It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irobot - My robot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Being that I'm the world's worst housekeeper, I like gadgets that make the task easier. Last Saturday, I trotted off to Fry's and bought myself a Roomba Red and took it home. This is one of the most popular consumer robots around -- and it's a vacum cleaner.

Boy, howdy, does it work!

Anyway, I was looking at the Irobot site and I think that they also built the robot that crawled down the shafts in the Great Pyramid. They've got some interesting government/military applications and their robots have been used in some police and some military actions. I went poking around their site and found all sorts of interesting news items -- fellow tech geeks here might enjoy some of them.

www.irobot.com...

But, ohboy, do we love lil' RosieTheRoomba (everyone, it seems, names their Roombas. Don't know why...) Cats, however, either ignore them or have a sort of love-hate relationship with the robots.

(you might enjoy this tale... I didn't write it... but first, put down whatever you're drinking.... Part 1 : www.tomatonation.com... ... and part 2 www.tomatonation.com... )

They're making a Scoomba, which will scrub floors... it's a pity we don't have that many floors to scrub. Some businesses are using these, though they're not up to doing a whole building. But they're ideal for a home or a small office.

Here's what we got:
www.irobot.com...

[edit on 9-6-2005 by Byrd]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Hey Byrd do you have a lawn to mow as well? For a 'measly' 1,400 bucks you could get the Robomower!

click picture for story link

[edit on 9-6-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
That mower is the best invention that I have ever seen. I would seriously consider it if I still had a lawn. But that's just a memory. Now I'm stuck in a condo.

new topics

join