It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

future weaponary

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
does anyone think that humans will ever have 'plasma lasers' and all kinds of sci-fi weapons that we see so much? what do ya'll think?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If these weapons are theoretically possible to build then yes humans one day will have them. It wont be anytime soon in the near future but one day it ill happen.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
If these weapons are theoretically possible to build then yes humans one day will have them. It wont be anytime soon in the near future but one day it ill happen.

that is if we don't all kill ourselves with
Nukes...

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue_sky_9
does anyone think that humans will ever have 'plasma lasers' and all kinds of sci-fi weapons that we see so much? what do ya'll think?

We hardly know anything about plasma, its the "fourth" element in simple terms.
Nethier liquid nor gas but has bits of both.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
sure why not any thing is possible

given enough time, even a monkey will recite shakespear

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc42
sure why not any thing is possible

given enough time, even a monkey will recite shakespear

yes, but will the monkey understand what he is saying?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
As already said, anything is possible, so maybe one day we will, but not in our lifetimes...

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
As already said, anything is possible, so maybe one day we will, but not in our lifetimes...

well, time travel is not possible ... going to the past nor the future right.... ???

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue_sky_9

give it a few years and you will see these

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
well, time travel is not possible .

Thats an opinion....
"Nothing is impossible, only improbible"

.. going to the past nor the future right.... ???

But we are already in the past, present and the future all at the same time.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Actually were never in the present were always in the future because time is always moving forward there is no present just past and future.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Actually were never in the present were always in the future because time is always moving forward there is no present just past and future.

Ah but are we?
The time we percieve as now is really the past and the future at the same time but we see it as the present or the time we exist in.
Its circles again!

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
O', we'll easily b using Plasma and Laser Weaponary. Not soon, but I even get how we could use Plasma.

Now, we have no material that can withstand plasma itself, but if we use 1 thing, we can: Magnetism.

I even heard of scientist doing an experiment with plasma, and they used magnetism 2 keep the plasma from touching the surrounding.

Now, I don't know how we would launch it though. But because of that, no problem with storing and moving it through the barrel.

Laser Weaponary, I think we're working on it. We can cut things with em, fix eye, and damage them, with all do respect, so soon, y not kill?

[edit on 12-6-2005 by SEAL Trident]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SEAL Trident
O', we'll easily b using Plasma and Laser Weaponary. Not soon, but I even get how we could use Plasma.

Now, we have no material that can withstand plasma itself, but if we use 1 thing, we can: Magnetism.

I even heard of scientist doing an experiment with plasma, and they used magnetism 2 keep the plasma from touching the surrounding.

Now, I don't know how we would launch it though. But because of that, no problem with storing and moving it through the barrel.

Interesting idea, a fwe questions though..
.How magnetic is plasma?
How do you deploy it?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I was watching a show and scientist I think were talking about using plasma to fuel futuristic Space probes for NASA. They would just have a cylinder tube lined with a strong magnet substance and it would create a force field that would push the plasma equally from all sides thus keeping the plasma from touching the sides. Don't ask me on the technical stuff but this is what I saw on a program a long time ago.

Please ignore my poor graphic capabilities.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Yeah thats what I thought might work as well....simple enough to fire, the range and efficiency would be the only factors worrying a person.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
If by 'plasma laser', you mean a laser that consists of plasma striking a target in the way that a laser beam does, then you clearly don't understand what a laser is. A laser generates and amplifies light. The light itself may be generated by a plasma. In fact, many gas lasers operate in regimes that could be construed as a plasma. Search for discharge lasers.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Plasma is very common it is used it many cutting applications and smaller plasma cutter models can be bought at relatively low prices. The military has already built working gauss canons so surely with magnetic particle accelerators as powerful as they are plasma type weaponry may already exist. Since they have lasers capable of destrying ballistic missiles i think plasma weapons are surley soon to come. But i think plasma's most promising role will be in space propulsion.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by VXTip556
But i think plasma's most promising role will be in space propulsion.

thats intresting... how?

as for time travel, one would need an infiniate amount of energy (according to einstein) ...i wonder if plasma could suppy that...?

i saw your theory westpoint23, and i wondered if you think that nuclear waste could be stored like that...?

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemicalLaser
If by 'plasma laser', you mean a laser that consists of plasma striking a target in the way that a laser beam does, then you clearly don't understand what a laser is.

?????

Who were u talking 2?

If it was 2 me, no. I meant laser weapons and plasma weapons seperate, not combined like that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join