It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chinas new aircraft carrier?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
www.warchina.com..." target='_new' class='postlink' style='color: #ff0000; font-size: 14px;'>external image

In depth history of chinas carrier development
www.theasf.net...

[edit on 10-6-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Not sure, But looks a bit like photoshoped. Where does the original picture come from? By the way, IMO submarine fleet is mcuh useful and economcial than a carrier for PLA.

[edit on 10-6-2005 by wfliu]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
the source is warchina.com

it does look kinda PS

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This is the USS Ronald Reagan...in Dry Dock 12 at Newport News, Virginia. What you see is the overhead gantry crane with a 900 ton lift capacity. I have worked in this drydock many times and on the Ronald Reagan specifically. What you also see in the right hand margin is one of the citys waters tower just off Warwick Boulevard. This shipyard has two of these large overhead Gantry type cranes...this 900 ton and a 300 ton crane for heavy lifts.
The USS Ronald Reagan is the first Nimitz class aircraft to incorporate a bulbous bow just like on commercial ships.

Just over the flight deck to the right of the antenna mast atop the island house is the boom of a whirler crane used for heavy lifts but not as heavy as the 900 ton crane.

Someone has edited out the name of the company and inserted Chinese characters in its place.

All of Americas nuclear aircraft carriers are born in this drydock.

Nice try guys but not good enough. Ive spent enough time in this drydock and others in this yard..I would know this scene in my sleep.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
no orangetom its actually real!!!! sombody stole the Ronald Reagan!!!
it looks like we in big trouble now.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Obviously its fake. Its so old, its been out on the net for years.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   

here is the real image of the U.S.S. Reagan, how dare anibody try to attempt to make the American carrier to a Chinese carrier (spit).

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
deltaboy...
I just went to Newport News today and saw the CVN 77 from the James River Bridge. She is in the water and docked.

Note: I was wrong on the USS Ronald Reagan....it is the newest one I saw: the CVN 77.

chinawhite...
You may want to read and re-read this from this site's Terms and Conditions of Use:

1.) You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

-snip-

6.) ....You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive my advance permission)....

seekerof

[edit on 10-6-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
deltaboy...
I just went to Newport News today and saw the CVN 77 from the James River Bridge. She is in the water and docked.

Note: I was wrong on the USS Ronald Reagan....it is the newest one I saw: the CVN 77.

thats awesome, i believe the CVN 77 is now named George H. W. Bush. it seems u live close to the docking area so maybe u may see the CVNX carriers near future, lucky man.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
i throught it would be fake. thats why my heading was new chinese aircraft carrier?[b/]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
That wasn't even a good photoshop job. I wonder what kind of people would do this, what a disgrace.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I wonder why the first image won't work. But anyway, it is pretty disgraceful that someone would take American-created ships and make it seem like a Chinese invention. I just wish I would know what exactly the top image is. Either way, shame on them.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

chinawhite...
You may want to read and re-read this from this site's Terms and Conditions of Use:

1.) You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

-snip-

6.) ....You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive my advance permission)....

seekerof

first of all i didn't know it was fake. i posted the image to find out if it was.

second i just posted the picture and the link where i got it.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
EDIT

[edit on 11-6-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
A Chinese carrier would be more Russian oriented, I mean more like a destroyer which can carry planes than a American carrier. Russian carriers were designed to rely on airplanes for secondary supplementary firepower while American carriers were designed to provide the main firepower of the carrier. Having no experience whatsoever with building carriers, it will be likely for the Chinese to turn to the Russians.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Seekerof,
The carrier you saw in the water is the USS Enterprise. She is noticable among the carrier fleet as she has more of a large square island house sticking up out of the deck. Her number is CVN 65.
The USS George H. W. Bush is still in dry dock 12 under construction. I dont think they quite have the flight deck installed which means the island house is not installed either. This drydock is the one in the picture you see posted here in the picture.
The other carrier in the yard is the USS George Washington under the other large green crane. CVN 73.

I agree with the poster who said the Chinese would build a carrier along Russian designs as their aircraft would be along Russian designs. Intresting to me that they use the jump jet ramp to launch. Steam catapults are a very labor intensive complex system to maintain and install.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I really don't know about this China carrier business.. really It would be detrimental to the whole character of their navy...
Unless the chinese release 3 to 4 50,000 ton+ carriers to together.. And all with Su-27s..

btw.. what does that chinese script say on the board above the carrier in dock?

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
With the east Asia situation, China will need better force projection capabilites. And yes, China needs Su-27/30s on those carriers, I wouldn't want them to carry J-7s or J-8s. I think China will have a carrier up and running before 2008, maybe 50 000 tons to start, more like the smaller Russian carriers than the huge American 100 000 ton carriers.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
i throught the picture i posted was the Varyag with out the ski-jump

look at the pics.
www.theasf.net...

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join