It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People and their comfort zones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Our city puts out a free local paper once a week, and in it was a column speaking out against the Ohio Patriot Act (yes, they want one here too--and they want to make it so different cities/counties can't go against it). I mentioned this to my husband, who asked me, "Why did you tell me that?"

I said, well, it's the truth.

He said it's such a downer when I talk about things like that. I asked him, what, you want your head in the sand?

He said he'd rather just ignore it. I said to him, "well, you're going to have an even ruder awakening when it comes crashing down on you." I also told him that I try not to let it get to me.

He knows fully well that there's all this crap going on in the world. He just wants to pretend it's not there, and while I don't blame him, I believe forewarned is forearmed. He doesn't think I'm nuts; he'd just rather be able to enjoy his life.

Know what, though, despite this going on, I'm trying to enjoy life too, just keeping in mind that things may get worse around here.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
...He said it's such a downer when I talk about things like that. I asked him, what, you want your head in the sand?

He said he'd rather just ignore it. I said to him, "well, you're going to have an even ruder awakening when it comes crashing down on you." I also told him that I try not to let it get to me.

He knows fully well that there's all this crap going on in the world. He just wants to pretend it's not there,...

Giving something a lower priority than you do is not denying something exists. He obviously has other things going on his life that take precedence over one columnist's opinion.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
people ignoring what goes on around them are directly responsible for allowing it to happen

im sure most people in nazi germany 'ignored' what was going down, as best as they could

but look what happened to them....

deny apathy

new topics

join