It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't God talk to us now?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hi all, something has intrested me, In the Bible God Talked to Moses, Adam, Eve etc... But he doesn't talk to anyone now!

Does this mean anything?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Some would say he does.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I think he does all the time. We just have to close out all the chatter. (with which I mean the tens of thousands of thoughts that float around in our head all day). The best way to do that is through meditation.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Or It could also be that there is too much ELF bombardement in the air!

I think we should ask prophet yahweh...

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
that the person or persons that talked to these people in the Bible you stated wasn't GOD at all. Oh yes there is a supreme creator of all things...but there are also individuals that are working for his cause if you will. Take a look...

Elohim Project Book 1

Elohim Project Book 2

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fisha05
Hi all, something has intrested me, In the Bible God Talked to Moses, Adam, Eve etc... But he doesn't talk to anyone now!

Does this mean anything?

I think God still talks to people, or at least those who choose to listen, even ordinary people. In my religion, we believe that God talks with our church leaders and with Joseph Smith. (I'm a Mormon) Whether you believe that or not, it isn't any more fantastic than God talking to Moses or any of the rest of the ancient prophets. I think there are probably other religions that claim God speaks to their leaders/people. There are others that deny God speaks with man any longer, as well. (I have no idea what their reasoning behind that is)

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I once heard somewhere that Angels were created first, before men. But Angels were not given souls. God then made man through his image and gave us souls.

People say that God no longer talks to his angels or man no-more.
Also when God created the World in seven days, did his angels help him?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
talk to people, but I wouldn't have believed it had it not happened. There's what I like to refer to a 'direct' and 'indirect' communication. This would be direct. But you don't "hear" a voice...or at least I don't. It bypasses the ear and goes straight into the brain. I included some of the words in my blog. How do I know it's not me? Because I can't come up with these things myself, have to spend time figuring it out and it fits with His written Word. Yeah, yeah, I'm crazy, whatever...
To that I say, talk to Him yourself. He'll give answers to those who are honestly looking for them.

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Elohim Project Book 1

Elohim Project Book 2

Everything will make alot more since after your done.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

This would be direct. But you don't "hear" a voice...or at least I don't. It bypasses the ear and goes straight into the brain. I included some of the words in my blog. How do I know it's not me? Because I can't come up with these things myself, have to spend time figuring it out and it fits with His written Word. Yeah, yeah, I'm crazy, whatever...

Well, we've all known you are crazy, lol!! Actually, my wife thought I was some sort of nut. Now she is a little amazed at things. Like when one of our cats is picking on another. I don't say anything to it...just look at it and do a little thinking. The cat walks quickly away. Don't ask..I dunno!!!! Part of the being "intune" I reckon.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Wait... Who is god again?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
God, Talks to me all the time. Just because our conversations aren't recorded in the Bible doesn't mean he doesn't talk. He would talk to you if you tried. He talks to everyone, you just have to listen.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I used to ask that question to my very religious devoted father, when I was a child.

He always said that you have to have faith for God to talk to you, so I would ask him if God was talking to him, he would tell me that he did.

Then I will ask him what he told him, and he would tell me that I asked to many questions.

So is a matter of faith, just because the bible said that God talk to the "selected ones" it doesn't mean he really did.

When you ask to people to tell what God tells them most of them will tell you that is all about faith.

That is what is all bout faith.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Just a differing view...

God does not talk to us now for the same reasons that Santa doesn't. Sorry if it ruffles any feathers... but it is genuine answer.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
He gets tired of being put on hold by some.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
God talks to us on an individual basis.

Like many said above... its a hearing problem on this end that stops people from hearing Him.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
God caan not brake the fabric of time and space to "talk" to us, because he doesnt live in our universe, but rather in heaven. Furthermore, if he was to talk to somebody and an athiest saw it, the athiest would literally lose his/her mind and go mental because he/she wouldnt be able to comprehend it in their brain.

[edit on 12-6-2005 by JordanW345]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
God does still talk to people. God speaks to us through what is written in the Bible as we read it. He can choose to use other people to tell us something we need to know. And He still does speak directly to us. I've never heard Him audibly speak to me but have on a few occasions had Him speak to my spirit and definitely make things known to me. So He still does talk to people. That's the whole thing with Jesus Christ, He wants a personal relationship with each individual. No one is more important to Him than anyone else. He loves you just as much as he loves Moses.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I used to ask that question to my very religious devoted father, when I was a child.

He always said that you have to have faith for God to talk to you, so I would ask him if God was talking to him, he would tell me that he did.

Then I will ask him what he told him, and he would tell me that I asked to many questions.

I don't know if I remember right, but I think you said your dad was 7th day adventist. I don't know enough about that denomination to comment on it. But your dad should have told you more when you asked him about God.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I think God talks to us all the time. Sometimes we here him, other times we don't. If you mean in a vocal since like a voice from a bush or cloud, well, maybe he has but the media has not yet discovered it yet.

Something I heard (probably at church) when I was young and wondering "can I talk to God" was that God is talking to me everytime I dream, everytime the wind blows, everytime a child smiles. Corny, you bet, but if corney makes be happy, so be it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join