It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Atlantic storm - Arlene

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Here's the latest (2:00 pm EST):
www.nhc.noaa.gov...

Winds: 60 mph
Pressure: 1000 mb
Moving: North - 13mph
Latest watches and warnings and forcasted track:

Alot of the TS warning area is also under a Hurricane watch as there's the possibility this could briefly reach hurricane status before making landfall.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
my post from the other hurricane thread:

lucky me, I'm under a tornado watch till 11pm tonight and a flood watch till tomorrow evening. Right now on the east coast of florida, broward county its been nasty all day, on and off light rain, a few heavier quick moving showers and winds around 20-25mph. yuck!!

as for Tropical Storm Arlene, possible strengthening to a minimal Cat 1 is possible before landfall, but all the nasty stuff is still to the north and east of the center of circulation.

[edit on 6-10-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Im directly across form you, over in Naples. Its been nasty here all day as well. The wost thing is,as you know, we are already saturated from the rain as it is. It rained for a week straight last wekk. sheesh.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
After last year, just not even worrying about a TS or a cat 1 hurricane....

Our only casualty so far is our picnic for tomorrow...

We're still prepared, just not that worried.

EDIT: Yet....

[edit on 10-6-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Didn't Arlene start out as Adrian? and then cross over into the Atlantic region? Hope I haven't misinterpreted this information.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
CelticMist, while it could be that some of the remnants of Adrian did become Arlene, they are not the same storm.

Xayden it looks like you got pounded with rain all last night too. We started drying out around 8pm, with just the occasional fast moving showers. There's actually a bit of sunshine out today.

Tropical Storm ARLENE Public Advisory
Arlene is about to come on shore as a strong tropical storm, probably won't make it to hurricane stat though, still quite lopsided and disorganized though, which is a good thing, flooding will probably be the worst of it.

and if you didn't know yet, one death can be blamed on Arlene in a way
Foreign Exchange Student; First Fatality Of Arlene

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Didn't Arlene start out as Adrian? and then cross over into the Atlantic region? Hope I haven't misinterpreted this information.

Nope, different storm... Adrian petered out....didn't make it to become Arlene. It WOULD have, if still intact after crossing the land....didn't happen though.

new topics

top topics

join