It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It doesnt exist.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I was coming back form walking the dog today and on the way back I saw a big sign advertising some mobile company. The slogan on the poster said,

Forgotten customers are like the Unicorn. They dont exist.

I know its not mych but it justs jumped out at me and said, ''disinformation'' The company probably didnt even do it on purpose, but it got me thinking as lots of kiddies shows disprove ridiculous monsters and stuff.

Anyone else see any blatant propaganda like this?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
How is this propoganda? Unicorns don't exist.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
haha i dont think i quite understand what you're saying. do you think unicorn's do or did exist and this is a small hint to put it into peoples minds that they never did for some sort of coverup or what?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
what if it said forgotten customers are like aliens. they dont exist.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
What indeed...

To (sort of) answer the original question asked, a lot of religious stuff tries to disprove that anything strange, besides the idea of Hell, exists.

That's probably not helpful.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Im just saying that it was blatantly trying to disprove something. I dont beleive in Unicorns, I was saying that alot of things these days try to disprove the ridiculous.

Such as Scooby Doo, its been doing it for years.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Im just saying that it was blatantly trying to disprove something. I dont beleive in Unicorns, I was saying that alot of things these days try to disprove the ridiculous.

Such as Scooby Doo, its been doing it for years.

haha its not trying to disprove anything, its just an ad they put out to show people that they dont forget about their customers.

its like putting out an ad that says, 'an unsatisfied customer is as real as santa clause' though this would crush lots of kids dreams, they didnt put it to disprove santa, they did it to show that they dont have unsatisfied customers. (p.s. i know that was an awful example.)

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I know the company probably didnt mean it but there is a lot of it out there. Say, a small child at school drew Bigfoot or something, the teacher would probably tell him/her it dosnt exist. And because the kid was told this at an early age, he would beleive that for the rest of his life.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
I know its not mych but it justs jumped out at me and said, ''disinformation''

How can it be disinformation when unicorns do not infact exist?

Anyone else see any blatant propaganda like this?

If its propaganda, its accurate propaganda.

edit to add

Im just saying that it was blatantly trying to disprove something

But the non-existance of unicorns is generally accepted. The billboard doesn't need to disprove it, its stateing something pretty much everyone agrees on. Its not influencing anyone.

[edit on 13-6-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
personally i would like to see an advert from a company use 'multi-national corporations are like organized religion...they're both after your money'

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Now I regret posting this, I knew it sounded stupid when I started it but, I also thought about all the other stuff that made other stuff not real. If that makes any sense at all. Oh, just forget it.............

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yep, it was pretty stupid mate

But your location isn't much better either, to be honest.

England, UK, not the other way around as that suggests the UK is part of England, which it isn't. England is in the United Kingdom of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Zanzibar
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you were upset by the idea of so many things being disproven in the most illogical ways now a days. Not so much your original example, but perhaps more like the Scooby Doo one. Children are constantly being told everthing is in their imagination and that nothing bizarre is possible with stories like these.

Our society has built walls around itself to allow nothing abnormal in. No thought or concepts that are not mainstream. We are sending ourselves the message on a continual basis that the only thing that is real is what a team of 32 scientists have seen, measured and tested with their own senses. That anything out of the ordinary is false and impossible. No matter that there could be acounts from thousands of people around the globe, these people somehow do not matter because they are not certified in some obscure degree.

It undermines our abilities to be creative and imaginative.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
So if something can't be proven to be 100% correct...then we should still believe it anyway, just because its abnormal etc.

The question was how likely is it that zombies will take over the world...or the street outside his window. The fact that there is no scientific evidience, medical evidence of these 'zombie' type people that we see in movies then it's a highly unlikely scenario.

We all came to a logically conclusion, as did the person who started the thread that it won't happen.

I could say 'i had a dream the world was invaded by aliens'... oh wait people are probably prophecising that already, but that's not the point. What's the chance or likelyhood that will happen. As there is no physical proof that aliens exist there is reasonable doubt that there won't be an invasion. You may say what about roswell, well bring me the body and spaceship and i might just believe you. Abductions are in no way proof of alien existance...it is however proof that there is a 'want' or 'need' for an alien existance within some people and they then create these scenarios for their own satisfaction to a point where they actually believe it happened to them.

So it's not wrong to logically break down things, or use some common sense. they only reason people avoid using logic or common sense is because stuff like zombies, religion, gods, aliens flies right out the f**king window, so some people prefer not to use that.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Propaganda exists in many forms in our everyday life. It's used for everything from selling you chewing gum to saving your soul. Gospel hymns are the greatest propaganda ploy ever devised. I'm serious, when I hear some of that music it amazes that every last human on the planet hasn't been converted. Take one song as an example:

Oh lord my God, When I in awesome wonder
Consider all, the world thy hand has made
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder
Thy power throu out
the universe displayed

Then sings my soul
My saviour god to thee
How great thou art
how great thou art..

Now thats some serious propaganda, hell, its almost enough to ensnare a spiritual anarchist such as myself.

You gotta give credit where credit is due, those good old gospel tunes are some of the best music ever produced this side of the veil.

Again, this is just MHO.

Wupy

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
there was a program called 'spiritual shopper' on in england at the moment and basically people look for aspects of some religions to sort out their lives.

one women joined a christian gospel choir...after the singing and experience, she explained it saying 'it was very god-like, you felt like all the energy of the earth was flowing through you, and that god was somehow there bla bla f**kin etc bla'... what a load of #...

but i guess that could be that propoganda you speak of...as it just, with some people, make them feel as though they are having a spiritual experience...when infact they're being f**ked by organised religious propoganda up the ass.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
If it said that Bigfoot did not exist then I would say you have something to argue about even though some people might even disagree with that, but are there any groups that claim unicorns are real and inhabit some part of the world? Are there any unicorn expeditions or videos of unicorns?

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
there is no physical evidence suggesting unicorns are real, there are however many many bigfoot videos, pictures etc etc just like there are many ET videos and photos, but no unicorn ones. Not sure why, maybe people can only be bothered with faking ET and bigfoot videos and pictures, but cant be bothered to bother with unicorns...

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
That weird orange ad. Every time I see it it annoys me, its boring. Those kids have unicorn's in their programs and think that they exist, theymust be dis-heartned becvause they believe that they do exist. They could just use a dinosaur and say "its non-existant"

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by amarenell
Zanzibar
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you were upset by the idea of so many things being disproven in the most illogical ways now a days. Not so much your original example, but perhaps more like the Scooby Doo one. Children are constantly being told everthing is in their imagination and that nothing bizarre is possible with stories like these.

Our society has built walls around itself to allow nothing abnormal in. No thought or concepts that are not mainstream. We are sending ourselves the message on a continual basis that the only thing that is real is what a team of 32 scientists have seen, measured and tested with their own senses. That anything out of the ordinary is false and impossible. No matter that there could be acounts from thousands of people around the globe, these people somehow do not matter because they are not certified in some obscure degree.

It undermines our abilities to be creative and imaginative.

Now thats what I was trying to say!!! Thank you.

And enough with the Unicorn crap! Did I say I beleive in them? No. It was an example.

Ill change my location for you as well triplesod.................

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join