It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminati.....what do they want?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
So there is pretty extensive discussion in Angels and Demons about the Illuminati?

I read the Da Vinci Code and the Illuminati made a "comeo" appearance.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
**SPOILER**

But in the book, the illuminati do not exist, he uses them as a tool of fear

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I was surprised that the Illuminati didn't have a more deep role in the story of TDVC.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Alll this conjecture about the Illumaniti is ridiculous. Nothing like what you folks imagine ever takes place in a Masonic lodge. Masons are a fraternal organization that do much good throughout the world. Chances are there are several families in your area receiving aid from them. If you want to know what goes on in a Masonic lodge, join the masons.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer68
Alll this conjecture about the Illumaniti is ridiculous.

I know it may appear unlikely at times, but you just never know. Just because you don't think something is true, it doesn't mean that it isn't rue.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
``

imo, it's not if an 'Illuminati' exists

lots of authors have created an "Illuminati' so its' Myth is a Fact !

this here Phd. Henry Makow...has a sizeable resume of articles &
papers which weave the 'documentation' of this elite, secretive, body of
people, and the sub-groups that are created or subordinate to this Illuminati,

here's some memes:
www.savethemales.ca...
www.savethemales.ca...
=then see the archived articles at the home address=
www.savethemales.ca...
->>scroll to last article about the Jesuits

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer68
Alll this conjecture about the Illumaniti is ridiculous. Nothing like what you folks imagine ever takes place in a Masonic lodge. Masons are a fraternal organization that do much good throughout the world. Chances are there are several families in your area receiving aid from them. If you want to know what goes on in a Masonic lodge, join the masons.

Where did THIS come from?

The Freemasons have no sort of connections with the Illuminati, so what's all the fuss about.

[edit on 11-6-2005 by Majestic12]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   
The Illuminati no longer exist. They were "disbanded" a long time ago.

www.newadvent.org...

Illuminati
The name assumed by the members of a secret society founded by Adam Weishaupt in 1776.

This online encyclopedia previously mentioned, has a good short blurb on the Illuminati.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Hmmmm why is it every time this topic gets raised we get the same old suspects re-writing history?
"The Illuminati" did exist, they were outlawed but never disbanded. at least two prominant works were published by insiders at the time and are still in print today.
The question that remained was not DID they get away but WHERE did they get away to?

Incidentally Albert Pike defends "The Illuminati" briefly in his explaination of the 28th Degree (Knight of The Sun/Prince Adept) - the more I compare this ritual to the other rituals of the Scottish Rite the more I am convinced that it originates from from a member of the Illuminati rather than the Chevelier Ramsay (who *appears* to have written everything else.)

Manditory reading:
aobs-store.com...
(Please will SOMEBODY else actually read this one book so I can compare notes with someone other than Morgan)

[edit on 12-6-2005 by MrNECROS]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I never said the information I was using was fully correct, I wasn't sure. It said the information was correct but Brown could've been wrong.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
He probably was wrong.

Look at how Brown threw the practices of the innocent Catholic group, Opus Dei, out of proportion.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You have got to be kidding right? Sounds like a lot of disinformation going around. Why is almost everything on this site associated with some sort of "secret society"? Now don't go and call me ignorant because frankly, why should I believe a post or link anymore than I should believe media? We all pretty much believe the media does not give a full story but who does? How do you know which stories, posts, links to believe or not believe. I think I just read a thread that this site is some sort of British conspiracy!!! Am I supposed to believe that? I think the best thing any secret or goventment organization can ever do is put out all these "theories" and "stories" and watch all of us run with them like kids in a candy store only to find out there is only one big cavity when it is all said an done. Just my two cents.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
"The Illuminati" did exist, they were outlawed but never disbanded. at least two prominant works were published by insiders at the time and are still in print today.
The question that remained was not DID they get away but WHERE did they get away to?

You're right, they weren't disbanded. They were outlawed, and then broke apart due to internal bickering among its senior members. :bnghd:

dh

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons are just devices to throw people off the path. Like The Matrix, X-files, name many
The vast majority of masons are innocent - they may wish to curry favour in the locality or beyond but no more
One may suspect those above the 30th degree
They're beginning to get the picture
The 33rd degree and the hidden degrees above begin to acquaint with the perspective and what is becoming full-frontal illuminati invasion of our society and psyche right now
It's precipitous action at the moment and very little seems to stop it
In the UK, the ASBOmania, the upcoming summer curfews, -fast tracks to jail without trial -the ID, the GPS-controlled road charges, the speed cameras, the surveillance cameras,the psychotronically-tuned cell phone towers in every nook and cranny, the smoking bans, the downgrading then upgrading of dope, the hoodies and yobs debate - these are all elements of the Illuminati slam-down
The Illuminati doesn't refer just to the illuminated offspring of that Bavarian society, but to those who are illuminated, who understand how the world works and seek to control it by Hegelian, Satanic and Hitlerian means

[edit on 12-6-2005 by dh]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dh
The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons are just devices to throw people off the path. Like The Matrix, X-files, name many

I agree with you on this, I believe that if such groups are actually working as we speak they would use such things to throw off the public.

The vast majority of masons are innocent - they may wish to curry favour in the locality or beyond but no more
The 33rd degree and the hidden degrees above begin to acquaint with the perspective and what is becoming full-frontal illuminati invasion of our society and psyche right now

I'm sorry you lost me on this part. First you said something about the Mason's, and then you said that there are hidden degrees....so do these "secret" degrees make you part of the Illuminati....or do they just get you a better parking spot at the lodge?

dh

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final

Originally posted by dh

I agree with you on this, I believe that if such groups are actually working as we speak they would use such things to throw off the public.

I'm sorry you lost me on this part. First you said something about the Mason's, and then you said that there are hidden degrees....so do these "secret" degrees make you part of the Illuminati....or do they just get you a better parking spot at the lodge?

Phew - I replied on this and it went thataway
There are probably no hidden degrees beyond the 33rd - the hierarchical compartmentalisation is no longer necessary
The 33rd degree is just the front person co-ordinating the purpose with the design which is what we get, detail by detail
The illuminati are those beyond the 33rd degree plotting the strategy
I am by no means an anorak, but those in the UK who have managed to catch the latest Dr Who series have had it all explained - in the latest episode the world is controlled by Reality-TV gameshows whose unwilling participant losers are apparently eliminated by extreme force
Behind this grotesque gameshow is the Controller, who has been under electromagnetic mind control since age 5. The secret controller behind her is an invisible invasion force that seeks to hold the world in its thrall and eliminate the populace
Now, I wouldn't want to hold children's sci-fi as proof - but there's an allegory and a half

[edit on 12-6-2005 by dh]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dh
There are probably no hidden degrees beyond the 33rd - the hierarchical compartmentalisation is no longer necessary
The 33rd degree is just the front person co-ordinating the purpose with the design which is what we get, detail by detail

DH Have you ever MET a 33rd degree mason!?!? Well I know DOZENS, and I guarantee you that they are all TOO OLD and TOO HARMLESS to ever be part of any of you silly conspiracy theories. most got their 33rd degree for doing something lame like helping organize fundraisers or organizing and putting on good degrees.

My personal mentor got his 33rd degree for teaching classroom lectures on freemasonry, and being an actor in some of the Scottish Rite's degrees. He's a HEAVILY DEVOUT Christian, and doesn't have a mean bone in his body. I guarantee you that if you ever met a 33rd degree mason, you'd know what I mean.

By the way, a member of this very Forum will be a 33rd degree mason one day soon... you think he's in on this conspiracy also?

[edit on 12-6-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminati Suspect
they are a group that owns small portions of all buisnesses

Er, no they don't. Even if they existed they'd not be able to own 'portions' of every business out there.

and even control the educational system

Considering that in the US not even the states control the educational system, i don't see how one can say that the 'illuminati' is able to control it. I mean, what exactly, they have members on every local school board? And what about the rest of the world, they people on all their boards too? Doesn't seem reasonable at all.

from what i also hear

See, thats the thing. These are rumours, not based on fact nor evidence, but rather based on fear and suspicion.

MemoryShock
what difference does it make to you whether or not people discuss, in one line posts, the existence of a so-called mythic organization?

sebatwork is not the topic, the topic is the illuminati, please stay on topic.

reikuro
This is what I got on the Illuminati from the book I just read by Dan Brown, Angels & Demons

Why cite a fiction novel for information?

By the way, a member of this very Forum will be a 33rd degree mason one day soon

I thought we already had one or two?

[edit on 13-6-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

MemoryShock
what difference does it make to you whether or not people discuss, in one line posts, the existence of a so-called mythic organization?

sebatwork is not the topic, the topic is the illuminati, please stay on topic.

Nygdan......with all due respect.........a thread on the Illuminati can drift into mason territory, of which there exist many case specific threads, and you're going to single me out for straying off topic?

Hhhhhmmmmm..........all right.......allow me to get on topic........

The Illuminati and what they want...........well......maybe they want the status-quo. You know, people are just going to keep on breeding and the human population is going to continue to grow; we are coming upon the sapien version of exponential growth. That's alot of people. Alot of people with their own biological reactions to their environments. Alot of people with their own frustrations and their own desires and with so many interests on the field of competition, problems are going to occur. Needless conflicts. Structure is a solution, society is a solution. How long ago was society and a system of rules put into place? And what motivations could have instigated the move to a more organized social structuring? These are the questions that will help allow a deeper understanding of who and what the Illuminati are........probably people who took it upon themselves to organize the population because they were sick of petty arguement and conflict.

But, as in every basket, you have your bad apples, even if the determination is merely relative..........there are ways to control people,whether the Illuminati do it or not, and these methods have their roots in ancient history as well, though the proof is going to be found, amongst the popular resources, in extrapolated discernations on human culture, behaviour as well as allusions in the popular medias....

.....a worthy conversation to have, but only in the proper context.

And Nygdan, context is why I queried sebatwerk as I did. Stating my thoughts would be a waste of my time if an anonymous person whom I will probably never see insists on contributing only demands for evidence rather than attempting to work through a discussion with the possibility of reaching a clue into an intangible truth, or an intangible "proof." But, alas, there I go straying off topic again.........

[edit on 13-6-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Gramps (The security guy at my school who is like a grampa to us) is a 32nd Degree Mason (He has that 32 degree scottish rite masonic ring) and he said he knew a 33rd degree mason...I dunno

And I used Angels and Demons because I thought it was correct, I later found out the information was incorrect, so just ignore that post

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join