It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA Takes On PETCO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
No idea where to put this, so I threw it in the slug fest

PETA has been after PETCO claiming PETCO's animals are all sick and dying, and that PETCO needs to stop selling live animals. PETA has started a boycott on PETCO, where part of the boycott reads as follows:

PETA's national campaign against PETCO was launched in order to inform consumers of the pet-shop chain's bad habit of leaving animals sick and dying in its stores, pending lawsuits, and angry customers.

PETA is sending monthly casualty reports to PETCO officials, citing dozens of eyewitness accounts of sick and dying animals at PETCO stores across the country. During March [2004] alone, PETA received 59 complaints from 55 PETCO stores in 21 states. The reports can be read at PETCOCruelty.com.

Well, PETCO sponsored the Padre's new baseball park in 2004, and the park was called PETCO park. In an effort to make a little money, PETCO offered customized bricks to be purchased by people and put into the Palm Court Plaza for perminant display. PETA jumped on the band wagon with this seemingly harmless little phrase:

Break Open Your Cold Ones! Toast The Padres! Enjoy This Championship Organization!

Er...ok, was my reaction on reading that before noticing something interesting. Take the first letter of each word, and you get: B-O-Y-C-O-T-T P-E-T-C-O!

I was amused, figured I'd pass it on to y'all.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
That brick is pretty funny.

I wish it wasn't PETA saying this about PETCO though since so many people just don't like PETA, but they're right this time.

The Wal-Mart of live animals is disgusting. If you want to kill every fish you already have, buy one from there. And those poor dogs... ugh. Not right.

...and add linkypoo please.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Happy, happy linkypoo

There ya go, confirmed by Snopes ('s where I got the pic, too
)

new topics

join