scottish Rite one-day class. I've got to admit, those are some truly magnificent degrees. I can't wait to study Morals and Dogma and see the progression of Pike's thoughts on them.

More to come soon..

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
The York Rite seems very interesting, I do believe at the upper degrees, your required to be a Christian, isn't that so?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
The York Rite seems very interesting, I do believe at the upper degrees, your required to be a Christian, isn't that so?

Not so much anymore. Previously this WAS the case. Now you only have to promise to defend the Christian faith at all costs so, in a sense, you do not HAVE to be Christian.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   
That would be a bit strange to promise to defend the Christian faith, and not be a Christian. Why would someone that isn't a Christian want to promise to defend the Christian faith.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   

That would be a bit strange to promise to defend the Christian faith, and not be a Christian. Why would someone that isn't a Christian want to promise to defend the Christian faith.

Good question. I thought it was still a requirement.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman

Good question. I thought it was still a requirement.

Well that's kind of the point. You can't keep someone out because of their religion, but you can make it so that pretty much only Christians would want to join. By the way, we are talking about the Knights Templar degree ONLY, all other York Rite bodies are open to anyone. But you can see why you would have to swear to defend the faith when becoming a Templar.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I have a rather wierd question.

I've seen (as I'm sure all of you have) the Masonic ring that has the Square, Compass, and the letter G set in the middle. However, I've also seen this same ring (Square and Compass) with the letter M. I've ALSO seen this ring with the letter H.

What's the difference?

[edit on 12-6-2005 by Toelint]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
M and H?

Um.

No idea. Where have you seen these rings?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Is it not true that the 32d Degree is called "The Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret"?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
Is it not true that the 32d Degree is called "The Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret"?

In some jurisdictions, particularly in the United States' "Northern Masonic Jurisdiction

www.supremecouncil.org...

In the "Southern Jurisdiction"

www.srmason-sj.org...

the title of the 32nd Degree is: "Master of the Royal Secret" Several other degrees are titled differently in the SJ and the rituals between the two jurisdictions are INCREDIBLY different in some instances. Even the degree "structure" is different between these two U.S. jurisdictions.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Wow. Thanks. Very interesting.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Okay, I'm going to end this bickering over, "what's this degree and that degree". Okay?

As for whether or not there's an ACTUAL secret...well...find that on your own.

[edit on 12-6-2005 by Toelint]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join