It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a passing thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Hey all, I was just flicking through some old material when this notion occured to me.
It seems that the predominate reason for the aliens of various races to be here is to conquer us in their own individual ways, It also would seem the primary reason for this is that they need either DNA to sustain their race, or they need the planet itself as their own is desolate.
Now what seems odd about the later issue, is if such an advanced species that can cross the galaxy so fast seems to think that this planet is the only place they can survive, then what chance do we stand of colonising other worlds without massivly futuristic terraforming technology?
We currently spend millions on searching for planets around other stars, and to work out their compositions and if they could sustain life, but if these super advanced races have to turn to this planet then surely no (class M) planets exist in this corner of the galaxy?
Which brings me to wonder if even if we survive this "alien threat" are we still doomed to the same fate as them, by overpopulating ourselves in a universe that has no place for us to live?
On the other hand, mere percentage would dictate that there has to be thousands of planets capable of sustaining life, and that coinsidence that this is the only one is just mathematicly wrong. So what is so special about our rock, for a species to go to so much time and effort to take it over?
Hmm it seems i've gone and let my mind wander a little too much.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I don't think it has wandered a little too much...I think it has gotten right where it needs to be! Most excellent reasoning.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Aw thanks for the appraise

But i've ever seen anything to relate to these things before so i thought i'd bring it up, as the two subjects are really very closley entwined.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Maybe domination isn't their goal? If that's what they wanted, it would have been easier a couple centuries ago.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Very true, although i'm not going to start speculating their intentions on this thread as it's far too broad a subject. I was merely making the assumption on the general opinion of reports and theories etc.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Just wondering what everyones views are relating to this, be it for or against it. It's just got me thinking quite a lot lately.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
"The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot live forever in the cradle." - Konstantin Tsiolkovsky (1857 � 1935)

I believe that we aren't being invaded. Merely watched.

Eventually, we are going to have to grow up and leave home.
The question that I often wonder about is - who will go and who will stay?

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Some very good reasoning there mate, if that's our future, then it sure is bleak, maybe us humas were just an experiment all along!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   
ok, lets assume that their intent is hostile. maybe 200 years ago we werent percieved to be a threat, but now we have split the atom, and have travelled in space, and our weapons are getting more powerful, perhaps they are trying to shut us down before we get off this rock

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Ok so if we assume they are watching, and now percieve us to be a possible threat due to technology. Why then just sit in then shadows, doing the odd sighting here and abduction there. Surely if you wish to prevent a species becoming dangerously powerful, the two most effective methods would be:
1.Turn up and destroy everything of danger to you in one foul swoop. Surely and easy task for a race than has mastered faster than light travel?
2.Turn up and negotiate the species into destroying all such weapons, and change their way of life. Once again, easy for a race who can communicate telepathicaly?

top topics

join