It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream Interpretation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I was wondering if anyone here, on ATS could interpret dreams?

I have been having the same dream for years now.
Basically it starts with me being followed by something or someone. I cannot see them, but am aware they are there.
I begin to walk faster and faster, then break into a run. I never manage to get away from the person/thing. It always catches up with me. When it gets me, it stabs me with something sharp, maybe a knife, I'm not sure. The first stab doesn't hurt, but its the second stab that hurts which then wakes me up screaming.

The dream is always in different places, but always ends up with the same scenario.

DAF

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I am not an expert. But I think that it probably has something to do with a past event or perhaps a future event. Ever experience dejavu (spell check)? It's as if we time warped into an event and the relive it. So maybe you are going through long term dejavu. Kidding!!!!!

I'm not entirely sure about your dream......Have you witnessed a murder or experienced a severe trauma as a child. Or it could even be with your interaction with your daily environment.

Like I said - not an expert but willing to offer any assistance.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
he's trying to run away from either emotions or a certain problem. but as always it comes back to haunt you and eventually catches up untill you face it and deal with it.

so deal with it instead of running away.

JAK

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Dream Interpretation

Ahh, this always gives me a giggle.

Ok. Reading it initially I thought it maybe the result of concern over an past event or upcoming decision, but seeing as it's been going on years now it must be an past event.

The fact that you start off walking and slowly increase pace before breaking into an all out run could suggest that you are conciously aware of the disquiet over this event in your waking hours. It is in the back of your mind but there is a nagging doubt - or even denied outright recognition - that you are concerned it has not been dealt fully or sucessfully.

Being eventually caught and the dream always taking place in different places yet ending up with the same scenario is symbolic of your true understanding that this concern must, and you are aware ultimately will, be addressed at sometime. That there is no denying the matter.

The stabbing is your reaction to facing the problem, and is a reassuring sign. The fact that the initial does not hurt yet the second does is suggestive that facing this will not be as trauamatic as you might think. The initial thrust being the actual handling of this issue is comparatively painless.

The second stab is indicative of the pain that you believe inevitable, your worry and concern at addressing the issue. It arrives after the initial confrontation and so is representative of the worry you have when you actually (have time) to dwell on the problem. But as was said, the truth of the matter is dealing with it will be surprisingly less painlful or traumatic than you might think.

Dude.
Next!.

Jak

PS: Disclaimer - Err... The above is for entertainment purposes only.

[edit on 10/6/05 by JAK]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Thanks for that guys.

I have seen a lot of death over the last 20 years or so, but to be honest, it was always something i could handle.(if that is the right word to use). Riding a bike will always bring about accidents. Thats how i have experienced death. Not me obviously, but my friends who have been killed on them.

I also worked at a chemical plant for a few years. This plant exploded killing 8 people. I was witness to that too. One guy was burned so bad i couldn't recognize him, yet he knew me. He asked for a cigarette, it was only when he tried to take it from me that i realized he had no fingers to hold it with. He eventually died of his injuries. Maybe this traumatic event is the problem i may have?

The advice about sorting the problem out is sound.
Now all i have to do is fathom out what my problem/trouble is.

top topics

join