It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Tarot work?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   

I see Tinkle flower has posted some links on Tarot I'll give them a read and see if I am any less ignorant on the subject. The dream I mentioned has also happened while sort of meditating during the day. The images were sort of animated looking characters not real human like. More like cartoons. It's pretty scarry when it happens.

Maybe you should buy a deck, it seems like something wants you to!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The tarot cards are false, and nothing more than bs. Please stop wasting your time with them.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jca2005
The tarot cards are false, and nothing more than bs. Please stop wasting your time with them.

And you know this how?

True tarot cards are archetypes, part of our unconscious.

If you use them properly they can help you bring out parts of your Self that is in the shadow.

Confronting the 'dark' or 'unknown' releases tons of energy that can be used for positive endeavors.

Jungian tarot and archetypal imagery

psychodynamics of tarot

personality explained through chakras and archetypes

Jung and tarot symbolism

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
If Tarot is done with true intent and belief, then I think it works. Obviously, the person dealing the cards has to know what they are doing. read ie experience.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
In my experience Tarot's accuracy and efficiency depends entirely upon the readers ability to examine the archetypes and human experiences put forth by the individual cards. I learned to read and interpret Tarot about a decade ago, and I've been able to successfully help people with their inquiries since then. However, of the people I have taught the same way that I was taught, only about half of them have been able to pick up on it.

Concerning the "why," I was always taught that the Tarot is not an oracle for seeing the future exactly as it is. I was taught that there are no certainties in life (death and taxes excluded). Therefore a good Cartomancer can only catch the vibrations of the person they are reading for and point them in an appropriate direction.

I've never been able to see, feel, or read auras. But I have been able to see a person's energy/aura through the cards, and because of the cards drawn help steer them away from dangerous avenues. Mostly. One kid broke his arm 'cause my warning came about 20 minutes before his football practice.

I've always believed that the Tarot represents archetypes and aspects of the human condition (like any psychological or sociological science). So instead of looking at the future like some prophet or sybil from ancient Greece, the cards are simply responding to our own personal energy patterns and pointing out what kind of "state" we're in right now, and then showing us possible roads that state can lea us down.

It all depends on the reader though, a reader who does not understand the symbolism and psychology represented in the cards will be stuck trying to tell someone when they're going to die, instead of that their lifestyle requires immediate change and that a new day is dawning on the horizon.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I've been reading tarot cards for a long time...- and they always work. It's fascinating. And I consider it an excellent tool- but can be quiet dangerous as well...
I've noticed that most tarot readers have great difficulties in reading for themselves and their loved ones- (lack of objectivity). Plenty of people twisting the results (sometimes unconsciously) to fit their cravings

This tool works.
It's all a matter of being ready to decipher the codes correctly and establishing the connection with the "right" deck for you.
The symbology is complex but it becomes very easy when one is ready to decode it.

[edit on 23/2/10 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I've been reading the cards for years. I went "professional" a few years back so now do this for a living online.

I was using the Rider Waite deck until recently coming across "The Psychic Tarot Oracle" by John Holland. I really recommend these as do many reviewers on Amazon (which was why I bought them to begin with - amazing reviews). They are less complicated to understand than the Tarot can be and the Artwork is vivid. They are also really on the ball so far.

Just to cite one brief experience with them...a few days ago I did a reading and picked up on a health issue that the young lady seemed to be suffering from but had not seen a Dr about. She drew the "Suffering in Silence" card next to a healthh related card. I don't like to look into health issues much beyond a brief mention as I'm not a Dr. Anyway she writes back asking me what exactly did I see. So I pulled several more cards and she drew :

1. DESTINY : shows a woman with her hands touching her CHEST area

2. POWER : shows a face that is half man and half lion. One side of the face is shaded red. This card equates to the STRENGTH card in Tarot, with the Lion governing the HEART area.

3. HEARTACHE & LOSS : You will see the connection here ...ie HEART and ACHE (pain)

So, 3 cards that came out one after the other all suggesting the same thing : something in the chest area with a focus on the heart

Turns out she had been suffering chest pains for 8 months and had a red rash on her chest area ! She's seen a Dr since my reading and the rash was nothing serious. She glossed over the chest pains so not sure about the outcome there.

But anyway as I'm sure you'll agree this was a pretty eerily accurate set of insights from the cards ! If I was more familar with them I might have picked up that the HALF RED FACE on the POWER (Heart) card may have been indicating the rash she mentioned after my analysis.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join