It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who'd Have Ever Thunk It? "Religious Right" Recruited from David Duke's Racist Mailing List!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
When Bill Frist (aka Fristie the rabid poodle lapdog of James Dobson) lent his name and political "credibility" to Justice Sunday, a religious event designed to overthrow Senate parlimentary procedures, did he know the racist seeds of that grassroots campaign? Probably.

It turns out Dobson's co-host Tony Perkins, the very emcee of the event and executive director of The Family Research Council, has been recruiting the rank and file for his Just Us Sunday movement from the CCC, KKK and David Duke.

Four years ago, Perkins addressed the Louisiana chapter of the Council of Conservative Citizens (CCC), America's premier white supremacist organization, the successor to the White Citizens Councils, which battled integration in the South. In 1996 Perkins paid former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard David Duke $82,500 for his mailing list. At the time, Perkins was the campaign manager for a right-wing Republican candidate for the US Senate in Louisiana. The Federal Election Commission fined the campaign Perkins ran $3,000 for attempting to hide the money paid to Duke.

It's certainly not without irony then that Perkins stood along side black preachers and Catholic "civil rights" activists during the made for TV event claiming that "people of faith" were under attack by the Democratic party. What "faith" is that Tony? That the south shall rise again?

AmericaBlog is covering the coverage. Saying what mainstream media is thinking, but doesn't have the balls to say. We don't want to go persecuting those good Christians now do we?

Wednesday, June 08, 2005
The Family Research Council and the Ku Klux Klan

You always remember your first Klan...

The Family Research Council's executive director, Tony Perkins, reportedly paid former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke over $80,000 for his who's-who-of-racist-America mailing list in 1996. This should be the death of the Family Research Council, one of the religoius right's lead organizations, and the end of Tony Perkins career.

Who on the left is smart enough to plunk down some money to organize the campaign destroying the FRC and their executive director because of his dealings with the Ku Klux Klan?

This was 1996, people. That is well beyond, years beyond, the date that the entire nation knew Duke to be a rabid KKK-loving racist. But our pinnacle of family values, Tony Perkins, had no problem enriching black-hater David Duke to the tune of $82,000. And what's more, Tony Perkins had no problem trying to woo David Duke's avowed racist following.

With the religious right trying to reach out to black folk, and more generally trying to lecture the rest of us on morality, I want to know why Tony Perkins hasn't been forced to resign, or, why the Family Research Council hasn't been ostracized from the entire religious right community.

Bob Knight and the rest of the Concerned Women for America, and the American Family Association and Lou Sheldon and all the rest of you supposed Christians, are you concerned that your good buddy Tony Perkins appears peppered with racism?

Kudos to the right for not only the excellent job of co-opting Christianity for the purposes of a one-party state, but also for the latest efforts to reinvent and remarket the Klan! All that frothy homophobic bigotry sure makes alot more sense now considering the bedfellows of James Dobson, Tony Perkins and the Republican Party.

And this on-going discussion (Gays, the New Blacks?) makes alot more sense to me now.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Rant I am very surprise at this but in a way, I wonder why the more radical Christian fundamentalist in our country have for some reason linked to supremacy groups along with preaching?

What is supposed to all this mean? a new way to get certain groups in one common bond under religious rights to instigate discrimination?

The whole thing of reclaiming American for Jesus is starting to show the true colors of perhaps reclaiming American for supremacy groups.

Sorry if I sound to extremist but I this is how I see the whole thing.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Pulls hair from head, jumps up and down beating head against walls.

WTF!!!! I posted this, all republicans tell me I am evil and need to die. EVERYONE at Justice Sunday was either KKK, CCC, and other hate groups. What response do I get? KIIL RAPE SLAUGHTER NUKE!!!!. I even watched some of it, but stopped after the third time they called for the "Final Solution to the Gay Problem."

I am pissed! I mean, I went on for weeks afterwards and all I got was SHUT UP! BUSH IS GOD AND SO IS ANYONE WHO SUPPORTS HIM! DIE!!!!!!

I gave links to CCC, KKK, Neo Nazis, so forth, and all I got, literally, "Your point?".

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Pulls hair from head, jumps up and down beating head against walls.

[
]

I gave links to CCC, KKK, Neo Nazis, so forth, and all I got, literally, "Your point?".

Sorry I didn't know. Well besides "your point?" now you also get Howard Dean is a Big Fat Meanie for Calling GOP an Exclusive White Christian Club...

But when you recruit from the KLAN's mailing list what do you expect?

Dean is right. I don't care how you remarket the Klan with a house boy here or a house boy there. It's still the Klan.

[edit on 9-6-2005 by RANT]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Unfortunately, where I live I'm all too familiar with the "religious right" and their attitudes about other races. Of course most of them never say it out loud in public, they keep it among "friends". Since I'm white and southern...sometimes they confuse me as their "friend" and out come the racial slurs. I've witnessed it so many times growing up in the south...I believe it's what pushed me to become so liberal today. Sure, there are many non-bigot conservatives...but that group attracts some for the wrong reasons. Some people were not very pleased after the civil-rights movement, so this is where they and their ancestors hide.

So no RANT that story is not very shocking at all...shame really. I'm also confused over the Dean uproar...he was just stating the obvious. Since when is "white Christian" a derogatory term? Of course there are white christian democrats but they don't try to blend it into their politics. Most believe that religion is personal and government should be secular.

[edit on 6/9/2005 by Lecky]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
www.kkk.bz...
www.k-k-k.com...
www.kkklan.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

Just some of the Hate Groups, I mean republicans, that spoke at Justice Sunday.

This is not a KKK march, but a CCC march calling for white pride. Basically they are the KKK without the robes, so admit they have more guts then the KKK for they actually show thier faces.
www.patriotic-flags.com...
Just them calling for the end to oppression of whites.(You heard me, the oppression of whites! hahahahaha, funny ain't it?)

Read this, ALL of it, not just some, not just the first paragraph, but all of it! It is the CCC saying whites are better then blacks because whites are more human and blacks are more monkey.
www.cycad.com...

There, may not find transcripts of speeches given at JS, but since these are the people speaking there, and if you use your brain for more then a hood ornament like Amuk, you will be able to put 2 and 2 together

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Well all this should not be a surprised to anybody, what better way to attract white Christian American than with a white Jesus in the Washington.

I find all this funny, now that we Hispanics are the growing majority in this country.

Now every time that I see anybody bashing and calling for the death of immigrants and illegal "Mexicans" I will be tagging them with the old but renew movement of members of the "white Christian American" the new KKK.

Funny how religion can be used for anything in this world including racism.

When people is going to understand that Jesus was not white from the Irish country

He was a Jew.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Even more funny is that christianity wasn't started by christ. He didn't want a new religon, but the church saw an oppourtunity to take over Europe, and did. Sure this brought the Dark Ages, and several million deaths with every Inquisition, Crusade, and plague easily cured but not cured because medicine is witchcraft.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
This all makes for some real rabble-rousing rhetoric, but the real religious right is not defined by these organizations, which are the fringe element. You know, like Rant and Howard Dean, only on the opposite end of the continuum.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Groups of white people getting together to be a force politically. No we can't have that.
That sounds too much like the NAACP.

David Duke = Jessie Jackson

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
David Duke's mailing list has been used before. In 1996 Mike Foster who successfully ran for Governor of Louisiana bought and used Duke's list for $15,000. As expected, the Democrats threw a fit, they cried like Democrats are known to do. But to no avail, Foster beat ultra liberal Cleo Fields for the governorship.

Since I was likely on this list since I voted for Duke in 1992. I want to know what the big deal is?

Before you judge, like Democrats are known to do. Remember Duke was running against Edwin Edwards. Who now is serving time for racketeering.

It was a no-win situation for Louisiana so I believe I choose the lesser of 2-evils. Duke is evil, that is a given. But Edwards was no angel, and his jail sentence proves that.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I still can't believe that Edwards was convicted of anything. John Volz practically ruined his own career trying to convict Edwards back in the eighties. Not that I thought Edwards was a saint, I just thought he'd never get convicted.

top topics

join