It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Died Of Deep Vein Thrombosis (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Professor Benjamin Brenner, a doctor at the Rambam Medical Centre in the Israeli port city of Haifa has announced that contrary to popular belief, Jesus may have been one of the earliest victims of DVT. Professor Brenner said Jesus may have died from a blood clot caused by his crusifiction that travelled through his body eventually reaching his lungs.

www.sky.com
The potentially fatal condition, also known as pulmonary embolism, has become associated with long-distance flights as people's immobility in aeroplanes can cause blood clots.

"This fits well with Jesus' condition and actually was in all likelihood the major cause of death of crucified victims."

Professor Brenner based his understanding of Jesus' condition at the time of his death on a previous work published nearly 20 years ago in the Journal of American Medical Association. The paper found that before his crucifixion Jesus went 12 hours without food or water, was under emotional stress, was beaten and forced to walk to the crucifixion site carrying a heavy cross part of the way.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

How on Earth do scientists find out things like this? Do they just make an educated guess, or is there any truth in these findings?

If this is true then it will be yet another scientific contradiction of the bible.

If scientists keep at it they should be able to prove that 99% of the bible is totally exagerated.

Another Link To This Story

[edit on 9/6/2005 by MickeyDee]

[edit on 9/6/2005 by MickeyDee]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Since they are not able to perform an autopsy and do not have any physical evidence of what exactly caused his death or even that he ws crucified, then all this is just an "educated" guess.
As remarked by another in the article, it is unlikely that Christ died of DVT since he was only on the cross for 3 to 6 hours.
One thing, Fix your spelling and I will give you a yes vote. Hint: I have the correct spelling in my post

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Well I don't see the relevance of the subject to ATSNN-Terror Analysis.
Also, as far as I am aware Jesus died on the cross the way anyone would
only in a much quicker fashion than most; so, He died from DVT, so what?
There is nothing in the Bible that is disproved by this medical conclusion, even though, as Kenshiro noted, there is no physical evidence to support
the claim. I am voting no on the basis of relevance and the source material.
Sorry; it's an interesting idea, though.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Osiris lived a few hundred years before Jesus and had the same life as Jesus. Once researched one can come to the conclusion the Jesus recorded life may be mostly fictional.

The important thing about Christ is not what he did, but his words - HIS WORDS!!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

posted by godservant: Once researched one can come to the conclusion the Jesus recorded life may be mostly fictional.

The important thing about Christ is not what he did, but his words - HIS WORDS!!

I take it you mean the Bible, and that the Bible is mostly fictional.

If so, i agree.

top topics

join