It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best carrier launched fighter : Su-33, F/A-18, Rafale-M, F-35C, Mig-29K, Harrier FA2 ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD
You sure about that? R-77s and R-73s for weapons seems more than a match for the AIM-120s and AIM-9s found on the typical American fighter. Avonics wise, I can't debunk your statement, but for the Indian versions, Israeli and French avonics will probably match up to the American avonics too.

Yes, I am sure, the R-73's that were used the the Ethiopia/Eriteria conflict did very poorly, and were only able to hit fleeing (non-maneuvering) targets.

And the R-77 has NEVER been used in combat, so why are you saying it can compete with the AMRAAM when it clearly can't!

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Ok then, I can't say anything regarding the R-77 not being combat proven. After all, the Russians haven't been going to war with anyone except Chechenya, who doesn't have any decent planes anyway. The R-73s in the Ethiopian conflict were only used against fleeing targets, none of them were fired against head-on targets let alone missed against them, so that wouldn't be counted as performing badly.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Of pre-ww1 early 14-15, 16-17, 18 and inter war and ww2 eras?

i like the CR42

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
F-35C Is my top choice I’m not a big fan of the Hornet But the later version like the SuperHornet seem pretty good. And I have not heard any news about the Pentagon canceling the F-35C.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
love pics, go ahead, load as many as you want, I'm fine with it.

The merge of Sukhoi and MIG was just some memory in my head, I don't remember where I read that but I definitely read it somewhere. But it could all be a rumour. I remember some Russian guy saying that MIG has sent numerous of their best engineers and scientists to Sukhoi to work on PAK-FA and because of the lack of sales in recent years and the in and out of bankruptsy state of the company, they have decided to merge or something. I can't confirm it, don't take this as a fact, research some first.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!

Please could members refrain from starting threads that are based around:

what is your favourite aircraft

who would win if ??? and ??? were in a dogfight with each other

who has the best fighters........
etc etc ...

This forum is for information about Aircraft Projects.

Please could we get back to threads with genuine interest.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!

As such, topic thread closed.

seekerof

[edit on 11-6-2005 by Seekerof]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join