It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mothman again?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Sometime around the time the Mothman movie came out, I had an odd experience when I was driving home. I had just turned the corner to my street when this large, dark shadowy thing flew across the road at an incredible rate of speed. It was one of those moments when you think - did I see what I just saw, or am I imagining things?

It flew by too fast for me to get any details at all as to what it was. So fast that with one blink of my eyes it was gone. I looked in the direction where it went, but didn't see anything. It was quite large - much larger than a man, and seemed to be shaped like it had wing like things but the wings didn't flap or anything. The time was toward dusk, so the shadows were getting kind of weird anyway.

It could have just been a shadow of something - maybe a plane? - but I didn't see anything that could have created a dark shadow like that.

Has anyone else ever seen something that looked like Mothman?

Maybe it was my subconscious mind replaying the Mothman commercials?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It may have been just your mind playing tricks on you if you were thinking about the movie close to that time or watched it recently. I cant say for sure because i wasn't there. Do you live in West Virginia? If i may , i'd like to add a little mothman background information here if it hasn't been posted somewhere else in the forums. I apologize if it has. Many people link the mothman to the curse of Shawnee Chieftain Cornstalk who was apparently murdered and cursed what is now West Virginia for 200 years. You can find more info on it here.

www.prairieghosts.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I wasn't in West Virginia, so that rules that out unless Shawnee Chieftain Cornstalk wanders the country a bit. I think what was so odd about it is that it seemed to be more substantial than a shadow.

I've learned that odd experiences are pretty normal for humans, tho.
The more I talk to people, the more I realize that the freaky things that happen to me sometimes are actually pretty normal.

It could have been real, it could have been suggestability from the movie commercials. As I recall, I hadn't really been thinking about the movie when the incident actually occurred - mostly I was thinking about getting home since I was tired from work. LOL.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I cant say i have ever seen anything that looked like the mothman before . You should always carry a digi cam with you like i do. Sometimes i even go outside at night and wait for something strange to happen. If i look out of the corner of my eye i usually think i see things but it's probably because i want to. Im not saying things like the mothman dont exist though.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
LOL! Well, you know how it is. If you're prepared, nothing ever happens and you feel stupid for lugging a camera around with you all the time.

I did see a really weird looking bear when I was out camping that I wondered if it might be genetically altered. It had very small front paws like a racoon, but large hindquarters like a bear. It was the strangest thing I've ever seen. I cought it eating the bugs off the front license plate of my car!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Not to stray far from the subject but the people i live with keep seeing an animal outside that is completely white and as large as a wolf but by the time they get a good glance at it , it runs so fast nobody can tell what it is. Also we have no wolves around here , so it could either be some weird dog , an albino coyote or an albino fox but i dont think any of these animals would be that fast. Ive been sitting outside with a camera waiting for it but no luck so far. Everyone has seen it but me.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Maybe we've got a scientist running amok doing genetic experiments on animals beyond the radar somewhere. If we start seeing three headed pink deer in the yard, we'll know for sure.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Actually i've heard about the government doing experiments on animals and such. Which could be the answer in some cases.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The Mothman is only supposed to exist in the the West Virginia area. There are only a handful of recorded sightings of the "Mothman" in other parts of the country. Probably due to people just seeing things. There are over 200 sightings all concentrated in rural West Virginia.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh
LOL! Well, you know how it is. If you're prepared, nothing ever happens and you feel stupid for lugging a camera around with you all the time.

I did see a really weird looking bear when I was out camping that I wondered if it might be genetically altered. It had very small front paws like a racoon, but large hindquarters like a bear. It was the strangest thing I've ever seen. I cought it eating the bugs off the front license plate of my car!

A badger?

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   

The Mothman is only supposed to exist in the the West Virginia area. There are only a handful of recorded sightings of the "Mothman" in other parts of the country. Probably due to people just seeing things. There are over 200 sightings all concentrated in rural West Virginia.

LOL. I guess I'll have to disregard the London sightings, then:

www.paranormalnews.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

A badger?

It was too big for a badger, unless it was a very LARGE genetic anomoly.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
yeah, what you were discribing doesn't really sound like a badger.

Was it cute? Becaus I'm tired of having scary b*tt-ugly cryptids around

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Was it cute? Becaus I'm tired of having scary b*tt-ugly cryptids around

LOL! It looked like a small bear with odd looking front paws - skinny, like a dogs front legs. Regular bear sized back end. I watched it through my tent window for quite some time while it ate the insects off my license plate (which I was happy to see go - who wants to wash the car when you're on vacation?).

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Isn't it weird that something like Mothman (something with wings) would be so localized, as opposed to something slow and lumbering, like Bigfoot. It seems that at least there would be hoaxes and junk elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Isn't it weird that something like Mothman (something with wings) would be so localized, as opposed to something slow and lumbering, like Bigfoot. It seems that at least there would be hoaxes and junk elsewhere.

Maybe Mothman is something like Bigfoot, only more reclusive so we see it less often. Just because someone SAYS it can only be in one location doesn't mean it's true.

We humans have a bad habit of making assumptions. I'm not saying that Mothman is real, but if it were, it would be an assumption to say that it couldn't move to new areas.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Mothman is a pretty weird dude (as opposed to Bigfoot-a big, hairy animal that could pretty easily be mistaken as some sort of other local wildlife). As such, if he/it were to be seen in another area, I think we'd hear about it. Especailly since Mothman doesn't seem very shy...

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Especailly since Mothman doesn't seem very shy...

What I saw was just a dark flicker above my head. Definately doesn't fit a non-shy Mothman profile. Still, it does make you wonder ...

Vampire?
LOL!

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
i have personally driven across the usa and lived in various cities and countrysides. I have seen shadows fly over my car across the road, and even i swear felt like something was keeping up with me on the side of the road in the woods.

I dont always feel these vibes, but sometimes i do and it is scary to me.

i have had these experiences in all areas of america, so either i'm crazy (which of course is possible) or there is something out there the average person just doesn't always see.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The mothman prophecy movie was pretty good and good the first time you watch it. Its like x-files with richard gear.

The MM has been seen all over the world as it mentions in the film.

Did any one notice that if this being can communicate electronically he maybe he is hear talking to you.

Just joking what Im trying to say is that maybe the MM caused that bridge to calapse in point plesant because he can manipulate electric signals and maybe it knew that on a busy christmas period that many cars would pass over it and having many cars stop on a bridge could calapse. Secondly it could have manipulated people to losen the bridge.

Mothman sounds demonic, some may have a greater understanding of time and space but they are either caused or just predictions these demonic fallen angels have.

[edit on 1-7-2005 by The time lord]

new topics

top topics

join