It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The physics of ESP - Implications.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I was reading this really cool article on the physics that might be involved in ESP and other psychic events:

ourworld.compuserve.com...

It seems that we're just one step away from confirming some of the experiences people have the science scoffs at.

I wonder if knowing the truth would make it easier to tap whatever psychic power you're born with. Half the problem, I think, is that most people don't even allow for the idea that it could be real, so if they have an experience that smacks of psychic, they automatically dismiss it and explain it away.

However, if science proved that psychic talents really exist, then people might be more willing to explore and develop their latent talents.

The part of physics that really blows me away is non-locality. That could explain a whole lot of what goes on - like how I knew my mother had died when she was more than a thousand miles away. It's fairly common for people to have 'visits' from those who have died shortly after their death. NDE is a fairly common experience. IMO, all of these fall into the same realm as non-locality and the underlying science that causes non-locality could also cause the more unusual human experiences. It would also explain the evidence of some sort of global consciousness that researchers have already discovered.

If this were proven, it could have profound effects on how we view ourselves, and the talents we choose to develop.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Reads like a short summary of Michael Talbot's book The Holographic Universe, which borrows heavily on Bohm's and Pribram's findings

join