It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can't move your body just before falling asleep

page: 1

join
share:
DAF

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
What about when sleeping. I have had this happen to me on a number of occasions. Just before I go to bed my entire body freezes. I am awake but paralysed 100%. I have to practically fight myself before I regain mobility.

Any of you guys ever experienced something like that?

Awaiting response.
16:15pm / South Africa / 09 Thursday 2005

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I've had this happen to me many times during heavy trancework. The phenomena is known as sleep paralysis and I believe it is caused by your body falling asleep when your mind is still awake, it can be quite frightening if you are not expecting it. Some have linked hag/succubus attacks to this phenomena too.

Im sure you'll find many threads on this subject if you do a search.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Happens to me frequently. Try astrally escaping your body.
www.astralvoyage.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
yeah sounds like sleep paralysis, basically what was said by JoeyC, your body is asleep but your mind is awake which can lead to some very realisitic dreams. alot of the times you feel pressure on your chest like something is sitting on you. Almost all of the cases i have heard were sleep paralysis nightmares. sounds scary!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Yes this is something that has happened to me a few times, and is called sleep paralysis, if you take a look around you will find many threads of the same experience,

Its scary when this happens, I had it once when i woke up, unable to move but i could here screaming, i tryed to make a noice and nothing came out of my mouth,

Its basicly you are 50% in dream state and 50% in awakness,

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Look into the hypnogogic stage. Not sure if thats the correct spelling but its the point in between sleep and awake.

I always thought sleep paralysis was when you were already sleeping and you wake up but body is still sleeping.

ohh well

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
This sounds like sleep paralysis. It used to happen to me quite often. I've never had any nightmares or dreams at all as a result of it and never once encountered any form of pressure anywhere. It was simply like I had my eyes closed and was completly relaxed. Should anyone be interested (or care) I found a way of re-invigorating my body and breaking this paralysis.

Once sleep paralysis sets in, I would work to jitter my thumbs like I was shivering. Slowly my thumbs would start to shake, so I would keep working to bring everything else up to speed. From the thumbs, I would move into the rest of the fingers, then hands, and usually by this point I broke this paralysis and can move again.

This has proven successful for me without fail so far. The number of incidents of paralysis have also decreased greatly. I am curious to know if this works for anyone else and if it does, then it might take some fear from sleep paralysis. So if you would not mind, give it a shot.

If it doesn't work, you could always do what my dad does: Just fall back asleep.

top topics

join