It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenpeace Charged Under New Danish Anti-Terror Laws.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   

The environmentalist group Greenpeace has gone on trial in a Copenhagen court as the first organization charged under new Danish anti-terror laws introduced after the attacks in New York and Washington on September 11, 2001.

Greenpeace was charged under the new legislation last month following a protest by a group of activists in October 2003 at the Copenhagen headquarters of the Danish Agriculture association against genetically modified organisms (GMOs) used in the Scandinavian country's booming pork industry.
The individual protestors, who entered the Danish Agriculture building and reportedly hung a banner reading "No to GMO swine" from a window, have been accused of violating domestic peace.

The new terror legislation allows the courts to hold organizations responsible for the actions of their individual members, which according to prosecutors clears the way for the charges brought against Greenpeace.

Article

Just another example of the 'Orwellian' rules that are starting to rule our lives. I, for one don't want
GMO's in my food and i think one should be able to protest that without being accused of being a terrorist.

Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
If you don't want to eat it, buy organic.

Protesting isn't wrong, but bear in mind that what organizations such as Greenpeace and PETA do to protest can be. Not just by these new laws, but even by a lot of older laws these organizations can be charged as terrorists.

join