It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Twisted My Ankle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
So, I know this is incredible information for alot of you, which is why I posted it. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if my motivations were more along the lines of getting a bit of online sympathy and attention.....hint, hint...

So I was on my worksite, after having torn down the Southern California Renaissance Faire. At this point, we have clean up and the transportation of stacked booths and stages to storage, which means that I have plenty of time to 'goof off', indeed, there is an inherent downtime once work gets to that level.

So since I'm the ground guy and I'm waiting for the forklift to show up, I see two tennis balls on the ground, left over from Cannonade a game booth, and I thought it would be a great idea to juggle them. So while I'm juggling(one hand of course), it occurs to me that I could try and 'joggle', which is juggling and jogging at the same time. Three steps later I found a pot hole and my ankle is a hurtin.........lol........3-4 weeks of hurtin......

So that's my story..........first time in my life I have had an injury this bad and I keep expecting it to be better soon, but nope, that's not the case......and that's me imposing a bit of my life on whomever chose to read this thread!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Suck it up and walk it off wimp

jk yeah dude ankle pain can be killer

here's a dancing bananer for you:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
That sucks dude!!! Did you go see a doc? Did he prescribe any mind altering drugs?

I hate the renaissance festival we have here in Texas. I mean where else can you sweat your balls off all day and also have to take out a loan to pay for a turkey leg?

Hey Henry VIII, it's a freakin' turkey leg!!!!!!

Peace

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Suck it up and walk it off wimp

Lol....thanks for the dancing banana......

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Hey Henry VIII, it's a freakin' turkey leg!!!!!!

Peace

Yeah, I went to a doc, paid for by the company, and they gave me soma......the pain isn't that bad, but I do have to favor it a bit.........

I hear you on that turkey leg, and everything else at the Renaissance Faires.........if you're ever in Southern California, or even Northern, look me up......I'll get you one for free. Also, I work at the Ale stands, so there's much I am capable of within those barriers!!! muahahahaha

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Moral of the story:

Construction workers don't look good jogging and juggling in high heels

j/k Get well soon...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

So if I understand this correctly you hurt your ankle juggling two balls?

Could have been worse.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
You dude! - I feel for ya bruv
:shk:

I can't count the number of times I've twisted my ankles! The last time was a very serious sprain (moon boot and some beautiful marbled bruising! - the physio took photos for her personal collection cos it so clearly showed exactly what ligaments and wot nots had been damaged).

A really good tip is to work through it now in the proper way so that you ankle is stronger later on when it's all better - my physio (NHS) gace me certaim exercises to do as much as possible, I can't remember exactly as it was some time ago but a main one was to stand one footed on that affected foot and balance (the other foot a few inches off the floor) - just by doing that you are automatically using all the muscles as your fine motor skills are constantly correcting to keep you balanced - and then as your ankle gets stronger bring your self up on your toes a bit rolling up onto the balls of your feet - there were also stretches. - (It still aches a bit in the damp weather, but this one was so bad we thought I'd broken it at first, so not all that bad in the end).

You better get professional advice on that one!

But if you stay off it and just let it be you will have a weaker ankle that will twist much easier in future!

Also wear footwear with ankle support! - I can't tell you the amount of times I've twisted my aknle up on the moors carrying what seemed like my body weight in my pack - nothing else to do but strap it up, dose up and grin it off, no way I was stranding my team up there cos I was playing silly buggers! - My tendons by now should be like old elastic bands left out in the sun, but no, surprisingly strong so far.

[edit on 27/3/2010 by Now_Then]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

But if you stay off it and just let it be you will have a weaker ankle that will twist much easier in future!

Also wear footwear with ankle support!

Excellent and timely advice.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
that sucks MS.. I hope it heals quickly for you.

I don't have any advice except do what the Dr. says. I have sprained my ankles more times than I care to admit. Once I even needed a cast.

Enjoy the pain meds while you have them.

[edit on 3/28/2010 by Blogstalker]

new topics

top topics

join